Baskets - FX Original Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Feb 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ex_mixer

ex_mixer Senior Member

MikaelaArsenault and George P like this.
  2. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member Thread Starter

Interesting finale , looking
    fwd to S02 !

3. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Late to the party on this. I'm through seven episodes and enjoying it for the most part. Some really funny sequences. I really like the Easter Sunday brunch and the running gag with the crickets when the adopted twins game to visit. And Martha is a real gem.

4. agentalbert

Anyone else watching S2? I'm through the first three and still enjoying it quite a bit.

MikaelaArsenault and Scope J like this.
  5. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I've watched the first episodes and it's as good as ever. I recorded tonight's show and will watch it Saturday. Still love it.

6. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

Every time I watch this show I am completely amazed by Louie Anderson's performances... just incredible in his character... I love her, uh I mean him, uh...

7. badfinger54

badfinger54 Senior Member

A 'different' and very quirky type of comedy show and I am still hooked.

MikaelaArsenault and ex_mixer like this.
  8. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

I didn't care much for the gang plot, so very glad to see the show refocusing on the main characters. Louie Anderson may even be better than last year. Brilliant.

9. agentalbert

Yeah. He was outstanding in the latest one where she goes to the Reagan library with the father of one of Chip's train-hobo gang.

10. rburly

Louis is a natural in the show. S/he does a fantastic job with the Chip and Dale. He should get another Emmy.

MikaelaArsenault and ex_mixer like this.
  11. misterjones

misterjones Smarter than the average bear.

It's the kind of thing I should like, but I did not. Just one of those things (like Breaking Bad being the type of show I should not like, but I did).

12. clashcityrocker

clashcityrocker Forum Resident

Love the season so far. Started slow with Chip's exile but Louie Anderson as Christine Baskets has truly become a character for the ages. As the character deals with self-image issues, addiction, family regrets and now finding love , we witness on-screen how crappy life can be, the strength it requires to survive and our weaknesses facing the battles. To see Anderson portray this is an real privilege, the pathos is heartbreaking. The series stays with it's absurd universe of clowns, twin brother DJs and other bizarre characters but it remains rooted to a Cassavettes-like truthfulness. Just want to bump this up so people can be reminded about this great show. Only two eps to go, the finale is the 23rd, but good new it was renewed for the 3rd season.

13. rburly

I'm really enjoying this season too.

14. Silken

Silken Forum Resident

I just finished season 2. I love this show. It's not comedy, it's not drama. It's just like real life, where one tries to put some humor in tragic or miserable situations. Christine and Martha are great characters. And I could't stand Galifianakis but I like him here.

15. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

the last scene in the rodeo was killer. this show is an unexpected treat.

16. rburly

I'll watch anything with Galifianakis in it. It's not The Hangover, but he's great in this role.

I especially love Louis Anderson as Mama Baskets. He should get an award (almost) every year he's on the show.

17. rburly

I was going to post this in the "other" thread, but couldn't find it.

Yesterday, and just now, Baskets will return on January 23. They're playing promos for it on cable channels.

18. George P

George P Notable Member

:goodie:

MikaelaArsenault and rburly like this.
  19. CirculationUnderflow

CirculationUnderflow Well-Known Member

Wife loves the show. to me it looks like bad 3rd rate show with nothing redeeming. The episodes where the cats get loose and the do some gag about cats name Ronald Reagan and calling its name non stop when looking for it that just got annoying

just not much good to say about the show. louie anderson looks like louie anderson playing a woman but he looks like louie anderson so its not that big of a stretch.

the show doesnt know what it wants to be a comedy or dramaedy.

20. rburly

Do you like Zack G's comedy in general? Or Louis Anderson? It's a quirky comedy that isn't for everyone, that's for sure. But I personally think it's a good show. It's another good escape from the day-to-day world of reality. If you don't like it, that's fine, and you know it. But, I really enjoy the quirky humor.

MikaelaArsenault and George P like this.
  21. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member Thread Starter

Enjoyed S02, glad to see it's been renewed!

MikaelaArsenault and Silken like this.
  22. rburly

January 23 on FX. Can't wait. If it was just Zack G, I'd still watch. But Louis Anderson is a fantastic "mom" on the show. I'm so looking forward to it coming back.

23. Desolation Row

Desolation Row Forum Resident

Massive Baskets fan here. Tonight's episode was for me the first great episode of this new season.

24. Desolation Row

Desolation Row Forum Resident

Yes! Exactly. "Utter inanity and pathos," as you say. This show is profound. I think it's absolutely brilliant. If you stayed with this show it paid off in colorful ways. The characters defy expectations. Each character is exaggerated, and at times just absurd, but yet they always feel so believable to me. The settings portray a cross-section of America rarely represented in popular media. The stories are layered with comedy and poignancy.

Among my all-time favorite TV shows, Baskets is the most genuine.

MikaelaArsenault, ex_mixer and kouzie like this.
  25. Silken

Silken Forum Resident

I didn't know there was a season 3 already! You'v made my day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.