John Fogerty solo albums reissue campaign

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by WarEagleRK, Oct 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident Thread Starter

melstapler and BluesOvertookMe like this.
  2. MYQ1

MYQ1 Forum Resident

Blue Moon Swamp is a great album & a nice return to form.
    One of my Fogerty favorites.

3. carlo

carlo Forum Resident

Blue Moon Swamp will come out on vinyl. This is a dream come true! The CD I have sounds cold and terrible.
    I think the blue vinyl is a must have for sure!!!

4. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

bonus tracks?

melstapler and reb like this.
  5. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

melstapler likes this.
  6. Nice that John is reissuing his albums. I was afraid he never would since he had disparaging remarks about most of them.

Would be really nice if he collected all the singles not on albums and those singles on other people's albums and released those together.

7. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

[​IMG]
    Aside from some updated artwork, the upcoming BMG 20th anniversary reissue of "Blue Moon Swamp" is identical to the 2004 reissue which contained 2 bonus tracks, which I've still seen available in stores. This make me furious, because they could've included a second or third disc containing live recordings from that tour. There are so many excellent live radio broadcast recordings from that period in addition to the John Fogerty VH1 Storytellers performance which could've been added as CD or even a DVD for that matter.

8. ianuaditis

ianuaditis Matthew 21:17

While they're at it, I'd be down for a reissue of Tom Fogerty's first couple of albums, especially Excalibur.

9. I recently picked up Tom's Excalibur album. What a gem!

10. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

I just got Blue Moon Swamp on vinyl yesterday...

The cover - a lot more detail with added gators/birds in the swamp, and of course no picture of John on the cover, but the moon from the CD is there. Cover is dark, sure to give it a swamp feel, with his guitar on the back. Nice thick inner sleeve (no rice paper) with the lyrics and credits...

Vinyl - 180G and as far as the sound compared to the CD (comparing to first pressing promo copy) Southern Streamline sounds really good but then Hot Rod Heart comes on and that's where you hear the bottom end/bass kick in (that is not present like this on CD) and really helps bring the music more front and center/to life so to speak. Some minor light surface noise here and there but it sounded like the kind that clears up after more spins.

Overall very happy with the vinyl release of this fantastic album! This is a pretty good quality vinyl, not fantastic in regards to overall sound quality, but darn good and happy as heck I got it. Good chance it will keep getting better with plays...got the standard black copy, not the B & N exclusive blue version. Black version will do just fine...

RMB77 likes this.
  11. rjp

rjp Senior Member

clayton and Matthew Tate like this.
  12. James Glennon

James Glennon Senior Member

Will you post the deadwax info please.

JG

13. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

Hope they do a vinyl reissue of his S/T (1975) album. His best (imo).

14. mrjinks

I just stumbled across a live version of John doing "I Won't Back Down" following Petty's death. I think it's being pushed as a single to radio (?). I have to say, as a fan of both men, that while the gesture is nice, it does NOT sound good to me. I'm not an expert on audio tweaking, but it sounds VERY un-natural...

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

If you find a link, pls post.

16. mrjinks

PM sent...

17. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

18. Eric Weinraub

Eric Weinraub Forum Resident

Centerfield and Eye of the Zombie both came out while I was in college. I have very fond memories of both. Videos were still big and the videos for both albums were pretty awesome. I miss MTV

19. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

Matthew Tate likes this.
  20. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

As did I.
    The BMG CD of PREMONITION arrived yesterday.

21. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

Japan and Europe. Got ‘em both.

22. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Zombie is maligned for many reasons, probably too much of its time sonics wise, but "Sail Away" is one of the great underappreciated Fogerty songs.

23. Change in the Weather is I Heard It Through The Grapevine part 2. What a great song. Very prophetic too.

24. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Sorry, have not looked at this thread in a while...this is for the 180G , standard black version

SAFF 1997 2017 JG01A

SIDE B - same except JG01B

By the way, the sound quality is better than I first thought, real good IMO...had been listening to a lot of MoFi and Analogue Productions vinyl when I first got, so had to adjust my listening if you will...

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  25. James Glennon

James Glennon Senior Member

Thanks for the info! Fourteen tracks on a single LP, is the sound not a bit squashed? Would love if it had been spread over 2 LPs.

It hasn't surfaced over this side of the pond yet!

JG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.