Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

Thanks! Just opened and spun yesterday and confirmed the deadwax. Sounds great.

black sheriff and Myke like this.
  2. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

recstar24 likes this.
  3. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

amazon prime has some weird deal where if you load $100 onto your gift card balance, they'll add another $10 to your gift card balance. I had a big order today and saw that when checking out. So I bought me a $100 gift card and checked out with $110. Not sure why they want to do that, but worked out for me!

mrjinks likes this.
  4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Simple Economics. They got you while you're shopping, if they give you little incentives here and there, you'll buy more. They just got you to spend $100 that you likely wouldn't have spent otherwise.
    Not everyone online at Amazon has a big order, some could be simply browsing when they see that carrot dangling from the stick.

aoxomoxoa and guidedbyvoices like this.
  5. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

I got something like that a month ago or so. Came up as a targeted ad for me saying I could save $10 on what I was looking at buying if only I added $100 to my "card balance" (which I didn't even have one in the first place). I am not a prime member btw.

Funny thing is though the item that it said I could save $10 on if I purchased a $100 card was NOT an amazon direct sale and was ineligible for the $10 credit, despite my purchasing a $100 card thingee. Long story short I had to call customer service, they had to get the developers to remove the offer from that page since it was invalid and did not even work, and then they just added $10 to my gift card balance so I could actually save $10 on that particular item (could use it for anything really).

Not complaining per se but it was a pain in the azz/drain of my time dealing with it.

6. guidedbyvoices

Actually I was buying some headphones and gear, just happened to see the bonus $10 thing at checkout. But I do get your point.

7. Myke

That thing appears at the top of one of the pages I go past, going to my cart. I've always blown it off, as I use an Amazon Visa, that gives me 5% back on everything Amazon, inc.Marketplace purchases. I have no need for a gift card.

guidedbyvoices likes this.
  8. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Not on a long term basis (for a gift card), but if they're throwing $10 your way for $100 you're already going to purchase, it seems like a pretty decent deal.

azjvm05 likes this.
  9. guidedbyvoices

Yeah but I paid for the $100 gift card with my amazon card. So I get the 5pct back on the gift card reload, plus the $10 gift card add on when I was about to spend more than $100 anyway. Pretty not bad

10. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

11. Myke

seaisletim likes this.
  12. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

black sheriff likes this.
  13. Jenifer

Jenifer Forum Resident

elsanto and Kym like this.
  14. johnnypaddock

johnnypaddock Senior Member

Great record... You'll most likely need a Vinyl Flat for that pressing, but it's well worth it.

15. Walt

Walt Forum Resident

16. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

17. Tjazz

18. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

19. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

I apologize for going off topic but has anyone heard these Blackened reissues? I’ve searched some threads and opinions are mixed. I’d love to pick up a nice sounding Kill ‘em All.

bru87tr likes this.
  20. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

I have Ride The Lightning and I have no issues. It sounds great. Clean pressing.

On a whim, I just ordered that cheap copy of Kill 'Em All, though it's now temporarily out of stock.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    Davidmk5 and black sheriff like this.
  21. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

22. Tjazz

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  23. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Senior Member

leeroy jenkins and black sheriff like this.
  24. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

^^^^ I'll second the Ride the Lightning , i got one for $10 & very happy with it , I already have an original Kill me all so i didn't buy that ...

black sheriff likes this.
  25. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident