Bob Dylan: Bootleg Series Vol 13 Trouble No More -- Pricing & Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by HominyRhodes, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

This really is a bunch of shiit... I always receive a Priority item on the third day.
    I'm NOT feeling lenient or happy go lucky about this.... Monday is a holiday NO mail.
    Bloody outrageous as you say in the U.K. $20.00 shipping Priority is high as all, and now
    I will not see this set I bought months ago till sometime on Tuesday.... making it five days
    at the least..... Not a happy Kcamper

2. HominyRhodes

HominyRhodes Forum Resident Thread Starter

Bruce, the postal holiday for Veteran's Day was yesterday, Saturday; there WILL be mail service tomorrow, Monday. Whether that means any of us will receive our "Priority Mail" shipments tomorrow, no one seems to know.

Maranatha5585 likes this.
  3. Champagne Boot

Champagne Boot Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride

FYI--USPS delivers on Sundays and holidays when it's being used as a courier for another company, which is why you can get an Amazon Prime package delivered USPS on Sundays. Heck, I see USPS vans all over the place on Sundays making package deliveries. As for this package, DHL delivered my box to USPS at dawn yesterday morning and I had it by 9AM. On Veteran's Day. So... The holiday isn't at fault for you not getting your package.

And another FYI--no mail for the holiday was yesterday, not Monday.

4. vegard martinsen

vegard martinsen Forum Resident

It´s Monday morning in Oslo, Norway. My shipment is still "En Route" - according to the DHL tracking website, but it may be in Germany now:
    "IPZ-Ffm, DE. PROCESSED AT TRANSIT FACILITY".

Hope it arrives before Christmas.

5. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

Thanks HominyR ... afraid I was really stewing on this thing.
    Went a bit wild.

Did you see Bob in Chicago awhile back ?
    Just saw Crimson in Atlanta two nights, getting so I can't do much anymore ... so happy about that.

6. mickdoby

mickdoby Forum Resident

correct, it is in Germany :(
    internationales Postzentrum FFM Frankfurt/Main
    at Frankfurt airport, you can google it. good luck!

vegard martinsen likes this.
  7. mickdoby

mickdoby Forum Resident

hopefully no reason for concern though, when I think about it -
    likely it is just the first stop in Europe and the box will head to Oslo next

vegard martinsen likes this.
  8. Wugged

Wugged Forum Resident

Heck, you know, you are probably darned right, there :D

However, I can voice my opinion, which I have done. People are then welcome to decide whether I have any valid points or if I am talking out of my arm-hole ;) ............ (I'm ready :hide:).

Overall, I feel we have two things to consider. Firstly, who is responsible for this cock-up and, secondly, what should be the recompense.

Regarding the first, it could be difficult to pin all the blame on Sandbag. In their terms of contract, I believe they stated that they couldn't guarantee a delivery date because of any possible problems occuring out of their control. Does this protect them in this case - I don't know. Also, who on earth changed the mode of shipping is difficult to ascertain - all we know is that 'along the line' it changed for many people's sets. Certainly, DHL are no angels here and their service to customers beggars belief - I personally would put most of the blame on them .......... without their incompetance delays would have been much shorter.

Now to the second point, compensation. I don't know if this would be covered by British law (Sandbag being British) or US law. However, if a court deems either Sandbag or DHL guilty of anything, then assuming the goods have been delivered physically undamaged, then the damage done to the customer would be the late delivery. I cannot see a court agreeing to a full refund of the cost of the whole set based on a 2 week (for example) delay in delivering music CDs - unless the judge is a Dylan-Head :D A full refund of delivery charges, well yes of course !

But again, this is just my opinion ............................... :)

9. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

Solution home Bob Dylan FAQ Questions about orders not yet received
    When will I receive a physical product item I pre-ordered?
    Modified on: Fri, 8 Sep, 2017 at 2:55 PM

Our aim is that pre-order items will be shipped to reach you on the official release date.

Please note that release dates are liable to change at any time due to unforeseen circumstances (most often delays in the product being delivered to our warehouse due to third party manufacturing or shipping delays) - we will post any new release dates onto our site as soon as they are available.

Please remember that we are dependent on the distributors, record labels and couriers to deliver the releases to us on time and pre-order release dates are often subject to change due to factors out of our control.

In rare circumstances, due to factors out of our control, releases that are placed on pre-order are cancelled by the record label. In this instance we will inform you that the release is no longer going to be released and refund your order.

Solution home Bob Dylan FAQ Questions about orders not yet received
    How long will it take me to receive my order once you've shipped it?
    Modified on: Fri, 8 Sep, 2017 at 2:56 PM

Our estimated delivery times are shown below. These times below can be affected by circumstances out of our control such as bad weather, delays at customs, busy times of year etc.

UK (incl. Northern Ireland): 1 - 4 working days
    Western Europe: 3 - 7 working days
    Eastern Europe: 5 - 15 working days
    Rest of World*: 5 - 20 working days

In theory, despite the conflict evident in the two answers, according to the Sandbag FAQs above no one should be complaining. But the aim for pre-ordered items is notable (words in bold are Sandbags, not mine) and is only tempered by the stated possibility that delays may occur upstream between originator and Sandbag rather than downstream between Sandbag and customer.

The question really is whether customers were misled regarding the shipping method or whether the shipping method used was of a lower grade than advertised. In either case (and in the latter, whoever was responsible for downgrading the shipping method if it did happen), Sandbag is accountable.

Silly question perhaps, but has anyone questioned Sandbag customer service regarding their chosen shipping method and what, for example, "Priority Mail", or which ever words or services described by Sandbag, actually means to Sandbag? In UK there were no choices; it was just called "shipping". The price charged for shipping here indicated that it would be a swift courier service but there was no guarantee of that.

Electric Sydney likes this.
  10. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Here' s the latest from the sandbaggers, received this morning:

Your ticket - Didnt receive order - has been closed.

We hope that the ticket was resolved to your satisfaction. If you feel that the ticket should not be closed or if the ticket has not been resolved, please reply to this email.

Sincerely,
    sandbagltd Support Team

11. icirider

icirider Forum Resident

Mine's supposed to show up today by 8:00. Hope everybody else gets their orders too.

12. Radardog

Radardog Forum Resident

Sandbag just confirmed in a response that they are out and waiting for replenishment. I did order release day.

Cancelling and going to Amazon...

13. Dflow

Dflow Listening in the time of Dylan

In our case the release date never changed - November 3rd.

14. John Rhett Thomas

John Rhett Thomas Forum Resident

My tracking update hasn't changed in the 33 hours since the last one, when my delivery magically appeared in Jacksonville only 45 minutes after being scanned at its destination 3 hours away...which defies all known laws of physics.

I'm also getting the silent treatment from Sandbag.

15. HominyRhodes

Sony Global Headquarters, 25 Madison Ave, New York, NY, 10010

"Express yourself! Our dedicated crew works to give you the best music label and artist sites. If you like what we’re doing, or you think we could be doing something better, please let us know. We appreciate all feedback, although due to the high volume we aren’t able to respond to all of it."

EMAIL
    Sony Music

redsock and Electric Sydney like this.
  16. Wugged

Wugged Forum Resident

Nice 'get out clause' at the end !

17. csqmnem89

csqmnem89 Forum Resident

my DHL status shows it was out of Houston, tx and in Secaucas NJ en route to service provider 730am on Friday 11/10, still haven't received it but at least it looks like it made the state of NJ

18. racingman11

racingman11 Forum Resident

I feel for all of you. Truly.

19. dbacon

dbacon Senior Member

I’m in the exact same situation. I live in New Jersey. DHL tracking reports my box arrived in secsucus on Friday...then no additional info. USPS tracking does not show receipt of the package.
    Sigh

csqmnem89, Mazzy and HominyRhodes like this.
  20. lschwart

lschwart Senior Member

Morning mail came up empty.....

There will be an afternoon delivery to the university post office, however, so I can still hope.....

L.

21. Tom Favata

Tom Favata tbuick6

Me makes three. Same status. Been in Secaucus since Friday morning with USPS still awaiting delivery. This is getting old.

22. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

Exactly. Therefore the aim remains valid if you pre-ordered.

Dflow likes this.
  23. HominyRhodes

You know what really galls me to no end, John? You and I, and so many other people on this thread, have spent a lot of our time here at the SHF extolling the virtues of Dylan's music and recordings, including this latest Bootleg Series release. We've served that cause well, IMO.

How have Sony/Jeff Rosen, et al, repaid us for our roles as uncompensated touts and shills? By outsourcing the delivery of the latest Dylan release to a consortium of bumbling incompetents. And so far, all those parties appear to be completely unconcerned about the shameful, duplicitous treatment so many of us have been subjected to.

I'll say it again -- I think that anyone, anywhere, who pre-ordered Trouble No More from bobdylan.com, and didn't get it by sundown last Friday, SEVEN DAYS after it was released, no matter which 'shipping method' they chose, should get a full refund, AND get to keep the box set. Comped. I'm not kidding.

Here's the latest -- I should have had this package last Wednesday, at the very latest -- and it only popped up again on tracking an hour ago. This is DISGRACEFUL.

[​IMG]

Lesbeat, Electric Sydney and dbacon like this.
  24. Jack

Jack Senior Member

At least yours has made it out of Houston!

25. joannenugent

joannenugent Forum Resident

So your PayPal claim was closed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.