Whitesnake - The Purple Tour - Jan '18

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Curveboy, Dec 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unclesalty

unclesalty Rzzzzz!

Actually, No No No is on Fireball.... :hide:

Zoot Marimba, Curveboy and dlokazip like this.
  2. dlokazip

dlokazip Forum Transient

Somebody badmouthed "Lazy"?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Zoot Marimba, Fusionfan, dbz and 2 others like this.
  3. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

If this was a promo video for a studio album track......fine......not my cup of tea....but then I rarely watch music promo videos.

However if I wanted to promote my fantastic new live album and DVD/Blu-ray....this is not how I would do so...so missed the mark...why not just release a clip of the actual film?? I love Whitesnake, but even I was having thoughts about cancelling my order on seeing this, in fear these kind of images go right through the live concert.

Thankfully, I'm hardly likely to watch it much anyway and am more interested in the live CD

Really looking forward to this!!!!

patrickd, Matthew Tate and bartels76 like this.
  4. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident Thread Starter

I don't think that is the case as they list the video for Burn as a bonus...I think the concert will be "as is" (with overdubs)

5. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident Thread Starter

Badmouthed is a bit far...I called it "flawed"

6. keefer1970

keefer1970 Metal, Movies, Beer!

I'm a casual Whitesnake/Purple fan at best, but I thought the Purple Album was pretty decent... however, since I bought Purple Album I have also acquired Burn and Stormbringer and damn, those albums are so bad-ass that I can't even listen to the Purple Album versions of those songs anymore. :D

7. yarbles

yarbles Too sick to pray

Ask him what his favourite Sabbath album is :biglaugh:

Zoot Marimba and Matthew Tate like this.
  8. dlokazip

dlokazip Forum Transient

Well, if I were to dissect it, I must admit that the lyrics are not Gillan's best. In fact, he's not really given much to do on the song.

On the other hand, the instrumentation is superb. Everything that Blackmore and Lord play is absolutely perfect and anyone thinks otherwise is just wrong and should be committed to a mental institution against their will.

I'm sure you would agree. :)

Rufus rag likes this.
  9. SickAgain

SickAgain Active Member

I don't know how anyone can like this. It's the worst cover of Burn I've ever heard.

Zoot Marimba and Use_Your_Koala like this.
  10. Munros1969

Munros1969 Forum Resident

I saw Deep Purple in concert in 1990/91 - MkII always the pinnacle for me and I loved MkIII - but I have to say JLT was pretty good. And if Blackmore rated him, why not? Right now I’m sure he sounds better than Coverdale. None of which denigrates the great legacy of Coverdale in Deep Purple and Whitesnake.

11. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Agreed... definitely the worst. The original is light years better!

This cover is better is much better, and this guy can sing. DC‘s voice is shot.... he is the male Mariah Carey.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  12. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

So a project with a singer who cannot sing anymore and a guitarist who can’t play anymore? Sounds great :rolleyes:

jon9091 likes this.
  13. zen

zen Senior Member

This re-recording stuff is odd....
    Reminded me of that "In the Digital Mood" Glenn Miller CD. All that disc accomplished, was make me want to hear the original recordings.

14. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Blackmore liked having him in the band because they could wig out together.

[​IMG]

15. Munros1969

Not bad at all but really, it’s nowhere near as good as the original. Shows how great DP were. Burn at the California Jam... simply amazing.

Zoot Marimba and Derek Slazenger like this.
  16. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Right.... the vocals of DC and GH works best on the original. And I also prefer the slower guitar playing.

Munros1969 likes this.
  17. Munros1969

I wonder if the use the same wig maker? There can’t be many that produce that type of “syrup”. Also, Ian Paice must have received an introductory discount from one or both of them.

Carserguev and jon9091 like this.
  18. Munros1969

Matthew Tate likes this.
  19. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

Munros1969, Matthew Tate and yarbles like this.
  20. zen

zen Senior Member

Painted hair on old people looks bizarre.

Even Mr. Blackmore wisely got a wig with some grey in it.

Munros1969 and yarbles like this.
  21. yarbles

yarbles Too sick to pray

What up man show some rispekk, that's THE VOICE OF ROCK you be dissin' :laugh:

22. Munros1969

I’m worried you thought I was being serious Dudley. He looks totally ridiculous, even if he is THE VOICE OF ROCK..!!

23. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

Well for me, I certainly don't hate DC. I'm a pretty big fan of MKIII Deep Purple and the earlier Whitesnake albums-they really lost me by 1987. But I find this Purple Album project really annoying; we're running into the third year that Whitesnake have been promoting this album and tour-it came out in 2015, correct? It's sad hearing Coverdale struggle with these classic songs and he can't do them justice anymore. It would be just as sad to hear Ozzy tackle Sabotage or Diary of a Madman today or Ian Gillan trying to sing Deep Purple in Rock. I agree that age is a beyotch but you also have to know your limitations.

I've not heard the most recent Whitesnake records so I can only take you at your word that they are fantastic. But they apparently don't pay the bills the way a Deep Purple tribute album does because it's been years since the last proper Whitesnake album and yet they are going on the third year of milking this tribute dud.

GodShifter likes this.
  24. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Master Guns

Jim Dandy is one of my favorite singers, actually. I'm a pretty big BOA fan in general.

25. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

The album came out late 15.....tour 16....live album was meant to come out directly after the tour, however as Coverdale has admitted, it was shelved due to exhaustion and then work on new album.

However although the tour was called the Purple tour.....its a fair balance of Whitesnake and Purple........and why should he not.....he wrote the damn songs........nobody gives Plant a hard time for doing Zep songs.....or Blackmore for doing Purple songs with a Rainbow tribute band

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.