Avengers: Infinity War

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by 5th-beatle, Jul 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. 5th-beatle

3. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

4. 5th-beatle

How odd, I see all images just fine. Have you tried opening them on a separate tab, or perhaps viewing the threads using a different browser?
    Anyone else having that problem?

5. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Opening in a different tab does nothing. I tried with Internet Explorer and see the images. But they don't show in Firefox, which is what I normally use. I tried reloading the page with uBlock Origina (ad-blocker) disabled and that did nothing. Are you always linking to images from one site that maybe Firefox isn't liking?

6. 5th-beatle

Those images come from official Twitter accounts. I can see them on my cell phone and also when I use Firefox and Chrome on my PC.
    If you can see them on Internet Explorer, perhaps it has something to do with your version of Firefox?
    Have you tried opening the thread with Chrome?

7. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Gonna be awesome!!

5th-beatle and Wounded Land like this.
  8. 5th-beatle

Whizz Kid likes this.
  9. 5th-beatle

10. 5th-beatle

11. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

How much did they have to spend on salaries for all these actors, let alone everything else the movie would cost?

12. There's been talk of the combined budget for both parts of Avengers: Infinity War reaching the $1b mark, with $200m of this going to a certain Iron Man and the same amount again being split between the other main cast members!

13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Yep, both parts of Avengers: Infinity Wars reportedly will cost $500M each...

Avengers: Infinity War could be the most expensive film ever made

Is The Avengers 4 & Avengers: Infinity War Budget Really $1 Billion?

The actors' salaries are beyond imagining...

One of the big factors on these huge mega blockbuster films is the salaries of the big stars. The Avengers cast includes the world’s highest-paid actor, Robert Downey Jr., who received an estimated $20 million upfront for Age of Ultron, and $40 million for Captain America: Civil War, but there have been newspaper reports that Downey is making around $200 million for both of the upcoming Avengers films. Of course, that report was never substantiated, as most of these estimated production budgets are never confirmed by the studios until reporting losses, and even then studio accounting is notoriously dubious.

But the Avengers: Infinity War cast is supposed to contain a who’s who of Hollywood’s big stars, including Downey, Scarlett Johansson, Brie Larson, Benedict Cumberbatch, Chris Pratt, Chris Hemsworth, Benicio Del Toro, Elizabeth Olsen, Zoe Saldana, Vin Diesel, Chris Evans, Jeremy Renner, Samuel L Jackson, Tom Holland, Bradley Cooper, Paul Rudd, Josh Brolin, Paul Bettany, Peter Dinklage, Mark Ruffalo, Tom Hiddleston, and many many others. The casting cost alone must be massive. Most of the big stars on Age of Ultron were paid between $5-10 million each

14. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

There is no way he's getting a fifth of the budget. That would be insane and also create a lot of bad feeling amongst the rest of the cast. There may be some complicated contract where he gets a % of total profits including things like toys and other merchandise that could 'reach' 200m at a max maybe.

15. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Any word on what part HE'S playing?
    BOY, that's a lot of names....(they forgot my precious Evangeline Lilly)
    This will be the "It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" of 'comic-book' movies!!!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    Vidiot likes this.
  16. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

17. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Who'd have thought even ten years ago that Robert Downey Jr. would be the world's highest paid actor? That kinda blows my mind.

18. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

I hope Dinklage is replacing Ruffalo as The Hulk because that would be funny. :laugh:

Zoot Marimba, Juan Matus and vince like this.
  19. Wounded Land

Wounded Land Forum Resident

The trailer, surprisingly, didn't do much for me, but I'm still excited for this and will be there opening night.

20. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

This is going to be epic and i predict that this will make more than DC justice league in the box office.

21. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Looks great! Hope Spidey is OK (that's some punch) :(

22. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

That's not really a prediction, it's stating the obvious!

23. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

That budget is insane. I hope it tanks just because off it

Karnak likes this.
  24. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

I was being sarcastic. Of course infinity war is going to blow Justice League out of the water. Every DC movie that have been released thus far haven't been able to compete with MCU movies.

25. dprokopy

dprokopy Senior Member

All I hear is, "A lot of people enjoy something, so I hope it fails."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.