Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for this post! I'm currently trying to sell my mother's home and everybody kept telling me that her wallpaper had to go if I really wanted to sell it. So, this week I have professional wallpaper removers taking down the wallpaper in four rooms and now I have to find a "neutral" color (often used word by Realtors, as if they know anything?) to paint all of these rooms to attract a buyer. A tan or light beige color seems to be the place that we all seem to agree is the way to go and after seeing the photo of the room above with that Benjamin Moore Linen White, I believe that we may now have a winner! Well, that it is, until the guy that is painting the room tells me that they don't use Benjamin Moore paints. LOL. They seem to wear Sherwin Williams work pants, so who knows?

billnunan, bluemooze and PhilBiker like this.
  2. fuse999

fuse999 Forum Resident

Tell him that whoever paints your room will be using Benjamin Moore, and to include the extra $15 a gallon to the bid. He's wearing Sherwin Williams clothes because they comp them t shirts and heavily discount the price of pants. The extra cost for paint will be well worth it, Sherwin Williams is all name, check out Consumer Reports on paint. I have been a painter for 40 years.

3. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

Here's where I'm at with the orange room right now...

My plan is to keep the orange (I'm getting used to it), but I'm gonna paint the trim (indented bottoms of the walls, window sill, baseboard heater) Ben Moore Linen White. I think that will be enough to soften the effect.

The orange isn't quite as radioactive in real life as the earlier photos show, and it may have even deepened as it fully cured.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  4. Claude Benshaul

Claude Benshaul Forum Resident

Orange is actually a very good colour to brighten a room, especially if you are planing a 60's retro look.

5. action pact

Right, I was thinking "tiki room."

[​IMG]

\

easycraig, Donniej, beowulf and 6 others like this.
  6. I personally think a light grey is more in damand these days than beige. Most of the new and flipped houses are going there

I personally prefer Benjamin Moore by my flippers used Sherwin Williams matte grey SW 7015 (promar 400) with Solo white trim. Looks great.

Dennis0675 likes this.
  7. quicksilverbudie

quicksilverbudie quicksilverbudie

I have tried to get my wife to go with Mango in the TV room....which is what I would like in a small room with large window. Ended up painting absinthe which turned out to be a light dull mint green.

sean

8. George P

George P Notable Member

Was he a difficult houseguest?

;)

9. Chris C

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it! I've also heard that light grey is hugely popular these days. The rooms that we are painting are already dark, with huge metal gold trimmed windows and dark wood crown molding (the house was built in 1949 and is very Frank Lloyd Wright like in it's design), so we fear that doing any variety of grey, might be too dark. Since posting earlier this morning above, I have spoken with my contractor and he said that he often uses Benjamin Moore Linen White and that would be a good choice for what we are going for. I will have a look at your suggestion and consider it. The bottom line is, the wallpaper that we are having removed in the large living room was that dark green 'grass like" wallpaper and in the other rooms, my mother had some crazy shiny wallpaper, which screams 1977 and a disco, LOL. I honestly have never understood just where my mother was with that wallpaper. Rich looking at the time I guess, but hugely out of date these days.

10. Linen white is great too. It’s still dark here Seattle) but later I’ll snap some photos of this light grey.

Edit: not color accurate but here is that nice light grey. @Chris C

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

pressureworld, dahoo, DeRosa and 23 others like this.
  11. Chris C

Thanks, I'd love to see your photos, as you always post great looking shots!

Mazzy likes this.
  12. Just added. See edit but not taken with natural light.

And one more showing the contrast with the dark blue single wall.

[​IMG]

13. Claude Benshaul

Claude Benshaul Forum Resident

I don't know if you are serious but I hope you are because I think it's a great idea!

14. Chris C

Oh yeah, that is really rich and sharp, I love it!

15. action pact

Heck yeah, I'm serious! :D

I also have a huge collection of vintage tiki mugs and a Bosko carving to display!

SandAndGlass and PhilBiker like this.
  16. action pact

We have a shag rug in our living room, but we're thinking of tossing it out because we don't know how to clean it!

17. Yeah. This is a Flokai. Every 2-3 years I have to send to a carpet company who cleans and returns.

action pact likes this.
  18. cat9

cat9 Forum Resident

Looks awesome G!

Glad you lived with it for a bit first....the trim idea is good too!
    It'll look terrific!

action pact likes this.
  19. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

You cannot have The Mango!

20. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

I don't trust Consumer Reports as far as I can throw them. They are a shadow of what they once were IMO. I believe the last time I checked on paint they didn't like Benjamin Moore paint.

But I do. The stuff is durable it goes on so much better than anything else I've tried and the colors are fantastic and they last. I have mostly Benjamin Moore paint in my house including the red room I've posted in this thread multiple times:

[​IMG]

CowFish, EddieMann, Donniej and 12 others like this.
  21. fuse999

fuse999 Forum Resident

I figured CR would add more validity than my opinion, SW is not very good paint. Benjamin Moore is very good, Kelly-Moore is good paint as well.

bluemooze and PhilBiker like this.
  22. action pact

See, the lighter-colored wall trim works!

PhilBiker likes this.
  23. cat9

cat9 Forum Resident

Yes it does....my home library/office. ....Brick Red
    ....fyi .....music in here too!

[​IMG]

24. action pact

Interesting wall art!!

cat9 likes this.
  25. cat9

cat9 Forum Resident

A local Manitoba artist ap .....hand formed and hand painted leather masks.
    .......we've had them for decades

action pact likes this.