What is your most valuable LP (according to auction results)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Vinylfindco, Oct 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Saldana

Paul Saldana jazz vinyl addict

I have one of those. The fidelity is amazing.

2. Paul Saldana

Same here, and lots of $150 records.

3. Paul Saldana

4. Paul Saldana

That 'Meet The Beatles' stereo with no publishing credits can hit $2000 all by itself. The two copies I have seen in person did not have high gloss/laminated covers though.

phillyal1 likes this.
  5. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

AC/DC Highway To Hell 1st Australian Albert has been going up.
    Misfits Beware UK EP
    A very nice Ludwig Led Zeppelin II
    U2 war Is Declared
    I found these when they cost less and there are much rarer records,but being among my own favorites I`ll never sell these.

Echoes Myron likes this.
  6. Spinmeout

Spinmeout Forum Resident

Had that blackstar pre ordered and never went through with the purchase. Woke up the next morning to the sad news and quickly tried to grab it. No chance.

7. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

damn, I'm sure you paid less than me and yours is probably in better shape!

8. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

Hey Paul, yeah those are some of the special ones...
    the "Meet The Beatles" no pub's are nice, but the laminate cover is really
    the rarest, odd thing, as mentioned in the Spizer book in some detail.
    Hallandale Beach huh ? ... those were the days! Blast from the past... I used to live on the beach maybe ten-twelve buildings north from the water tower.. then they made them condos, so I moved just across the causeway. Loved it there till I got transferred to Atlanta.

9. lemonade kid

lemonade kid Forever Changing

Nice. I have this in MONO & Stereo...in excellent condition (not like these)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

10. sethICE

sethICE Forum Resident

I have a copy of that Meet the Beatles with no ASCAP or BMI on the label. Not a laminated cover, though....

I found it in normal record buying (don't remember where), not for big bucks. It's supposedly very rare, but it doesn't feel that way to me since I have one!

11. culabula

culabula Unread author.

The Time Has Come/Anne Briggs

Trinkywinky likes this.
  12. It's Felix

It's Felix It's not really me

Rare and a great movie

13. lemonade kid

WOW! Nice!

culabula likes this.
  14. lemonade kid

Most of the Capitol vinyl I have through Magical Mystery Tour has no publishing credits. But that can be hard to find nowadays in good condition. I have all Capitol rainbow labels in VG+ to NM condition.

Just looked. I have a stereo NM- Meet The Beatles with no publishing info, and a really nice blue inner sleeve with the usual record ads. Thanks for the news! I assume it is the MONO vinyl that has the highest value. I've never seen one with a laminated cover!

(By the way, my Goldmine Price Guide says there is no such thing as a MINT copy unless it is still sealed. Once it is open it is automatically NM (near mint). Of course you'll have to open that Meet The Beatles to know if it is a first pressing--that is if you win the "lottery" and find one!

15. LeBon Bush

LeBon Bush Hound of Love

Appearantly, someone over at Discogs sells the '93 CEMA Special Markets reissue of Kate Bush's The Dreaming which I got for 7 bucks in Amsterdam for 160 Dollars.
    Yeah, sure...

16. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Decisively Indecisive

I have that as well, but must say I prefer the standard issue versions of Wild Horses and Brown Sugar.
    Still cool to have the alt. takes though!

Giorgio and lemonade kid like this.
  17. Soundslave

Soundslave Forum Resident

According to discogs Megadeth - Th1rt3en on Picture Disk is the priciest item to sell. Well, I don't have a tendency to collect rarities anyway :)

tinnox likes this.
  18. WayneC

WayneC Hopelessly addicted to vinyl

19. Not counting Butcher cover or acetates?

20. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Whoever faked that - possibly in the hope of creating a hype - must have had a truly transcendent moment when the Ebay billing arrived:evil:

(And there's no way that this is a genuine auction)

21. y531ly5

y531ly5 Forum Resident

Indochine - Dancetaria
    first issue 1999

[​IMG]
    Dido - No Angel

[​IMG]

And many U2 ones that cost $$$

LoveYourLife likes this.
  22. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

I have a Misfits Beware too. Got mine during the heyday of ebay Misfits collecting circa 1998. It was a totally thrashed copy but sounds killer and I love it dearly.

I ended up selling off quite a few but I still have a purple vinyl Earth AD which probably counts as my most valuable record.

steveharris likes this.
  23. lemonade kid

Got his for $10. Goldmine album price guide from 1996 lists it at $900+
    ROLLING STONES "Hot Rocks" rare SHELLY 11-18-71 alt mix

[​IMG]

ROLLING STONES "Hot Rocks" rare SHELLY 11-18-71 alt mix

--Popsike.com

For those who collect the ROLLING STONES this LP needs no introduction, it has been and remains one of the rarest and most desirable ROLLING STONES vinyl rarities created. I will not go into the story myself, but instead here is an excerpt from the great "Rolling Stones: US LP" label history web site about the "Shelly" Hot Rocks LP:

Who Is "Shelley"?
    Could it be a reference to famed poet Percy Shelley? or the Rolling Stones' French press agent June Shelley? In fact, it's neither. This notation is indicative of an item from the Shelley Products Ltd. pressing plant (closed in the mid-1980's) of Long Island, NY, and it makes a big difference on the
    double-album Hot Rocks 1964-1971.

Upon its initial pressing (Nov. 18, 1971), alternate versions of Brown Sugar and Wild Horses were included on the Hot Rocks master plate. These versions first appeared in the brilliant 1970 documentary Gimme Shelter. Since there was no clear reference to their origin on the album cover, sleeve or label, one must look at the trail-off vinyl (the smooth vinyl located nearest the disc label) and look for the word Shelley and the date 11-18-71.

Shelley
    The identifying mark is not easy to locate or read, but the mystery does not end if and when it is found. It seems that this "alternate pressing" was soon pulled in favor of a set which contained the single versions of Sugar and Horses. However, Shelley wasn't quite done, as the name reappeared for a short time afterwards with either a later date, or no date at all.

The original Shelley 11-18-71, with the alternate takes, may fetch $1000 USd. A second pressing with the word Shelley and with or without a later date, will still get you double ($25-30) a regular pressing ($12-15). Thus far, reports of 11-18-71, 12-3-71, and 12-6-71 have been clearly identified.
    One final note on determination - you should find Shelley on all four sides of the 2-disc set, but the date (if there is one) of 11-18-71 need only be on side four. It is possible to come across a set that has that specific date on any of the other three sides except the fourth, yet that is meaningless. The names will often not be written in the same manner, though it is more common to see script, there are editions that have Shelley in block print.

Giorgio likes this.
  24. WayneC

WayneC Hopelessly addicted to vinyl

The George Michael = money laundering I suspect...

Neonbeam likes this.
  25. Hilly

Hilly Forum Resident

The Beatles - Hey Jude (1979) PCS 7184 not sure about this but according to some research its worth around €80 !!!
    or
    The National - Cherry Tree HWY-008 (Marbled Cherry) again around €80 !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.