KISS: The Songs 1974-2012

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GodShifter, Feb 7, 2017.

1. William Smart

William Smart 21st Century Schizoid Man

Flaming Youth : I dig the message, lime Genes base kinda reminds me of Paul McCartney not sure why, the whole things like Alice & Townsend had a love child or a Flaming Youth. Just a feeling, but then I'm just a drummer and have no melodic sensibilities. :D do not like the Calliope like keys, never did. Just so...... what's that word? oh yeah UNKISS like. Ace to the rescue. Ace Rules the end thank you very much.
    @GodShifter , @npgchris , @dadonred , @Terrapin Station ,@vamborules , @Haggis Wampovich , @Combination , @Exile On My Street , @SammyJoe , @Rose River Bear , @Sandinista , @Musicman1998, @Digital Morphine , @Cooks420 , @Tree of Life , @Paulo Alm , @24voltsdc , @BluesOvertookMe , @nodeerforamonth ,@Deuce66 , @Cheevyjames , @bartels76 ,@The Slug Man and anyone else I've had the privilege to meet here, aggravate, joke with make laugh, exchange ideas with, God bless you all, have a safe and wonderful holiday season however you may celebrate it. PaxAmoLux, Iam

2. Cheevyjames

Cheevyjames Forum Resident

You too, brother!

3. dadonred

dadonred Life’s done you wrong so I wrote you all this song

You, also. Thanks for your humor and passion.

4. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member Thread Starter

Back at ya, bro. Appreciated your zany sense of whimsy and, most of all, your dedication.

5. William Smart

I fell into another thread "Is There Even An Audience For Rock & Roll" or something like that. Met a few nice people there, @Chris DeVoe and @Radio Jammor in particular and @Exile On My Street has even dropped in. But (I know terrible grammar starting a sentence with but) there are a couple of real snarky guys always contradictory. What I'm saying I guess is no thread I've ever seen is like this was. Got really spoiled. What a pleasure this thread was because of the caliber of you gentlemen. Participation in this thread will always be the highlight of my experience with SHMF. I thank you people and @GodShifter 'S guidance. I wish you all safe, happy and healthy Holiday. Peace my friends, Iam

6. Exile On My Street

Exile On My Street Senior Member

There are a lot of snippy, disgruntled music listeners on this forum. I'm really at the point where I don't even want to involve myself in any of the discussions.

Everybody hates everything, released or unreleased. It all sucks. :laugh:

Happy holidays to everyone reading! This really was the best thread I've ever participated in. It comes down to each and every one of you, what a classy bunch of dudes! :tiphat:

@GodShifter - Sorry I didn't participate in your WACF thread. I'm overwhelmed with work for the holidays so I couldn't partake in as many threads as I would have liked.

7. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Looks like KISS is taking most if not all of 2018 "off"?? I wonder what's going on, are they planning for the 45th Anniversary in 2019?

William Smart likes this.
  8. William Smart

yeah been wondering about that. maybe they'll do a shorter tour for the 45th, maybe a scaled back "unplugged " tour? maybe select venues for multiple nights with time for rest in between. Us geriatric rockers gotta take it easy you know:D

9. William Smart

Sweet Pain : this is the quirkiest song ever. I mean that in a good way. I like the bass a lot when Gene finally cuts loose. Also love the vocals . There's enough growls, grunts and oWwwws in it for a whole album. Are those women singing back up or a couple of guys whose voice has not changed yet? hey come on its a valid question! No?

Watch that Yule Log now y'all

npgchris likes this.
  10. William Smart

Sorry way behind, but then no one seems to be here much but me and one or two others. All good things must...... Not End so.........

Shout It Out Loud : I can't hear you! I said Shout It Out Loud.... A little better, but I said SHOUT IT OUT LOUD!!! Alright ! What a great anthem! You know when you hear this you wanna... no you gotta, Rock. Your fist is up in the air, don't lie you know I'm right. How can you not? Great vocals by Gene and Paul, trading off the way we like it! Freaking Ace kills it Peter is great.... Damn this may be my favorite KISS anthem ever! So come on KISS Army Vets LETS SHOUT IT OUT LOUD! Rock on dudes,peace!

npgchris and superstar19 like this.
  11. William Smart

To any brothers dropping by

HAPPY ROCKING NEW YEARS!!!

may you and yours all be blessed with Health, Peace, Light and Love, & may Fortune bless you. Always, Iam

12. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!! EVERYBODY!!!!

YOU WANTED THE BEST YOU GOT THE BEST, THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD KIIIIISSSSSS!!!

ejluther, npgchris and William Smart like this.
  13. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

A good day to watch this...

14. William Smart

New Years Eve 74? Nassau Coliseum KISS ! Great show. Seen them 3 - 4 times at the Garden, but I don't think any were New Year. If I missed that party it's a shame..... Orrrr maybe I didn't miss it and maybe that's why I don't remember? Hmmmmm
    Brother have a safe one! Blessed Be, Iam

15. William Smart

LMAO see above. Have a great, but safe, New Year! Pax

bartels76 likes this.
  16. William Smart

Beth : No F'N thank you! Sorry don't care what anyone says about this song. If I never, ever in this life or the next or the one after that (please gods NO) hear this again I will be very happy indeed! Ummm that statement goes for Rock & Roll All Night, KISS'N Time, Love Theme most of the 80s, but not all, just too many to list. Please if any God is listening please take note! I thank you kindly:D. Awww come on guys you know me by now:goodie: Happy Happy Happy............

npgchris likes this.
  17. William Smart

Do You Love Me : Yes indeed I do! Warts, farts and all. Oh the song, uh Yup I do. Great Statement for a band at its peak, even if they were teetering and didn't know they were..... Never mind. Yeah I dig this song a lot always I love the attitude, the snub at fakes & hangers-on. " But do you really really Really love me? " Hel yeah, probably always will! Pax

npgchris likes this.
  18. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

19. William Smart

I Want You : Rock And Roll Over opens with a killer in your face kick as S this is how it's done killer! (lack of commas on purpose :D) What is not to love? (rhetorical) Paul's voice sounds rough, but strong. Gene is laying a sweet bass line down. Peter is out fooking standing, especially his right hand (cymbal). And Ace..... Well if i never said it before (i know, i did) Ace freaking rules! That goes for every solo pretty much he played with KISS. I may like this album more than Destroyer. Yup I do believe I do! Pax

Cheevyjames and npgchris like this.
  20. Psychedelic Good Trip

Can't accuse Ace of lip syncing.

walrus, William Smart and Cheevyjames like this.
  21. William Smart

Take Me : In your face Rock! Nice rhythm, nice vocals, solid drumming. Not great, but dam fine! Now after the short & sweet of it...... I took this as a (what follows may sound crazy and that's ok if you think so) kind of ode from B B to Lucille. I get it, that's not the intent of the lyrics. However is there a musician amongst us who doesn't feel more of what or who he is than when you've got your instrument in hand, or when you're behind your kit? Does the opposite sex not see musicians as "more" when they're on stage playing? Nuff crazy Smart stuff for ya? Me too! Back to the asylum for me.... Pax
    PS dam good song 8 on the Richter scale

npgchris likes this.
  22. William Smart

Calling Dr. Love : Not the best "written" song ever by any means. However it is performed with absolute GENIUS! Gene gives one of his best vocals ever! Just fantastic Demon! The other standout is Ace's Inspired solo. Burn all the Holy Books cause Ace is taking us to a New Church! I say again INSPIRED!! and if you disagree with that it's ok cause you're going to Rock & Roll Hell where they play nothing but disco, rap and blue grass while us true believers who are saved are going on to a much better Rocking place! Amen Hallelujah pass the Pickles! :D

Now while it's only me here and I'm basically talking to..... me, King Crimson, King Crimson, King Crimson..... That felt good!

RARO is just so good.... Well i can't say i dig Beth part 2, it belongs on that list a few posts back. An oversight on my part..... Mea Culpa Mea Maxima Culpa!

Meds must be wearing off.... Yup just read this Post. Nurseeeee! pax

Cheevyjames, Sandinista and npgchris like this.
  23. Psychedelic Good Trip

Last time original Kiss line-up would walk out on stage 10/7/2000 Charleston SC.
    Eerie and bittersweet at the same time.

24. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Talk about raw, jagged edges all over the place. I can imagine them being almost painful to experience live in the very early days.

William Smart and GodShifter like this.
  25. ejluther

ejluther Forum Resident