Twin Peaks: The Return (2017)...*Contains Spoilers!!*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jerry Horne, Oct 3, 2014.

1. frozen-beach

frozen-beach Forum Resident

There are no nods even for The Leftovers, which most people thought was an obvious choice.

Ridin'High and 93curr like this.
  2. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Your message should have been spread out across multiple one-word posts. Tsk-tsk-tsk. ;)

rontoon likes this.
  3. rjp

rjp Senior Member

you are correct, i was totally disappointed in the whole thing, yet i kept watching because i was hoping it would get better........it never did.

and you really shouldn't let how i feel bother you, it is how you feel that counts for you. just ignore my posts, its easy.

rburly likes this.
  4. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Same here. I just see an [​IMG]

5. Culpa

Culpa Forum Resident

So it's months later and you still can't stop thinking about it? I know the feeling! :)

Wounded Land likes this.
  6. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

7. rjp

rjp Senior Member

everytime i see it in writing (twin peaks) i think of how horrible it was, and wonder if david lynch, in his own twisted way, was just ****ing with everybody when he made that mess.

although i believe that kyle maclachhlan (sp?) deserves his golden globe nom, simly for subjecting himself to what have been torture to film all that.

rburly likes this.
  8. frozen-beach

I have seen all the behind the scenes footage. By every indication, Kyle enjoyed reuniting with Lynch to film this, and Lynch is completely serious about his vision. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's the creator ****ing with you.

Also, Kyle read the entire script before filming began. He could have easily turned it down or voiced his opinion that he didn't like what he saw.

9. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

Is that correct? Kyle seemed as thrown off by the episode 18 conclusion as everyone else.

10. frozen-beach

Kyle MacLachlan on Suiting Up as Agent Cooper Again: 'Twin Peaks' Revival Is a 'Journey Into the Unknown'

11. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

12. frozen-beach

13. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

I was surprised when you wrote that he had read the entire script because I couldn't reconcile that with reports that he was baffled by the way episode 18 ended. He remembers shooting it but not recognizing where in the episode the scene would be placed. Surely one would think he'd know all that if he had read the script.

14. Tom Campbell

Tom Campbell Forum Resident

15. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

My problem with season 3 was, imo, that they hit very high highs in creativity, but I couldn't follow the story each week. I won't be buying this for season 3.

Spitfire likes this.
  16. drumzNspace

drumzNspace Forum Resident

It’s the difference between knowing what happens, and actually understanding what just happened. Kyle knew the former but seemed to be baffled by the latter.

17. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

Not sure about that, either. At some point during the run, he said that the series would make sense at the end, only to confess to being baffled just like everyone else when we actually got there.

Kyle MacLachlan Promised Twin Peaks 'will make sense in the end' – Snuuz - TV & Kodi Blog

rburly likes this.
  18. drumzNspace

Well, yes, a lot did fit together by the end. (And the final dossier helps recap it all and puts much of it in proper order etc.) But the final scene/cliffhanger leaves something open — a Twin Peaksian take on the traditional cliffhanger (and where there might not be a continuation that will resolve it).

Tom Campbell and DeeThomaz like this.
  19. Lynch has a habit of going off script - or with the last episode of season 2 pretty much tossing the script in the garbage can. Just because Kyle and the network saw the script ahead of time doesn't mean the final product closely resembled the original script.

20. frozen-beach

That was one occasion, and that's because the original script was horrible. Other than that, Lynch follows his scripts, and only changes or adds something if he gets an idea on the spot. In a podcast, David Nevins said that besides a few small things, everything on the screen matched the script they read.

21. drumzNspace

Dougie Jones!

22. Culpa

Culpa Forum Resident

Effin' tulpa. :)

rontoon likes this.
  23. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

My brain had just recently recovered from watching episode eight when it first aired and now I just went and had it messed up again.

24. My Blue Ray set just a arrived from Amazon. Will rewatch during the Christmas New Years break

25. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

And I see that Hollywood Reporter just included Twin Peaks on their list of "10 Worst TV Series of 2017":

"...this self-indulgent, pointless, meaningless (albeit visually trip-tastic) exercise in misplaced nostalgia and auteur idol-worship... I haven't read a good defense of the series that didn't seem delusional, dismissive of those who pointed out its flaws or wasn't both irrational and unpersuasive of its merits.

'Twin Peaks' - Hollywood Reporter Critics Pick the Worst TV of 2017