Vice Principals (Danny McBride) on HBO

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by vertigone, Aug 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

It really does feel like it has to be Ms. Abbott. The problem with it being a character like Ray, is that he's had so little screen time so if he's not revealed to be the shooter until the final episode, there isn't time to do much with that. With Ms. Abbott, they've done a great job with the character, increased her presence this season, and justified (in the storytelling sense) her being the shooter.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  2. George P

George P Notable Member

Maybe it's Melinda? She certainly lost the most at the hands of Gamby (prior to the shooting.)

3. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Maybe his daughter?

4. agentalbert

Gosh, I hope not. That would be kinda depressing. Too dark, and this is still a comedy.

5. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Just a wild guess, I have no clue who it could be. They did burn the other principle's house down though so nothing would surprise me.

6. vudicus

vudicus Forum Resident

It was Stevie Janowski.

Oh wait...

Bender Rodriguez and JackBnimble like this.
  7. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident Thread Starter

It's been a great, funny, and twisted series and I can't wait to see how it ends tonight! Sad to see it go, though.

8. agentalbert

Good finale and I really enjoyed the whole series. How Lee managed to survive that headshot, I don't know. Ms. Abbott has proven to be a not very lethal shooter. I liked seeing Steve Janowski at the end. It was like seeing Kenny and Steve (from Eastbound & Down) back together again.

George P and JackBnimble like this.
  9. AKA

AKA Senior Member

Wow. Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow.

George P and JackBnimble like this.
  10. agentalbert

So at the end the school mascot changed to the Shamrocks from the Tigers. But wasn't it something else prior to that? Didn't Lee change it to the Tigers from its original mascot?

11. JackBnimble

JackBnimble Forum Resident

Thought tiger was always the mascot. Anyway great finale especially cameo by Steve Little for us Eastbound fans. This could have run a couple more seasons but kind of like that they left us wanting more.

12. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

They started as The Warriors, and then Lee changed it to The Tigers when Gamby was out of action. I guess they changed it to The Shamrocks after the tiger ate numerous people.

Pete Puma likes this.
  13. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

let danny mcbride make more shows like this!

Bender Rodriguez and George P like this.
  14. vertigone

So am I...

AVC: So what’s next? What do you have going on for the next little while?

DM: Well, I’m directing the new Star Wars [Laughs.] No, we’re trying to bring the new Halloween to the screen, and I’m working on a new show for HBO that’s kind of in the same style as this. Same creative team, with Jody and David, and just continue whatever the hell you call these kinds of series that we do.
    https://www.avclub.com/danny-mcbride-talks-the-end-of-vice-principals-the-bri-1820381752

agentalbert and George P like this.
  15. George P

George P Notable Member

:goodie:

16. AKA

AKA Senior Member

I hope Walton Goggins does more comedies every now and then. He’s a natural, and he looked like he had a blast making this show.

Bender Rodriguez and George P like this.
  17. Great finale! I'm already missing the show.

AKA likes this.
  18. AKA

AKA Senior Member

I’ve never seen Eastbound and Down, so maybe I’ll check it out tonight to help fill my Gamby void.

19. Plinko

Plinko Senior Member

Did he die? Looked like there was a hint when Gamby looked up and nobody was there.

20. George P

George P Notable Member

I don't think so. We saw him in that whole scene in the store, apart from Gamby.

21. vertigone

Whoa, you're in for a treat. His character Kenny Powers is different than Gamby, but not completely different. Funny as hell. I'll probably re-watch Eastbound at some point.

22. Plinko

Plinko Senior Member

Don’t you think it was strange Gamby looked up and nobody was at that table?

23. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i think it was intended to be melodramatic and cliche, therefore funny.

24. Plinko

Plinko Senior Member

I think you guys are right. Makes sense. Lee ended up in the perfect place for him...lol.

25. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

This is the end my friends...
    So many great subtle moments, I don't know where to start. The cops carrying Abbott's train as they put her in the car. The awkward way Gamby clambers up on the stage. Gamby yelling "Marco" to Lee. So great to see Stevie from Eastbound. Another epic fight, this time with chicks! And the quotes:
    "Yeah, real cute, trying to 69 my daughter’s brains out".
    "F- this $25,000 tiger!"
    "I only say that to super hot babes and my family".
    "You should write Nicholas Sparks books!"
    Other random notes:
    Georgia King (Snodgrass) hides her accent amazingly well.
    I'm happiest for Nash becoming principal. She was a true believer.
    Edi Patterson is the hottest crazy person ever.
    This is the way you do a finale. So satisfying, so well written and acted, surprising and horrifying, and yet touching as well. I never expected to like this series as much as I have, and I am really going to miss it. Only 18 episodes, it will almost certainly be forgotten in the face of so many classic HBO shows, but I'm glad I stumbled upon it, and I look forward to the next Danny McBride vehicle whatever it may be.

kouzie, Silver Surfer and George P like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.