Paul McCartney Archive Collection - 'Forthcoming Releases' [TBC]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Thrillington, Mar 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Really -never noticed that:)

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  2. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

I think White Album deluxe is next, Paul's New album will be coming up in 2019!

[​IMG]

Hep Alien likes this.
  3. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Our inability to stay on topic on these McCartney threads is unsurpassed :) (I include myself in that!)

Unsurpassed Masters, you could say....

4. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Good Question, though I think tough to verify as these guys really don't seem very accessible where the BTTE lineup is still out there and quite accessible. Denny Laine, Steve Holly, and Laurence Juber are still playing small gig shows and places like AROTR or the Fest for Beatles fans making it quite easy to approach and talk to them. Not saying impossible but certainly much tougher to get into a position where asking such questions avails itself

Current band keeps pretty quiet on things

Hep Alien likes this.
  5. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I also do not think that any former Wings members have much of any say in how the Archive sets are being handled, and I doubt that they are involved in any of the true "pre-production of the set". Paul or MPL likely contacted people like Steve Holley and Laurence Juber and Denny Laine about the eventual release of a Deluxe Archive set of Back To The Egg or whatever album, and they might have been asked if they had any nice photos or other audio material that might be relevant. But these Archive sets are pretty much envisaged and produced according to 99.9999% of what Paul wants.

6. Eska68

Eska68 Forum Resident

Not in the beginning (2001/2002)...we know the titles of some "Driving Rain" outtakes because several band members mentioned and even described them...

By the way: There is one certain person from McCartney's abolutely innermost circle at that time who is just turning 50 today. I feel no obligation for any kind of congratulation...

Hep Alien likes this.
  7. Captain Groovy

Captain Groovy Senior Member

Anyone think a Red Rose Speedway Deluxe Edition could "absorb" Wild Life?

It's kind of a jam record, and doubtful Paul will want to make this one lavish on its own.. could be added to that set with outtakes around that era and all be jammed onto an awesome Speedway set.

Sure, Wild Life.. but then Red Rose. It's Wings en total before Band on the Run.

Add one of those live campus shows... "1882" and the rest could all come out on Speedway with well-known outtakes from those sessions.

The sticker or promotion could say "Wild Life" included..? Before the joke is made, or a "Warning" sticker...

I love both albums, but think they are stronger together. Or "Make Wild Life Great Again", whichever phrase sits right with you!

Jeff

8. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

And at the time he worked with Ringo, Jeff Lynne, George Martin, Linda, James and Steve Miller.

Out of all of them (obviously those who are no longer with us cannot comment) is say Steve Miller is the most likely to speak out of school on any Flaming Pie activity.

Hep Alien and Mr. Explorer like this.
  9. Arnold Grove

No, if the Archive sets continue, Wild Life and Red Rose Speedway will be released separately as individual Archive sets. I am 100% confident of that.

But will they ever be released? That I'm not as confident about, although I am hopeful.

10. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

That is true, they did talk then but was very early in their stint in the band. I have been in numerous positions to be close to a few of these guys and I find them tight lipped

11. Rob Hughes

Rob Hughes Forum Resident

I, too, am hopeful (though of course nothing is certain), that Wild Life and Red Rose Speedway will see an eventual Archive release for each title.

I think the success of the singles (notably Live and Let Die) and sentimental feelings around Linda, the kids, the tours, and the birth of Wings will eventually overcome the understandable insecurity concerning whether these two albums really showcase our genius in the best light. The case will be presented that, whatever their demerits, these recordings certainly have some rough charm and they launched a band (a "band"? a brand?) that would soon conquer the world, as just a bit of hyperbole will have it.

12. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I agree

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  13. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

And we know there were 2 or 3 more unreleased McCartney/Miller compositions that still have no surfaced and after 20 years since Flaming Pie and Miller hasn't said anything about them.

Of course it would be short sighted not to mention that I doubt that the topic of those songs ever come up at this point

14. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

I agree with you. IMHO, he has probably just been interviewed by MPL for possible inclusion in a deluxe of the album. I added the post mainly because it's relevant to the speculation on this thread and at least gives a glimmer of hope BTTE will eventually appear.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  15. AppleCorp3

There were a few unreleased songs from these sessions, yeah! That just makes me wish they'd move this set up and release it soon. A version of the charity track he did with Dave Stewart was also recorded during these sessions too.

Steve Miller is in the same boat as Elvis Costello, Denny and the other Wings folks - accessible and notnunntheinmer circle. If anyone who is interviewed for that set speaks it'd be him.

16. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Out of all of them, I would guess that James would be the most approachable. Although I doubt Dad's projects would be the first thing he'd want to talk about...

Hep Alien and AppleCorp3 like this.
  17. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

I've said before and will say again, from a marketing standpoint, I think it makes sense to release them in pairs:
    Wings first: WildLife & Red Rose Speedway
    Wings last: LondonTown & Back To The Egg.

Both have a respectable "hit song" associated [My Love/Live And Let Die on RRS, Mull Of Kintyre/With A Little Luck on LT] that general public can be drawn in by.
    The lesser selling/less critically acclaimed set can sales-wise can ride on the coattails of the more "popular" set and perhaps be critically re-contextualized and re-appraised. [Ala McCartney & McCartney II]

supermd, Zeki, funkydude and 7 others like this.
  18. Arnold Grove

I agree. And at least by releasing them in pairs, we can get more releases quicker.

Speed up those snails!! ;)

anthony_beat, Hep Alien, jmxw and 4 others like this.
  19. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

There's also a golden hit in WildLife

Bip Bop

Hep Alien likes this.
  20. AppleCorp3

Get ready for a super limited RSD single!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2019
  21. Arnold Grove

I'd take a reproduction of the Turkish 45:

[​IMG]

22. Arnold Grove

^^^Love Is Strange was the B-side.

23. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

My ten month old son starts to find the same joke unfunny after about the fourth repeat. Just sayin'... :)

24. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

No. They're 2 completely different albums with different musicians from different sessions. They came out almost a year and a half apart and have nothing to do with each other.

If Macca was going to go this path, he would've done so with "ToW"/"PoP" - "PoP" easily could've been "absorbed" into "ToW" since they're sibling albums that often used the same sessions.

And he would've done it for "McCartney"/"McCartney II". Recorded far apart but based on the same concept.

Woulda made much more sense for the second album to be "absorbed" in those cases and it didn't happen, so there's no reason to believe it'd occur for "WL".

Plus, "WL" was the 1st Wings album, which gives it a special place.

Plus plus, 2 separate releases = more $$$!

25. AppleCorp3

I like to think we're less discerning than 10 year olds!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.