Something New from Led Zeppelin Being Mastered Now

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tmtomh, Oct 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinyldreams

vinyldreams Forum Resident

HTWWW could have been so much better, especially Disc 3..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

I see what you did, there :)

Sean, SammyJoe and tmtomh like this.
  3. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

He posted a painful reminder of what isn't and what should have been-

4. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

I've had some time off from this thread but, has there been further evidence or mentions anywhere (after that facebook-pic was taken off) about this project being prepared and mastered?

5. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

He posted it, but I will take the blame for "soiling" the original artwork and audio.

6. FrixFrixFrix

FrixFrixFrix Senior Member

If by minority, you mean literally the only person who has ever held that opinion.

7. lucan_g

lucan_g Forum Resident

This thread got me really excited there for a moment when I looked at the doctored HTWWW. LOL

8. jdlaw

jdlaw Forum Resident

I know you were not a fan of the Doors 'London Fog' release due to the reasons discussed in those threads (low value for money, missing 2nd set, etc,). With that said, say 10 years ago, who would have thought that a 1966 live recording of the Doors even existed (let alone would be officially released)? Who knows what the future may bring?

However, I have to admit if a 1968 show existed in their vault in decent quality, why not use it instead of Paris '69 for the deluxe Zep 1 release? The most hopeful reason I can think of is that their saving it for a later date.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    revolution_vanderbilt likes this.
  9. No

dee and SammyJoe like this.
  10. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

Has there been anything else (other than the original Tweet that started all of this) actually confirming (or mentioning) that new live Zeppelin material is being worked on?

Lost In The Flood and tmtomh like this.
  11. The Hermit

The Hermit Wavin' that magick glowstick since 1976

Where were you in '02 when Jimmy and Kevin 'Brickwall' Shirley were putting that thing together ;)...?

12. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

No. Nothing since then.

RK2249 likes this.
  13. OhNotHimAgain

OhNotHimAgain Forum Resident

Not the biggest LZ fan here, but I thought it would be cool to do a de-brickwalled expanded HTWWW, a sequel (using Japan shows, etc.) as How The Rest (or East) Was Won, and then a deluxe box combining both (and maybe an additional disc? Why not!) called How The World Was Won.

14. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

Is it possible it was a typo and we're all going to be really disappointed? I guess he would've corrected it if it was...hopefully.

15. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I doubt it was a typo but I'd say we're definitely still going to be disappointed :)

16. Oliver

Oliver Bourbon Infused

Could you please update/improve the cover artwork too...;)

17. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

My guess is it will be the previously unreleased 1968-1979 fan club Christmas messages.

18. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

lol

On a Zeppelin mailing list, back when this was released, a well known member posted a review which was several paragraphs of positive comments. But he unfortunately ended it with one negative, and fair, point regarding the artwork, essentially saying it was ok but it should've been better especially considering some of the bootleg artwork coming at the time. What ensued was an onslaught of angry members posting some not so nice comments about his opinion. I agreed with him then and now. I think it just plain sucks.

Small Fish, Roberto899, Sean and 6 others like this.
  19. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

HTWWW is a very good live album. Yes, some complain it is brickwalled, hate the edits, omissions -- but if one steps away from the over-analysis of the complaints and deficiencies, it is still a great representation of one of rock's truly elite bands. This is the band arguably in its prime and there is still a lot to marvel at even with the release's imperfections. Sometimes it is nice just to sit back and listen to what is there and not get consumed with what is not there or how it could be different.

20. vinyldreams

vinyldreams Forum Resident

Yeah, "Thank You" especially would have been nice to have on that release with the cool "Louie, Louie" organ intro. Heard at the time that it was actually John Paul Jones who didn't want that included.

tmtomh likes this.
  21. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective

Come on people let´s try to be optimistic.
    Nobody expected HTWWW at the time and I agree with PacificOceanBlue: discarding the omission and brickwalling issues, it is pure joy.
    Let´s wait and see before we start complaining. This is said by someone who definetively was dissapointed with the companion disc campaign.

22. Truth! After all the great Hipgnosis artwork, it’s underwhelming. I have to say that I’m digging the upcoming Yardbirds 68 cover though.

23. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective

I like the HTWWW artwork. What I cannot understand is the lack of a more comprehensive booklet with the tour/shows details, photos, recollections from fans, etc.

Roberto899, Sean, Vinyl_Blues and 5 others like this.
  24. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I'm not complaining. I'm making a joke; one that is likely to reflect reality soon enough :D

25. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Yeah liner notes were sparse and that was disappointing. I think if it were released now it would have a different package though and would include a bit more detail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.