Monolith RCA Cables - Monoprice "Higher End" Offering - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by TheVinylAddict, Dec 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wwaldmanfan

wwaldmanfan Born In The 50's

I've owned many push-on RCA interconnects where the plugs fit just right, but some that don't. Monster Cables are the worst. These are the death grip plugs.
    [​IMG]
    Also, how does a locking plug work its way out of the jack? It doesn't, by definition. That's the point of the screw-on plugs. You control the tightness of the connection.

johnny q likes this.
  2. Rolltide

Rolltide Forum Resident

Fascinating post-facto rationale here. Sort of like the magic rock that keeps tigers away. Your RCA plugs don't work their way out of the jack because you use locking plugs. My RCA plugs don't work their way out of the jack because this isn't actually a thing that happens.

TheVinylAddict likes this.
  3. wwaldmanfan

wwaldmanfan Born In The 50's

If if doesn't happen, you don't need to be skeptical of ones that do. Whatever you are trying to say, I'm not getting it.

4. TheVinylAddict

TheVinylAddict Look what I found Thread Starter

Hey, those work great. I have one, and have NEVER been attacked by a tiger!

Rolltide likes this.
  5. Kristofa

Kristofa Enthusiast of small convenient sound carrier units

The WORST !!!

***types with eye twitching***

johnny q likes this.
  6. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

No one was asking you to change your name, just an observation. There was no "problem".

7. TheVinylAddict

Sure thing. I changed it because I wanted to. Problem solved.

Cheers

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  8. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

Wouldn't it be hilarious if @TheVinylAddict decided to use this for his/her avatar! :biglaugh:

[​IMG]

(No offense intended... I'm just yankin' yer chain...)

sirmikael likes this.
  9. TheVinylAddict

Now you're giving me ideas :angel:... btw - what does that say anyway?

Kristofa and action pact like this.
  10. Diskhound

Diskhound Forum Resident

It certainly looks like some care and attention has been paid in the manufacturing of these Monolith cables. Definitely worth trying.

11. TheVinylAddict

I agree. I am surprised actually more have not taken notice... I have a set and thinking of more, and have not seen anything in this thread so far that buries that notion. I currently have them installed from my pre to the A21 Halo, and compared them to BJC, and to my ears not hearing any difference... I am a pretty critical listener too. If I put Kabeldirekt, Amazon, other choices in there, I remove them quickly, the difference is noticeable.

But I like to try things for extended periods, so my findings are very preliminary. I will say the reviews are good around the net though.

12. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

An occupational hazard of the human factors and computer science education is that I'm overly put-off by bad design in both physical things and in software. Poor design that violates human factors and cognitive psychology bothers me and annoys me. I don't like subjecting myself to design that can make me feel stupid due to a mistake. A mistake that I know is due to the poor design and not due to my stupidity. Unfortunately there is too much audiophile stuff that violates those principles and too much software (especially modern web and mobile) that violates those principles. Good design works with the way people are naturally wired to think and behave and have learned. Poor design works counter to that.

13. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

Cables can be weird like that. I've got both the BJC LC-1 cable and BJC Belden 1505F cable. I like the 1505F cable better between my DAC and amp than the LC-1 cable. It's a very subtle difference between the LC-1 and 1505F, but that's my preference. I've got another amp arriving in January. I'll be getting another pair of the BJC Belden 1505F cables to connect it. I'll save my extra pair of BJC LC-1 cables for when I set up a good turntable setup and try the LC-1 between the turntable and phono-pre. I don't know if I'll get around to trying the Monoprice Monolith cables. But I do expect that I'll probably be trying a few different cables between my DAC and headphone amp(s) in an effort to dial things in. We'll see.

14. TheVinylAddict

Either way, I'll be interested in and will trust your findings. In the true spirit of engineering, the more data the better!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.