Bob Dylan: Bootleg Series Vol 13 Trouble No More -- Pricing & Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by HominyRhodes, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

I've had similar experiences and avoid any seller who uses DHL. I've never had a problem with anything sent to me directly via USPS/ Canada Post.

HominyRhodes likes this.
  2. FlexFantastic

FlexFantastic Mechano-Man of the Future!

Just a quick update: I received my box yesterday, all is great shape. I was part of the DHL/Houstin limbo for the week- so hopefully that means folks still waiting for their boxes from that general shipment will be getting them shortly. I can attest: they do exist.

streetlegal and HominyRhodes like this.
  3. HominyRhodes

HominyRhodes Forum Resident Thread Starter

Here's mine:

[​IMG]

4. Tom Schreck

Tom Schreck Forum Resident

Unacceptable

mrjinks and HominyRhodes like this.
  5. streetlegal

streetlegal Forum Resident

Here's mine:

No Results
    We wish to inform you that a number of packages may experience delayed or missing tracking information. Continue to check this tracking page for the latest update. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience this may cause.

And that's it. All the information I have after 8 days from release.

HominyRhodes likes this.
  6. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

What is interesting about the whole sorry Trouble No More saga (surely the most inaptly titled set ever when considering the slight troubles many have had) is that all countries seem to have suffered similarly. Or to be more accurate have suffered in many different ways! I really do feel sorry for anyone who has ordered this via the Bob Dylan website. Has anyone had a direct response from them? This seems to be a case of 'too many cooks' but presumably someone has tried contacting bobdylan.com as this is where all of the orders went. It would be interesting to know exactly this delivery system was supposed to work. Surely someone, somewhere, must be trying at source to find out how such a catastrophic mess could have taken place over such a prestige release. Someone, somewhere (if not Bob himself) must be absolutely incandescent about the loss of reputation they have incurred at the hands of Sandbag/DHL/UK Mail/fill in any other delivery agent involved worldwide.

Particularly as the music itself (in spite of many people's initial doubts about this set) has been such a joy. I'm listening to disc 3 as I write this and can only repeat what I have mentioned previously - the performances are superb and a revelation. I was thinking that this set may get a shorter than usual time on rotation but this will definitely be getting a lot of attention. There is a lot to unpick and it will need some listening in conjunction with the sleeve notes and Clinton Heylin's book in order to fully appreciate.

7. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

This will never change in my experience and I would ask for a correct tracking code now. Don't sit there expecting it to update as I don't think it will and I don't think that you will get any useful information without complaining now. And don't forget that the longer they have your package the more potential they have to damage it like they did with mine.

8. HominyRhodes

BS V.13 is certainly like the Apollo 13 mission for some of us, isn't it? Not sure where it is, or if it will ever land safely.​

This is bizarre and almost surreal.

Electric Sydney likes this.
  9. Electric Sydney

Electric Sydney Forum Resident

When you started this thread Hominy, it must have seemed like a nice, fun way for people to discuss this release and to stay apprised of pricing and shipping updates, it all ended up being a visit to Hades.
    If mine ever shows up, I figure it’ll take a little bit to believe it.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    HominyRhodes likes this.
  10. HominyRhodes

Hades it is. And remind me to never start a shipping & pricing thread again.

11. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Please feel free to start another thread. As long as it's for Maroon 5 or Kiss or Barry Manilow. Or someone I'd never order a product from.

:D

HominyRhodes and dylan1974 like this.
  12. JMGuerr

JMGuerr Forum Resident

According to this:
    I paid 950 Yen (around $8.00) for shipping.
    Box set from Japan to Mississauga, Canada overnight (next day delivery).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    On the other hand I paid Sandbag $15.52 for shipping.
    Box set from USA to Mississauga, Canada two week delivery.

HominyRhodes and Mr. H like this.
  13. gottafeelin

gottafeelin Forum Resident

For those of you thinking that DHL is slowing in keeping its promises, remember that to DHL, a day is like 1000 years.

redsock, bluesbro and Mazzy like this.
  14. Electric Sydney

Electric Sydney Forum Resident

Who could have predicted this?

PJayBe likes this.
  15. jpmosu

jpmosu a.k.a. Mr. Jones

I'm just happy for all the shipping thread "graduates": those who've moved on to discussions about the actual music.

I hope to join them one day [sniff]... :)

16. ccbarr

ccbarr Forum Resident

It sucks reading about all you that have had issues, I feel for ya. I ordered my set through Amazon and got it release day, but it is sad that the issue with your sets not coming is with the shipping, not the saving up the money to get the set. For the price of the set shipping shouldn't have to be a concern. First World problems I know, but a person looks forward to a release like this.

17. redsock

redsock Writer, reader, grouch.

I submitted a ticket/reply/whatever to Sony on Wednesday, I think. No reply whatsoever so far. (Even Sandbag - who I sent similar complaints to at the same time - has replied twice in that time period.)

My wife says that I will get nowhere trying to get the $40 duties and taxes charge back from DHL. (Still going to try, though.) What I do not understand is why was there an extra charge for this particular package in the first place? Two weeks ago, I received my Savage Young Du set (also CDs and also sent from the US) and there was nothing. It simply was delivered. Is it just a random procedure? :confused:

Also, shouldn't Sony tell people that there may (or it is even likely) that there will be additional fees at the border for your order? I guess that might discourage people from ordering directly from them, so they probably wouldn't want to do that.

(Also nice to see another Mississauga person here - :agree: - who does not seem to be mentioning any duties or taxes.)

HominyRhodes likes this.
  18. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

The problem with some of these issues seems to be how these sets are sold and where they originate. I purchased the 28 disc Cutting Edge set via the US website and there was a large payment (import tax etc.) that had to be paid on receipt of the package which seems to be similar to your experience. As the sets seem to now originate in the UK you appear to be getting the reverse of this. The difference seems to be that I was aware that this would happen in advance. I'm not exactly sure how this was notified now but the whole system this time seems to have been poorly implemented. It should not be the purchaser who has to find out all of the various shipping issues and failings it should be made transparent from the outset.

HominyRhodes likes this.
  19. redsock

redsock Writer, reader, grouch.

For what it's worth, the mailing label on the box has a DHL return address of Mississauga, ON - the same city I live in.
    Beyond the sticker telling me about the duties and taxes, there is nothing on the label to indicate it came from out of the country (or even out of the province).

20. John Rhett Thomas

John Rhett Thomas Forum Resident

My two latest updates:

11/10, 8:16am: Orlando, FL, Tendered to Delivery Service Provider
    11/11, 7:20am: Orlando, FL, Tendered to Delivery Service Provider

Awww...identical twins. So cute! But seriously, I've been about 1.5 hours from Orlando for the last 36 hours. That's how close it has been...but so close is so far and it's a slooooooow train coming. Unfortunately I'm now in GA. Still not precisely sure how I'm going to handle this. My initial contributions to this thread were mock anger, but these last few days it's all been real.

You know, DHL didn't take my money on Day One under the assumption that I'd be getting my order delievered Priority Mail from the USPS. We also don't know that DHL isn't providing exactly the level of service that Sandbag intentionally or incompetently set us up for. That may be true but I'm not going to take their word for it.

HominyRhodes likes this.
  21. HominyRhodes

:laughup:

How about Mumford & Sons? :hide:

22. HominyRhodes

Yes, it's bittersweet, seeing so many of our fellow sufferers matriculate, and move on to The Big Thread...the sunny optimism of their youth stolen, replaced by disillusionment and ennui...

23. DmitriKaramazov

DmitriKaramazov Senior Member

Rage, rage against the dying of the light!

Anyway, verily, this sucketh!

HominyRhodes likes this.
  24. JMGuerr

JMGuerr Forum Resident

Mine (ordered Sept. 20) is now with Canada Post...."Expected delivery
    3-7 business days"

I'm hoping I get it sometime next week

[​IMG]

LoveandTheft and HominyRhodes like this.
  25. HominyRhodes

Nothing beats a 'sincere apology' in the form of an automated email response, with a command to continue checking for updates. Remember -- it's up to YOU to sort this whole mess out.

streetlegal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.