KISS: The Songs 1974-2012

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GodShifter, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

Rhett, William Smart and ejluther like this.
  2. Who'sTommy

Who'sTommy Forum Resident

Gene and Ace really work well together, so it seems, as long as it is outside KISS. Good to see them having a good time together.

Rhett, Zoot Marimba, npgchris and 2 others like this.
  3. npgchris

npgchris Forum Resident

Paulo Alm, Lonesurf, johnny q and 4 others like this.
  4. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

You don't notice that kind of stuff in the moment, though. I mean, I listen to old Stones live albums and boots from the 70's through the early 80's, and they're all over the place, sloppy, and sometimes Mick sounds like he's barely singing. But I'm sure none of that mattered to the crowd on that actual night.

Now, I bet early on there were a lot of "WTF??" reactions to Kiss, before they'd fully honed their schtick, but I feel like, from day one, they had the kind of energy where it didn't matter if everything was 100% on...I mean, people bothered by that can just listen to the records, or go see Rush, y'know?

5. ejluther

ejluther Forum Resident

Posting this just because it’s awesome!

6. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

HA! The best thing in this entire thread.

7. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member Thread Starter

8. npgchris

npgchris Forum Resident

Indeed! :cheers:

I've been off the board for about a week and a half, and I see I've got a few VH albums to catch up on! Hopefully will be able to over the next few days!

With Gene doing these Vault get-together's now, hopefully we'll have some news items to post here from time to time. Seems unlikely any other city will be able to match the surprise of Ace, Bruce and Eric, however! :thumbsup:

9. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

Unless he somehow gets Vinnie

William Smart likes this.
  10. npgchris

npgchris Forum Resident

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

;)

11. Rose River Bear

Rose River Bear Senior Member

That is great. I need one!

12. Cheevyjames

Cheevyjames Forum Resident

I love how in comparison with the lego roadies, KISS is truly LARGER THAN LIFE!

13. Rose River Bear

Rose River Bear Senior Member

We miss this thread!

14. William Smart

William Smart 21st Century Schizoid Man

LMFAO! I love it!

npgchris likes this.
  15. William Smart

I just seen that. Yeah! A lot! Did we cover all Imports? Live..... Vegas? Did we do it backwards? Or as in my case forwards? Maybe the nuances of crowd noise at various live shows? Guys gimme credit I'm trying! Lol. Peace groovy people, Iam:bdance:

Rose River Bear and npgchris like this.
  16. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

William Smart and npgchris like this.
  17. William Smart

no home should be without one !

Rose River Bear likes this.
  18. William Smart

Yeah, Gene couldn't have planned it that way right! :hide:

19. I enjoyed this!

William Smart likes this.
  20. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

From Dangeous Minds:

A 2012 South American television interview with KISS has recently surfaced in which the band demands an embarrassed journalist to remove his Iron Maiden t-shirt before interviewing them.

We’ve come to expect such extreme assholism from Gene, but Paul actually starts this one off by refusing to answer the first question, but instead chastising the interviewer, “KISS is spelled K-I-S-S, (points at interviewer’s Iron Maiden shirt) this does not spell KISS, Gustavo. You made a big mistake.”

The interviewer defends his sartorial choice, saying “I picked this shirt to interview you guys… it’s not cool to wear a KISS shirt to a KISS interview.”

The band disagrees, with Gene chiming in “I don’t want him wearing an Iron Maiden t-shirt,” and then demands that the interviewer wear the shirt inside-out.

The members of KISS seem to be so far up their own asses with their branding, that they treat the interviewer as if he had worn a Burger King t-shirt to an interview with the CEO of McDonald’s. The fake Peter Criss, who believes bands are like sports teams, later adds: “If you went to a Raider’s game, you wouldn’t wear the other team’s uniform.”

The members of KISS apparently have missed the difference between fandom and corporate sponsorship. One could argue that the band is playing around here, but they come off as quite serious and the interviewer is obviously embarrassed about the situation, though he tried to remain professional and play it off. They are literally telling other people what they can or cannot wear JUST TO SPEAK TO THEM.

Paul condescendingly chides the interviewer: “Gustavo is very smaaart. ‘How I get a KISS t-shirt for free?’ You show up with the wrong t-shirt.”

Gene says “He don’t understand,” with the interviewer replying “I do, I do,” to which Gene retorts insultingly, “you’re twelve, you’re new.”

Paul tells the journalist that “you’re in our house” and that he “doesn’t show respect.”

“We also have a t-shirt that says ‘I don’t understand,’ you can wear that,” adds Gene.

Gene then makes the interviewer take his shirt off and turn it inside out before the fake Peter Criss comes along with a XXXL KISS shirt that they force Guatavo to wear.

Aside from Sharon’s dancing circus bear act, Ozzy, no other band holds a candle to the grandiose legacy-pissing done by KISS.

Dangerous Minds

The article can be found from DM-website but the address that a-word, so I had to put it little shorten:
    goo.gl/fGXafU
    Check out the comments from there.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  21. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

vamborules likes this.
  22. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

Yeah it definitely does say '08.

[​IMG]

superstar19 and SammyJoe like this.
  23. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

Wow. That's all I can say.

24. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

As Johnnie Cochran once said, it can sometimes be wonderful that we live in an age of video.

25. William Smart

Sure ya would! I wore a KISS Shirt to King Crimson! In New York, LMAO I'm surprised i didn't get beat up. lol. But I kind of get where they were coming from. Not the way they handled it though, that was ignorant. Had he wore.......say a Beatles or John Lennon t-shirt I think Gene would have hugged him and went on & on about the merits of Paul's bass playing. But yeah acting like that over a rivals shirt was very.... I don't know "trumpish " (new word in the Oxford dictionary for silly) oh boy I'm gonna get it now ! Klatu barrada niktu baby:D

On a more serious note (yeah right) I showed my wife that Lego video @ejluther and she laughed til she was crying. it was beautiful to see! we lost almost every thing a year ago and i haven't seen her laugh like that in what seems like an eternity! I thank you sincerely brother.

Gentlemen one & all, seeing you all posting here the last day or two has been........nice. TY for the memories, I love this thread. You guys Rock.

Hey new subject for the thread! The many times Gene & the Boys embarrassed KISS fans by acting stoopid like they did to that poor interviewer. ;)

peace brothers, iam

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    D.B., npgchris and vamborules like this.