De Agostini - 'The Beatles Vinyl Collection' mail order set via subscription

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by OneStepBeyond, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sgt Pepper

Sgt Pepper Forum Resident

Bloody hell, no one else???

alanbeat likes this.
  2. villiers terrace

villiers terrace Forum Resident

Will have to wait until Friday until I can get to Tesco’s as I didn’t get the chance today. Looking forward to hearing it though.

3. JP Christian

JP Christian Forum Resident

I only had a quick listen as I haven't cleaned mine yet (I wait until I have a few new LP's then clean a 'batch') but from my quick listen to the first track on each side it does sound really good!

4. Sgt Pepper

Thought this release would have got a bit more interest here. :shrug:

5. JP Christian

Will be interesting to hear from anyone who has both the 2017 DeAgostini and the 2012 vinyl to see how they compare - from what I briefly listened to last night, it exceeded my expectations.

Sgt Pepper likes this.
  6. JohnnyH

JohnnyH Senior Member

I've bought PPM, BFS, AR and BBC2 so far and hope to pick up LIB tomorrow. May also pick up WTB, SPLCHB and MMT as back issues. Shame about AHDN... (I have a reasonable BC13 box but the vinyl is very thin).

JP Christian likes this.
  7. seanjennings

seanjennings Member

Can't wait to get my copy of LIB, tomorrow, when i go shopping. Will be nice to own it on vinyl. and i will then, have all 13 official Beatles albums, on vinyl, for the first time ever Will be nice to compare it, with my copy of LIBN, looking forward, to getting, the 2015 Stereo remix, of 1 on vinyl, and Anthology 3, and Past Masters Vol 1 & 2 on vinyl, can't wait to hear Vol 2, i only have Vol 1 on C.D.

JP Christian likes this.
  8. Sgt Pepper

Listened again earlier, this release is quite astonishing and I am sure will be the go-to version of Let It Be on LP for some time, for very many who have heard it.

9. alanbeat

alanbeat A music loving Chap. PipPip!

OOOOOOHHHHHH YEZZZ Let it Be is Superb!
    Dig it! get it DIG IT!

10. matt0505

matt0505 Forum Resident

So I've seen this pop up on the forum from time to time and I've checked out the website, it seems very interesting to me. I guess as someone who has the 2012 Stereo Vinyl box (and would be willing to sell it other than the book, gotta keep that,) in what ways are these pressings "better" than the 2012 box? People are saying that LIB for example sounds great.....why? How were these made? Who worked on them?

And from looking at the site it looks like I'd still be able to get all of the "extras" that come along with the whole package, is that accurate?

11. LivingForever

LivingForever Forum Arachibutyrophobic

Ugh, side A of my LiB riddled with non-fill.

12. Wayne C

Wayne C Forum Resident

Can I ask when people are saying quiet pressing, what exactly are we referring to with regards to Let It Be?. I ask because I have significant noise between the individual tracks themselves?. Granted it does sound good but it hasn’t knocked me for six as has been reported over the past two days?.

13. Sammy Waslow

Sammy Waslow Just watching the show

I've not had the chance to play my copy yet, but based on comments, this seems to be rivalling Help! as a series standout.

14. LivingForever

Perhaps your copy also has non-fill?

15. mc7t

mc7t Forum Resident

My replacement "A hard day's night" has just arrived...Still saying Deagostini on the back cover... I'm presuming this is still uncorrected?... I'll report back later :confused:

Edit...

Just checked it... Exactly the same as the first issue... Total waste of time :cussing:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    Fleet Fox likes this.
  16. Leepal

Leepal Forum Resident

I did notice a bit of surface noise, especially at the beginning of each side. I do think the sound is good but I don't have a lot to compare it to, haven't listened to my (slightly ropey) early pressing of LIB in quite a long time.

17. Paul Rymer

Paul Rymer Forum Resident

I can only compare it to my 2009 CD. It sounds great on my system (technics turntable, Denon amp, Sony speakers) - on a par with the best of this series. This is my first time really buying Beatles vinyl (compilations excepted) and I'm enjoying LIB a lot.

18. Vinylspurge

Vinylspurge New Member

Replacement AHDN received today! Still wrong but hey ho free copy I suppose.

19. Frank205

Frank205 Forum Resident

Got my copy this morning in easons Dawson street dublin 2 left on the stand. Played side 1 no pops or surface noise......sounds great best so far and nice booklet aswell 20 euro i am happy

20. sleeptowin

sleeptowin Forum Resident

everyone getting doubles should do some dj turntable juggling with them

21. LivingForever

Replaced my copy at lunchtime. Second copy exactly the same and also badly warped. :(

22. Somerset Scholar

Somerset Scholar Ace of Spades

My replacement "A Hard Days Night" has arrived. I'm not going to open it. Does it or doesn't it have the 'cocked up' opening chord? This will be my Schrodinger's Cat.

23. JP Christian

Where did you get your copy from? The copy I picked up in Tesco Leatherhead is absolutely fine - they had several and I just flicked through and picked one from the middle, so hopefully the rest of that batch will be ok...?

alanbeat likes this.
  24. JohnnyH

JohnnyH Senior Member

Picked up the next to last copy today (phew!), will give it a spin over the weekend.

25. seanjennings

seanjennings Member

Just received my replacement? copy of AHDN. Exactly the same, faulty opening chord. I'm not epecting them, to re-cut/replace it, even with the messages, from their admin, saying, they are in the process, of re-cutting it. Will believe it, when i have a copy of it, in my hands.

On the plus side, the replacement copy, is streets ahead, of the copy i bought from Tesco's, but from what i've heard, they use, a different supplier, than the shops. It's a clean copy, and it has the proper ending, to Track 4, Side 1, no skipping, like on, my purchased copy, or pops or clicks. I'm playing it now, with the sound pumped up, listening to it, so for a free copy, i'm happy, seeing as DeAgostini, owe me nothing, as i did'nt buy it from them. No fuss, no asking for a reciept, or asking me to return, the purchased copy.

Will probably, donate, the bought, faulty copy, to my favourite charity shop. They will be glad to have it.

I also picked up, my copy, of LIB, today while shopping, in my local Tesco. They did'nt have many copies, in stock, only 6 left. It looks like, they are cutting down, on how many copies, they are getting in, as this series, is coming near to the end, of it's run.
    My copy, looks v. clean, sleeve is perfect, the booklet is nice to. It will be interesting, to compare it, with my copy, of LIBN
    Will give it a spin, over the wkend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.