Any fans of The Big Bang Theory on CBS?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by lasvidfil, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

It's been ages, but finally, a really funny ep (s11e07)!

MikaelaArsenault and Keith V like this.
  2. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

“I pooped the bed on that one” made me laugh a LOT. I’m not proud of that but it happened.

3. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

I thought the lead-up to the final scene was very Family Guy-esque.... specifically, it reminded me of this gag:

MikaelaArsenault, Keith V and wayne66 like this.
  4. zakyfarms

zakyfarms White cane lying in a gutter in the lane.

I gave up on this show quite a while ago. It's pretty consistent for me: when a sitcom gets old enough for the characters to start marrying each other, having babies etc., the writers are out of good ideas. Should I give it another chance?

5. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

No.

6. aforchione

aforchione Forum Resident

It's been terrible for several years now, but my sense is its a comfort show for a lot of people. Unfunny and also just painful to watch...

7. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  8. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

Thursday’s episode with the flashbacks was pretty good. Thoughts?

9. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Yeah, I thought it was well above what we usually get these days.

MikaelaArsenault and Keith V like this.
  10. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

The last few episodes have been entertaining.

11. cabowabodude5150

cabowabodude5150 Forum Resident

they need to bring Zack back as a full time cast member, I love Zack.

chad

12. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

You can't be serious.... worst character of the entire series.
    One of the best things about the recent seasons is that he hasn't appeared very often.

13. Gavinyl

Gavinyl Remembering Member

I'd rather watch paint dry...

14. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

If I wasn't serious I'd make that obvious so yeah I am serious, well as serious as you can about a TV show that doesn't really matter much. :)

It's not his fault the writers don't give him good lines.

Anyway, there's no one around to throw jibes at Sheldon like Kripke and Leslie Winkle. The rest of the cast don't really do it the same way. They aren't the arch nemesis that I think it needs when it comes to Sheldon. The banter was good in the earlier years as they shut him down pretty good.

15. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

You should check him out in Speechless, where he plays the father, opposite Minnie Driver. While he's not really the focus of the show, he does get better lines in a much more supportive role. And Speechless is about ten times better than TBBT is now.

16. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

The dialogue itself isn't the problem.... it's the fact that the writers decided to give the character rhoticism. Did they think it was supposed to make him funny? Quirky? Endearing? Because it doesn't... it just makes him incredibly annoying.

17. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

The worst character of the series was "Lucy", (she was too weird all the way around), however, she did help provide my favorite line from the show ...

MikaelaArsenault and GroovyGuy like this.
  18. GroovyGuy

GroovyGuy Forum Resident

They're about the same in my book. IMHO, the show has gotten old and the themes / gags are just being rehashed. I very much enjoy some of the season 1-8 ish episodes even though I've seen them each several times.

19. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I know they have contracts through this year, but they should have stopped the show after last year imo. Having kids and marital problems isn't funny on this show.

MikaelaArsenault and GroovyGuy like this.
  20. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

They should have look what they did with two half men..
    And Friends yes, I own all seasons 10 was worst only handful of episodes
    worth anything.. CBS loves money not quality..
    I always think monty pythons sketch about money..
    With Eric Idle dancing on the table

21. GuildX700

GuildX700 Forum Resident

Hate that show.

22. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

IIRC they signed on for two seasons, the current one and Season 12.

I'm wondering how long they'll stretch it out and if they'll end it by Season 12. I recall reading an article where someone from CBS said they'd have the show for as long as they could keep it. Which is not surprising since it makes them money.

I imagine that at this point the only thing that will bring this show to an end are 1) the cast calling it quits or 2) a big decline in ratings.

Matthew Tate and Deesky like this.
  23. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I agree, but one of those options, the first one, isn't very realistic. For the kind of coin the main cast members make, all they have to do at this stage is sleepwalk through their parts, so why would anyone give that up voluntarily?

Dr. Pepper, Matthew Tate and eddiel like this.
  24. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

Yep, you nailed it, but I will say that I still enjoy the show, but now it's more like spending time with good friends. They don't always have to be at their best for me to enjoy them. Also It doesn't seem so bad when I think of series in the seventies and the eighties where the wheels fell off, but they just kept going, like Happy Days. I mean in Happy Days final years it just became a chance for the studio audience to clap for the actors, and no body looked like they were even trying to fit the time period or character anymore. At least in TBBT, the actors are still playing their characters fairly accurately.

kevywevy likes this.
  25. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

How can this show need SIX writers for each episode? Not so much the early episodes, but pretty much any one I've seen in the past few years has three people credited with "story by" and three with "screenplay by." And this is for a show that, when you remove the commercials, is barely 15 minutes long! There's no way the writers are paid anywhere near what the actors are. Split whatever that is six ways and it's a miracle the Big Bang writers aren't all begging for spare change by the side of the highway in order to make ends meet.

rburly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.