Paul McCartney Archive Collection - 'Forthcoming Releases' [TBC]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Thrillington, Mar 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

To be Comprehensive are my hopes too and physically so. My 'To be Cancelled' post was after I read the BBC news article about CD sales in the UK and assuming this trend is virtually worldwide. The relevant part is below:

CD sales down
    However, vinyl only accounts for 3% of the overall music market, and its success is in stark contrast to the decline in CDs and downloads.

CD sales, which peaked at 162.4 million in 2004, now languish at 41.6 million.

Digital downloads are also on the way out, with just 13.8 million albums bought on stores like iTunes and Amazon last year, a drop of 23%.

Overall, music consumption was up by 8.7% - the fastest rise since 1998.

Sales and streams contributed £1.2 billion to the UK economy, according to the Entertainment Retailers Association (ERA).

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  2. Red

Red Forum Resident

Not a Neil Young thread...

jlf, Mr. Explorer and Oyster Boy like this.
  3. christian42

christian42 Forum Resident

FTFY. :)

sallymae_hogsby and Mr. Explorer like this.
  4. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Been thinking about the new album, just speculation but if it is still not finished , can we realistically even expect it until 3rd or 4th quarter if even then?. I haven't heard anything , just hoping they have a backup plan in place here

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  5. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

My theory is at some point Paul will finish the album and it will be released a few months after that.

Dividing the year into quarters and speculating about where a hypothetical Archive set or White Album reissue might fall on the calendar does not bring us any closer to knowing the new album's release date.

6. Time to merge this with the other thread! :)

jlf, Mr. Explorer and Frank like this.
  7. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Why limit ourselves? Instead, I propose that every thread on the Forum should be merged with the White Album reissue thread... ;)

8. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

I am a tad more optimistic than that. In recent articles Paul had been quoted as saying he’s “putting the finishing touches” on the album. That gives me some hope that we may see it late winter/early spring.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  9. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

What month is Thursday?

10. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

If by finishing touches he means final mixing, art work, track sequencing and such than I agree that it could be that quick. However, if he meant finishing up recording the songs, than I think spring will be out of reach. Problem is, there is no accurate gauge and you are left to guess how far along they are

11. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

You’re right. We just don’t know enough.

12. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

Yeah right. Jennifer Warnes said that about her new album over a year ago and the album still hasn't appeared.

13. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

Paul didn't sound like he was close to finishing it off to me. I'd guess late summer release.

14. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Why not? It worked well with the threads about Pink Floyd's Early Years box set.^^

rswitzer likes this.
  15. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

Good speculation etc on this excelllent SDE article, including an interesting comment by Tom Kristensen yesterday regarding BTTE

'Will “Back to the Egg” be the next McCartney Archive release? Somebody close to Steve Holly just told me that former Wings drummer is involved in the pre-production of the set.'

Full link below
    SDE Reissue Preview for 2018 | superdeluxeedition

16. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Prayer works apparently. :righton:

Hep Alien and Oyster Boy like this.
  17. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I wouldn't get too excited about that. Band members have been talking about being talked to in regards to BTTE has been going on for more than 3 years now. It's still not out!

18. Frank

Frank Senior Member

I don't get too excited about anything. I do get frustrated and annoyed pretty easily, though.

Hep Alien, mne563, mrjinks and 3 others like this.
  19. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

That has been on display for all to see

20. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Weird how that occurs in all the threads you happen to frequent, isn't it? :edthumbs:

21. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

No, because many I frequent do not but it seems many that you frequent do

kevintee likes this.
  22. bward

bward Senior Member

However, has anyone involved in the production of any albums from Flaming Pie forward said anything about being contacted about the Archive series?

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  23. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

Fair, but those involved with Flaming Pie are still part of the "inner circle" and less likely to speak openly.

24. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I am cool with a Flaming Pie deluxe. It is a pretty fruitful period.

Hep Alien and AppleCorp3 like this.
  25. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Yeah -like fruitful pie:)

Mr. Explorer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.