Alice Cooper's "Easy Action", "Killer" and "Welcome to my Nightmare" on Rhino coming 1/23/18! *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by If I Can Dream_23, Dec 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If I Can Dream_23

If I Can Dream_23 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Or am I just late to the party on this wonderful news?

Just checked Amazon and I see pre-orders up for these two albums (scheduled 1/23/18). Of course, other fellow Alice fans may have already known this, but I wasn't aware these were in the works so soon following the wonderful Rocktober releases of "Pretties For You" and "Love It To Death". I'll definitely be adding these to the collection!

As an aside, I wonder why "School's Out" seems to always be "glossed over" by Rhino. I know there was a Friday Music reissue a few years back, but how can such a discography of these most significant albums be reissued and never any "School's Out"? The iconic cover and packaging alone would make that album a stellar reissue. Or did I perhaps just answer my own question as to why it isn't seeing a faithful reissue? :)

At any rate, I think it remains the most "under-valued" Alice album from the original group. Well, that one and the first two prior to Ezrin. Not that it wasn't successful, but it often seems to me to get lost in the shuffle between the more direct and macabre-themed releases of "Killer" and "Billion Dollar Babies". But I love the album and nowadays listen to it just as much as any of the others, if not more so.

Perhaps Rhino is still planning a release for the album? Maybe alongside "Muscle Of Love" or "Greatest Hits"?

2. Links?

3. Rose River Bear

Rose River Bear Senior Member

Cd, vinyl????????????????

If I Can Dream_23 likes this.
  4. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

I heard looking forward to Killer with color vinyl. I picked up and was able to find Billion Dollar Babies this past month on colored vinyl

5. If I Can Dream_23

6. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

They are

klockwerk likes this.
  7. If I Can Dream_23

Vinyl only it looks like. Colored vinyl apparently. They must be keeping theme with the prior releases.

tinnox likes this.
  8. If I Can Dream_23

Yes, the "Billion Dollar Babies" from last year is especially gorgeous. Green, yellow and orange! :)

I even love the look of the yellow Rhino sticker against the green snakeskin wallet background. Silly I know, but such aesthetics make all the difference. :uhhuh:

9. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

It is a nice package ashamed it’s OOP. Just got Jimi Hendrix Smash Hits alt. cover on colored vinyl limited 1000 copies

10. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Maybe Rhino is just not keen to order 250 000 panties:evil:

And a reissue in standard sleeve.... well.... that's really boring.

Andy Smith and mestreech like this.
  11. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

I hope Killer comes with the calendar.
    Anyway let all the reissues come, the more the better.

rednedtugent likes this.
  12. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

I know BDB came with Cooper money

13. Neonbeam

Don't forget that there wasn't "the calendar", there were calendars for at least 1972, 1973 and 1974. Now the question is if Rhino should simply replicate them or make ones for 2018 etc

Mickey2 likes this.
  14. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

Replicate

15. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Senior Member

You might want to see if you can have the title of the thread modified, as Welcome To My Nightmare, also on colored vinyl, is coming out this same day, as well. They are all part of Rhino's "Start Your Year Off Right" vinyl re-issue campaign that they have been running along with "Rhino Roctober" for the past couple of years now.

16. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

In the USA or in Germany?

17. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

This Australian press release states brick-and-mortar only, so I hope Amazon really has them. Also, these may be be Australian-only print run numbers and just fractions of the total.

RHINO to 'START YOUR EAR OFF RIGHT' with exclusive vinyl releases this coming January

Alice Cooper – Easy Action
    1-LP on gold vinyl, limited edition of 4,600 copies
    Alice Cooper – Killer
    1-LP on translucent red vinyl with black swirls, limited edition of 5,200 copies
    Alice Cooper – Welcome To My Nightmare
    1-LP on purple vinyl, limited edition of 6,200 copies

18. Neonbeam

Porkpie likes this.
  19. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

Great news. I was very impressed with the B$B and LITD releases.

20. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Great news! The Killer reissue (cut by Chris Bellman) is still in print so I’m guessing it’s the same master being issued on colour vinyl. I hope they reissue B$B soon too

21. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

BDB is already OOP and is going for $70 on eBay. I was lucky to find a copy this holiday.

22. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

That’s why I hope they reissue it.

mestreech likes this.
  23. Jack

Jack Senior Member

24. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

If they do it probably won’t be on colored vinyl which to clarify is what I picked up

25. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

I wouldn't exactly call that excellent, if they can't even supply photos of what you're talking about.

By the way, the only countries that this unofficial website mentions going beyond a 1972 calendar are Uruguay and Argentina, and that's only because they didn't even release the record down there until 1973!

So I think most of us are certainly going to still call it "the calendar". Sorry!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.