Disney buys some assets of 21st Century Fox?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Nov 6, 2017.

1. I don't know about Pixar but someone at Marvel is already half way there with a "cute" Marvel show:

Well Fox were getting rather cheesey, so it was kind of fitting a mouse would eat it.....

sunspot42 likes this.
  2. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

I wonder if Disney will go all-in on Hulu, since they now own a chunk of it. Would save them having to setup their own streaming service.

3. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

4. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Indeed...furthermore, in another article I read that 5000 to 10000 people may lose their jobs.

Frankly, I don't really care if the Marvel characters are on the same film. Heck, some MCU films are overloaded already

Dan C and sunspot42 like this.
  5. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

I'm a comics fan first so for me seeing these people interact in the films as they have done for decades in the comics would be wonderful, like it was having Spidey pop up in Civil War. You don't need to put them all in the same film together.

Stormrider77 likes this.
  6. The one saving grace of this deal is that Marvel gets the Fantastic Four back and the era of Fox ruining them is now over.

I expect to see Galactus visit the Earth in an upcoming Marvel movie.

sunspot42 likes this.
  7. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

And what will happen once Disney owns The Simpsons? It might go a little differently than they expect...

[​IMG]

Dan C, Grand_Ennui and sunspot42 like this.
  8. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Do you mean new seasons? I jumped ship before the movie came out. The last great season was what, back in 2000/01?

yamfox likes this.
  9. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

If you haven't watched them then how do you know the later seasons were no good?

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  10. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Because I've seen episode here and there and I dont like it. The vibe is gone, it was a very warm show but the new stuff just leaves me cold

11. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

And some have wondered if Hollywood will turn into this in 10 years, once Disney buys Sony and Paramount and eventually Warner Bros. ...

[​IMG]

12. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

And soon the Marvel family will be one...

[​IMG]

PH416156 likes this.
  13. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

this is actually scary...

Dan C likes this.
  14. Luke The Drifter

Luke The Drifter Forum Resident

I live in a rural area. It is not even a reasonable option for us to stream TV yet. It may be down the road, but how long? I hotspot the internet from my iphone. You cannot stream that way.

15. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

I live in a rural area too. Streaming contents, only? Another nice excuse to build more cellphone towers and pollute even more. Somebody will make more money but:

Cell Tower Health Risks | EM Watch

That, just to stream a TV show or a movie on a smarthpone? Not interested.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  16. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

Was surprised Murdoch kept Fox's historic Century Studio lot while selling the library and branding to Disney, but this article lays out exactly why. It's a good read.
    Why Rupert Murdoch is keeping the Fox lot in Century City even as he sells to Disney

There doesn't seem to be a slowdown on the need for production studio facilities anytime in the foreseeable future. Fox' office space nearby, however, might get decimated.

dan c

Vidiot likes this.
  17. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

Yeah, the way antitrust laws are heading this is a very real future. It sucks.

dan c

Vidiot likes this.
  18. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Indeed. Sadly.

19. Technically some Spider-Man characters (notably Venom and Spidey's Villains) are still controlled by Sony. Universal still has a few characters left in its deal, including Namor and She-Hulk.

20. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

LOL, She-Hulk! Does she have massive 'assets' and does the elastic break on transformation? :D

21. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I think deals can be made to use anybody at this point. Mark Ruffalo has said Marvel's current deal allows them to use the Hulk in any Marvel film, but they can't make a standalone Hulk film without paying a "significant penalty" to Universal. So Universal retains that right.

What I'm intrigued with is what Marvel will now do with the Fantastic Four and with the X-Men -- film franchises that most people believe are fairly burned-out at this point. I could imagine some crossovers with either of these in upcoming Avengers sequels in 2019 and beyond.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    Stormrider77 likes this.
  22. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

If they're smart they'll do like The Fonz says and "sit on it" for at least 15 years and wait for a new generation to come along who has no memories to the past film franchises, and start fresh across the board.

23. Vahan

Vahan Forum Resident

I'm wondering if any future deals between Shout! Factory and 20th Century Fox might be gone forever because of Disney? That'd be horrifying if they were.

AlmanacZinger likes this.
  24. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Disney ruins everything. Now we'll never see Idiocracy in HD.