De Agostini - 'The Beatles Vinyl Collection' mail order set via subscription

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by OneStepBeyond, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oh, OK, my fault. I misunderstood. I don’t think any better (or different) *source* tapes were used for the Anthology discs, but the later remastered versions (that were released on iTunes, Qubuz, and other services) could have formed the basis for the new LP’s.

2. Warren Wilding

Warren Wilding Well-Known Member

I may be late to the game here but I got my replacement today, about 4 weeks after requesting it and I'm happy to report that it is a correct pressing, no clipping on the opening chord.

OneStepBeyond and Gibson67 like this.
  3. Gibson67

Gibson67 Life is a Magical Mystery Tour enjoy the ride

Good to hear you’ve recieved the corrected copy, mine was posted on the 19th supposedly. I’ve not as yet recieved it so it’s going to br Tues now at the earliest.

4. Antx

Antx Forum Resident

Received my replacement AHDN copy today, will play it later tonight and hear if it’s the corrected version

5. tezca

tezca Forum Resident

So it is safe to order the replacement or buy a new one directly from Agostino?

6. Antx

Antx Forum Resident

Just played and opening chord resolved....

JohnnyH and OneStepBeyond like this.
  7. Warren Wilding

Warren Wilding Well-Known Member

Email their customer services and ask them for a replacement. Just give your name and address and they will do the rest. You will get a confirmation email from them and it will take up to 4 weeks to arrive, so be patient.
    It's still absent from the list of purchasable albums so you will be unable to order it direct. I would imagine this situation will remain until all requests for replacements are fulfilled as I would imagine this was a limited run and they need to be a little bit careful not to sell out.

OneStepBeyond likes this.
  8. BawBag

BawBag Forum Resident

Has anyone had experience ordering back issues of this? I ordered 5 on 31 October and have had nothing. I have emailed and called and, on both occasions, been told they'd be with me shortly. I'm getting a bit fed up with it. They've had my 85 quid for two months now.

9. m4murder

m4murder Forum Resident

Do you know the email address?

10. Daveymoore

Daveymoore Forum Resident

m4murder likes this.
  11. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Is anyone who ordered the replacement AHDN and who received yet another faulty copy going to chance asking for this corrected version?

12. Gibson67

A most definite yes, Now I know fellow members have the corrected version

OneStepBeyond and culabula like this.
  13. OneStepBeyond

OneStepBeyond Senior Member Thread Starter

I emailed them, telling them that the 'replacement' (I used inverted commas in there, like that as well..) is identical to the faulty copy that I had originally bought from the newsagent. They didn't ask that I return anything - but I didn't offer to, this time - and they replied back:

...Kindly be advised that we have processed another replacement for you. Please allow 14 working days for delivery....

No mention of 'corrected copy' or similar although I did specifically ask for this. But we now know there IS a recut and I think I got the email off, sharpish, as soon as I discovered this - just in case they were inundated with requests! The reply from De Agostini was on December 11th and I've been away since the 27th - going back tomorrow and hopefully there will be a red Something For You card from Royal Mail, waiting on the doormat. Then I'll be able to hear it and add it to the collection before the week is out.

I see no reason to get rid of both my copies of AHDN with the 'glitch' on, though. It's something of a novel reminder, if nothing else. :)

14. OneStepBeyond

The communication in their company is terrible - people phoning them are told these things and the operators surely don't have much to tell the caller because they don't have any definite information to hand. Only being told to repeat the same phrases from a screen, or card. The same with a lot of organisations today, sadly.

I don't know if keeping on at them works - it has appeared to in a few cases but they appear to have their own *methods* of working, in any case... Hopefully they won't be taking much longer over this for you.

BawBag likes this.
  15. OneStepBeyond

It'll be at least the third time I've referred to this (sorry) but as an update for anyone who remembers about me saying that my friend who subscribed from issue #2 and he didn't receive his copy of MMT. And to echo yet again, how unfathomable their actions can be!

In all, it got to several phone calls and they eventually said "Sorry, can't help..." I was livid (on his behalf LOL) and so I found him one on Discogs, thinking that was the end of the story. Then sometime last month they sent him, unannounced, MMT!

That will go nicely with his surplus copies of YS and the ones from Jazz At 33 (De A, again, of course) which were many. I had three of those off him (he received the Billie Holliday Lady In Satin three times and I think Blue Train as well - duplicate copies of 5 or 6 in total!!) and very nice I found they sound too. :D He did owe me a bit of cash and we did a deal that we were both happy with. Dave Brubeck's Time Out is one my favourite albums in any genre and it's a beautiful copy - so glad I own it - but I digress...

16. Quatermass

Quatermass Member

Just contacted them, hopefully, this time I will receive a replacement with the fault corrected.

17. OneStepBeyond

I just thought... I wonder if anything was done about the eq issue on the opening track to AHDN with this new cut? Unlikely but you never know! Erm, I thought we were supposed to move on from this subject, ages ago?? Not a chance. :winkgrin:

18. JohnnyH

JohnnyH Senior Member

I ordered SPLHCB and MMT from the back issues page on December 16 (never a subscriber, just the odd copies at the newsagent) and they just arrived this morning (delay probably due to Xmas post). They quoted me up to 14 working days for delivery when I e-mailed them for confirmation that they had my order (no automatic e-mail), so probably best to call them and try to get some sense (or a refund!) out of them. Good luck!

BawBag likes this.
  19. Gibson67

Recieved my corrected copy of a AHDN this morning, and yes it is indeed corrected!

20. Wayne C

Wayne C Forum Resident

They have promised to send me a replacement copy with the correction, after the previous two they sent me still had the fault - I don’t know how they make any profit to be honest.

21. OneStepBeyond

Their latest 'series' is a Dinky Cars collection. It begun during the last week or so. My dad got the first one and as far as I can see, they look remarkably like the originals. Not fancy and with a load of detail, like a lot of modern equivalents but to my mind, very true to how these things were made and appeared in the 50s and 60s. So rather nice (I used to collect similar items.) A bargain at £2.99 for the first issue. But then they go up to £11.99! :eek: Something they don't seem to be shouting about, when I have looked at them in a couple of places online... A few quid less and that would be nearer the mark, I say. So perhaps they spread these things out in that way? I do agree that it has to be said that with all the duplicates and replacements they seemingly send out quite freely, that must cut into their profits a great deal.

Jimbo Jobson likes this.
  22. Oyster Black Pearl

Oyster Black Pearl Forum Resident

Just checked and noticed they've removed AHDN from the back issues section.

23. Daveymoore

Daveymoore Forum Resident

Not been there for months.

Oyster Black Pearl and JohnnyH like this.
  24. Jimbo Jobson

Jimbo Jobson Forum Resident

Can’t believe it but no Past Masters in my usual, and only stockist. Can’t believe I’ve fallen at the last hurdle...!

25. MGSeveral

MGSeveral Augm

I can - I had to go ebay for Anthol 3, which is my last one from this series, and the only one I've had to get this way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.