Matt Monro - The George Martin Years CD (& appreciation thread) *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by vzok, Aug 6, 2016.

1. RMoore

RMoore Forum Resident

The correct version is on the Singles collection. The US edit is not correct amd was pulled relatively soon after release at Matt's insistence.

2. RMoore

RMoore Forum Resident

That is probably it. As most Capitol paperwork is lost, I often used original releases to gather information. As you can see it's not always correct! I have to admit my knowledge of Matts Spanish recordings is not as strong as the rest og his catalogue.

3. voles

voles Forum Lurker

Thanks. So it was a typo in the Sessionography - Todos Hablan makes much more sense :) Furthermore, the spanish version of 'Everybody's Talking', which is translated in the Sessionography as Todo El Mundo Habla and shown as Unissued was in fact released?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  4. voles

voles Forum Lurker

Did you take it from vinyl?

5. Great Music Lover

Great Music Lover Well-Known Member

Is the US edit available anywhere apart from the "US single" release.

6. vzok

vzok Forum Resident Thread Starter

Yes it is a vinyl rip.

7. RMoore

RMoore Forum Resident

Somebody has to :)

adriatikfan likes this.
  8. RMoore

RMoore Forum Resident

No because it shouldn't have been released. If i ever do a Complete I'd include it as a curiosity but it isnt any great loss. A bit like the severely edited Softly as I Leave you that Liberty issued. It wasn't done with artist or producer permission so is not considered important. (If anybody wants to know the edit timings i can find it out for you!)

9. Great Music Lover

It would be good to hear it as a curiosity thing especially after all this time. It is all part of the Monro story. I didn’t know Softly As I Leave You was heavily edited. Is there a story behind that

10. voles

voles Forum Lurker

I prefer to avoid lossy downloads when the tracks have been remastered by Richard but I can't help noticing on iTunes that The Rare Monro (not remastered by Richard) & Matt Uncovered are £12.99 & £13.99 respectively whereas The Rarities Collection is only £5.99! Supply and Demand?

11. RMoore

RMoore Forum Resident

For no other reason than to get radio play. A 2 minute single was rasier to get played than a 3 minute one!

12. RMoore

RMoore Forum Resident

Rarities is Warner alone the other two are warner & universal mixed.

voles likes this.
  13. Great Music Lover

But that was by Liberty just for the US market I guess where ads played a big part. So is that edit available anywhere or us that just on a US Ssingle.

14. vzok

vzok Forum Resident Thread Starter

There's one born every minute.

15. voles

voles Forum Lurker

Is it 'Let me Sing and I'm Happy' or Let me Sing a Happy Song? Or are they completely separate songs? :)

16. voles

voles Forum Lurker

I would just like the chance to form an opinion :)

17. RMoore

RMoore Forum Resident

As far as I know its just the US single but easily replicated if you know the edit point. (Which ill have to look up) Only place it COULD be on CD is the CD of Walk Away/Invitation to the movies, but im aeay from home so i couldn't say for sure.

18. RMoore

RMoore Forum Resident

Same song. I think I'm right in saying that 'Let me sing and im happy' is the correct title although both have been used - I may even have been guilty myself in the past!

voles likes this.
  19. voles

voles Forum Lurker

Right - definitely hit a brick wall with the 'Long and Winding Road' tracks!

20. voles

voles Forum Lurker

What tracks are on it? Is 'And you Smiled (Spanish) on it?

21. RMoore

RMoore Forum Resident

You will struggle a few tracks have never been issued on Cd from that or "if I never sing another song" which followed it. Couple of tracks are on the Bookazine, A Man and his Music though.

22. RMoore

RMoore Forum Resident

As far as im aware its never been issued anywhere. It isn't very good! I pulled it when working on uncovered. One that will probably always stay in the can!

voles likes this.
  23. voles

voles Forum Lurker

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    adriatikfan likes this.
  24. RMoore

RMoore Forum Resident