Bob Dylan: Bootleg Series Vol 13 Trouble No More -- Pricing & Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by HominyRhodes, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Rounds out the set very nicely. Probably should have been included standard.

Wugged likes this.
  2. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

Oh, rub it in, why don't you? Steve Hoffman's Misery Forums. :D

I haven't felt this bad since I discovered a skip on one of the CDs of the three iterations of the Allman's Live At Fillmore East I've bought.

3. Wugged

Wugged Forum Resident

Chill my friend. (I did include a winky emoji). I feel the pain of all those on the forums with all these crappy situations, honest :).

This whole mess is a disgrace.

4. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

I wasn't being serious. The reason I bought it from Amazon was I had a huge credit there that covered it. But probably would have bought it from BD if I knew the bonus wasn't limited to preorder. But is that even confirmed? When I put it in my cart and clicked along, I saw no indication I was also getting the bonus, so I bailed.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    Wugged likes this.
  5. Lesbeat

Lesbeat Forum Resident

My order has been TENDERED TO DELIVERY SERVICE PROVIDER since 4:34 11/08/17. I asked them if I could come pick it up since it’s less than hour away. The rep told me USPS had already picked it up and that it was scheduled for delivery on 11/15/17. Of course, USPS has yet to show this.

As far as DHL - I ordered the 4 dvd cd box from amazon de on 11/06/17 - I paid €18,44 + € 24.64 = $51.95 - and it arrived DHL today. So, I order something from Germany and it gets here in 4 days. I order something in the USA weeks earlier, with a delivery date of 11/03/17, and I’m still waiting.

I wonder if this says something about Americans, and the American worker?

6. IbMePdErRoIoAmL

IbMePdErRoIoAmL lazy drunken hillbilly with a heart full of hate

I think it says more about the fact that 16 years ago a German company purchased an already irreputable US company & appears to, not surprisingly, prioritize their business at home.

7. streetlegal

streetlegal Forum Resident

The last I heard of my order was three days ago. It was apparently on the move from somewhere in Houston to somewhere else in Houston. Then it died.

Perhaps, after three days, it might rise again.

8. htom

htom Senior Member

As of 11:28AM this morning my shipment now appears to be in the hands of Border Services, as per Canada Post. USPS suggests it has already passed Customs Clearance. In any case it is now in Canada and USPS is no longer in possession of it.

Next week, I guess.

LoveandTheft and HominyRhodes like this.
  9. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Here's a current shot of Houston's DHL warehouse:
    [​IMG]

10. rod

rod Senior Member

Mine is now at the local post office until Monday afternoon.
    November 10, 2017, 2:59 pm Arrived at Post Office

11. IbMePdErRoIoAmL

IbMePdErRoIoAmL lazy drunken hillbilly with a heart full of hate

Hallelujah! A true miracle of scripture! It has arrived.
    Does this mean I graduate to the other Bootleg Series 13 thread?

Good luck folks.

12. Nick Fuller

Nick Fuller Forum Resident

Have people had issues ordering this from the UK?

13. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

It does! But go and have a sit down in a quiet room for an hour first and take medical advice. The excitement may be dangerous to your health. I myself managed this yesterday but I am taking it in easy stages. Initially only listen to one track at a time until your body becomes accustomed to the unexpected joy of new Dylan!

IbMePdErRoIoAmL likes this.
  14. lschwart

lschwart Senior Member

Just got word that the package is a no-show today. Hoping for Monday! No response, by the way, from Sandback customer service.

L.

15. JMGuerr

JMGuerr Forum Resident

Being in Canada, I was only given one option....DHL Global Mail @ $15.52.
    Would have been nice to have received the set on the official release date (Nov. 3), but I never expected that. I figured 1-2 weeks. I have orders on Amazon, eBay and Discogs placed before Nov. 3 that I am still awaiting delivery on.

DHL: (my experience).....I have had only one package delivered to me by DHL.
    I ordered the 5 CD box set Bob Dylan Revisited: All Time Best from Amazon Japan. They selected the shipping method, not me. On Sept. 26 the package was in Japan. On Sept. 27 (next day) the package was in my hands. Quickest delivery I have ever had. This was DHL Express, by the way, not DHL Global Mail/eCommerce.

HominyRhodes likes this.
  16. Brian Doherty

Brian Doherty Forum Resident

Given that products do not magically first become a physical reality on the "official day of release" and appear in stores and warehouses but are in fact in logistical motion for many weeks ahead of then, I actually totally DID expect something bought "from the artist" (who, you know, might be expected to have an inside track) might be arranged to be in motion toward the high-priced buyers so it got to them on opening day even as it got to retail outlets then. I was naive, obviously, but it would by no means have been impossible and would have been 100 percent appropriate. (And now, a full week after it was "shipped" via what I paid for as us priority mail, the USPS still does not have possession of it, nor any new info on its motion since Nov 7, four days after alleged "shipping" when it "left a partner facility in Houston.")

17. paidinblood

paidinblood Forum Resident

You have precisely and succinctly described why the angst here is not unreasonable of whiny behavior.
    Maybe all the Slow Trains in the track list should have been a warning!

revolution_vanderbilt likes this.
  18. jpmosu

jpmosu a.k.a. Mr. Jones

I predict that we will both be listening by Monday.

That's my hope, anyway!

lschwart likes this.
  19. John Rhett Thomas

John Rhett Thomas Forum Resident

You're right, but I would have been fine with a delivery on Friday with tracking number that actually functioned and by the delivery service I actually paid for.

You know what the current joke is on my tracking? Every time I check in it still says "En Route" but with a current time stamp. Still no idea where the hell it is.

HominyRhodes likes this.
  20. You know, I wouldn’t have even had time in the last week to listen to this thing, had it arrived, but it’s a matter of principle, how they treat their customers. I had problems with the big BS 12, glue and scratched discs, and was not eager to order directly again. I ordered BS 13 directly, against better judgement, and I’m sure it will arrive eventually, but that’s not the point. It’s just a poor way to treat some of the most loyal customers. Never again.

mrjinks and HominyRhodes like this.
  21. HominyRhodes

HominyRhodes Forum Resident Thread Starter

That says it all.

22. streetlegal

streetlegal Forum Resident

23. Radardog

Radardog Forum Resident

One week later and I don't even have a tracking number

24. HominyRhodes

At DHL headquarters earlier this evening...
    [​IMG]

25. HominyRhodes

sales pitch: n. Remarks or demonstrations intended to persuade a consumer to make a purchase, especially when vigorously delivered or exaggerated.

EXCLUSIVE BONUS 2-CD SET OF THE FULL LIVE SHOW FROM SAN DIEGO, 1979 WHEN YOU PRE-ORDER THE DELUXE 9 DISC BOX SET FROM BOBDYLAN.COM

LIMITED QUANTITIES WHILE STOCKS LAST...

----------------------------------------------------------
    prevarication: n. Evasion of the truth; deceit, evasiveness.
    duplicity n. Deliberate deceptiveness in behavior or speech.
    double-dealing n. Duplicity or deceit; treachery.
    fraudulent adj. Engaging in fraud; deceitful. / Characterized by, constituting, or gained by fraud: fraudulent business practices.

Pre-order date: 20 September 2017
    Shipping option chosen: PRIORITY MAIL (USPS)
    Actual shipping method: DHL SM Parcel Plus Ground ---> USPS "final mile"
    Release date: 3rd November 2017
    Actual shipping date: 6th November 2017
    Current status: DHL shipment "EN ROUTE" (10 November 2017)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

PRIORITY MAIL

1-3 Business Days
    Get more for your money with fast domestic service, including flat rate shipping, in 1, 2, or 3 business days based on where your package starts and where it’s being sent. Beginning at $6.65 at Post Office™ locations and online.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Any lawyers in the house?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.