Bob Dylan: Bootleg Series Vol 13 Trouble No More -- Pricing & Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by HominyRhodes, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Forum Resident

I checked on Monday to see that it actually had been "moved" in Houston but after that I did not check until yesterday morning (because I just figured it would be several days, a week? before I would receive it). To my surprise it said "out for delivery" and thankfully I did receive via the postal service yesterday.

Looking at the actual tracking info it left Grand Prairie, TX at 10:20PM on 11/4 and didn't update again until arrived here in Raleigh on the morning of 11/8. Delivered on 11/9.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    joannenugent likes this.
  2. edski

edski The Road to Ed

I had signed up for text alerts on 11/5 and yesterday 11/09 received two messages that delivery was expected same day, and it was! Package was delivered in perfect condition, with the 2CD San Diego set!

dormouse likes this.
  3. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

I know what you mean by "other means" but it might be worth hanging on a bit longer for your set to arrive:-

BOB DYLAN SAN DIEGO 28 NOVEMBER 1979 NEW SONY 2CD LIVE RARE | eBay

This is not mine, by the way. I won't be selling mine at any price.

HominyRhodes and DeeThomaz like this.
  4. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

If I use the link in my email it shows it still in Houston.

If I use the DHL Ecommerce link below it shows it in Forrest Park, GA. So I think it's getting closer to me.

DHL eCommerce Tracking

HominyRhodes and joannenugent like this.
  5. lschwart

lschwart Senior Member

I finally found the DHL site that would actually take my tracking number, and it looks like my set was handed over to the USPS in Raleigh, NC yesterday morning. So I suppose there's a slim chance it will arrive here in Richmond, VA today. it's more likely, since the Post Office will be closed tomorrow, that I won't get it until Monday at the earliest. Sigh.

At least I know it's actually on the way.

L.

HominyRhodes likes this.
  6. Champagne Boot

Champagne Boot Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride

Mine just updated to "En Route." Whatever that means.

7. Tom Schreck

Tom Schreck Forum Resident

Now they're making us learn French!?

8. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Post office should be closed today, observing Veteran's Day.

9. Tom Schreck

I looked it up, and USPS is open today but closed tomorrow.

HominyRhodes and bluesbro like this.
  10. lschwart

lschwart Senior Member

Yup.

L.

bluesbro likes this.
  11. joannenugent

joannenugent Forum Resident

This pop up notice showed up when I tried to visit the DHL eCommerce page on my phone:

"Greetings: at DHL eCommerce; we understand the delivery of your package is very important. If you have questions about the status of your package; kindly contact the merchant from whom you purchased your items to discuss the matter. In addition; please review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on the Help page to check whether your questions can be answered. Best regards, DHL eCommerce Customer Service."

Hahaha they must be used to customers contacting them about packages that sit somewhere forever!

Although it sounds like poeple are starting to get this set finally - good news for all!!!

12. Krivers

Krivers Forum Resident

Needless to say at this point, I will never order from BobDylan.com ever again. I don't care who else they contract with for delivery or orders in the future. Disgraceful. Still no delivery. Ordered 9/20 and my package has apparently been in Forest Park, GA for two days.

HominyRhodes likes this.
  13. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

I'm glad folks are getting their sets (some folks, at least). But what a sleazy response from DHL. By definition, they know more about the whereabouts of the package than "the merchant from whom you purchased your items."

14. John Rhett Thomas

John Rhett Thomas Forum Resident

What an odd directive. "Discuss the matter" with the "merchant from whom you purchased your items." How's that conversation gonna go? Any sane "merchant" is going to go, "What a bunch of a-holes to send you back to me. I'm never using DHL again!"

You'd think DHL would take the opportunity to embroil you in a snow job of their own design.

Anyway, my package is still "en route". I finally got a response from Sandbag about my idea to have them two-day a new box set to me and I'll return the one "in the mail" when/if it arrives. They elided my question entirely, noting only "hey, there's been some activity on your tracking number. Pretty cool, huh?" (My paraphrase.)

At any rate, I'm only at this address for the rest of the day. If it doesn't come today, then I'll be in another state when it does come for a few weeks. That sets up an entirely new gauntlet of problems/disappointments on my end. Ugh.

DeeThomaz and HominyRhodes like this.
  15. Brian Doherty

Brian Doherty Forum Resident

Glad Bd.com recogizes that the most serious dedicated fan willing to pay a fifty dollar premium months in advance to pay for bonus content (that everyone knows anyone could eventually get thru some other means not necessarily involving giving Sony/Bob any money) is also the kind of fan who will totally not care that they are getting it a couple of weeks after release date.; they are just that kind of mellow customer.

mrjinks and HominyRhodes like this.
  16. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

I really should stop following this thread. It's not that anyone is saying anything objectionable. Quite the contrary. Strikes me that people are being exceptionally level-headed, given the situation. But it's not good for my blood pressure. I'm getting so pissed off vicariously.

17. Radardog

Radardog Forum Resident

So I just went to bd.com to see if it's still up w/ SD. It is. But thought it was ironic that their initial links to purchase are to Amazon!

18. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

One thing, Vladimir Putin's buddies who run the Russian website that uploads tons of material had both the boxset and the San Diego set posted in lossless audio the day after release.

19. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

It is good for your health to move those fluids, as long as you are drinking enough water.

20. IbMePdErRoIoAmL

IbMePdErRoIoAmL lazy drunken hillbilly with a heart full of hate

And accepting illegal Russian assistance in 2017 America would make us patriots, right? ;)
    (Oops! "Did I SAY that? Or just think it?")

21. Tom Schreck

Mail came. No box. I suppose maybe Monday then. I should HOPE there's a way to get it from Memphis to Nashville in three days.

HominyRhodes likes this.
  22. HominyRhodes

HominyRhodes Forum Resident Thread Starter

I think we're being much too harsh with these Masters of Shipping -- they're merely exploiting the efficiencies inherent in the distribution chain while taking advantage of established existing transportation networks to provide expert 'Last Mile' service to their 'Valued Customers' while browsing golf and yachting magazines in their oak paneled billiard rooms after a massage and a visit to the sauna where they communicated with their lobbyist in Washington who is pushing for that 20% corporate tax rate which will only mean lower prices for consumer goods and services while increasing the bottom line for shareholders and leading to that Utopian future that everyone knows is just around the corner...

On the other hand, I'd like to see some of them walking their Last Mile.

I hope you enjoy your weekend, Mr. Greg "Best Possible Customer Experience" Hewitt!

[​IMG]

EMAIL: [email protected]

Percy Song and IbMePdErRoIoAmL like this.
  23. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

IRONY ALERT! MAXIMUM SARCASM LAUNCHED! TAKE COVER! HIDE BEHIND THE NEAREST EXCUSE!

Percy Song and HominyRhodes like this.
  24. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

I bought it from Amazon yesterday because I just ASSUMED that since I wasn't pre-ordering from Bob's site, I wouldn't get San Diego. :doh: Oh, the pain of First World living. I can hardly breathe and will never be happy again. I need a soy latte...

25. Wugged

Wugged Forum Resident

Better stick a Zubrowka Vodka in that latte - SD is brilliant......... and essential........... ;)

Lesbeat likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.