Has anybody participated in Yahoo Japan auctions?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Strat-Mangler, Jan 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker Thread Starter

If so, how did it go? Would you do it again? How were the shipping fees?

Seems like there are some good bargains there but (and correct me if I'm wrong) it seems one needs to fork over dough to have it converted so as to be used as a bid. If so, that seems crazy as there's no chance of winning, you need to already spend an amount of money you can't get back just to get a chance to bid, and if you lose, Yahoo Japan now has your money and the only way you can have anything to show for it is bid on something else.

Is my understanding of the process flawed?

2. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

That sounds like a middle man. Yahoo Japan doesn’t take money for a bid, at least I’ve never seen that. I live in Japan, tho.

3. Sprague Dawley

Sprague Dawley Forum Resident

in the market for a tape deck.

never bid before but some nice stuff on there.

eg this $40 BIN.

[​IMG]

too bad most of the decks have issues. 1980 was a lonnnng time ago...

Dave likes this.
  4. Sprague Dawley

Some of the stuff listed as busted "junk" there is a bit sad.

Surely someone on this site is in the business of rescuscitating these gorgeous endangered species...

[​IMG]

5. Sprague Dawley

6. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

7. Mark From Eire

Mark From Eire Forum Resident

Hi

I used Buyee a few times and the first two or three went well for me until I decided to go after two Japanese vinyl albums from the same seller, somehow it worked out I had to pay for postage on each album to Buyee's warehouse. Then because Buyee had to repackage them I have to pay for extra packaging etc etc and then Buyee adds on their fee at the end and takes it directly from your Paypal account. The albums weren't worth it in the end!

8. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

I ask because I try to find better prices than the eBay resellers like "sushi-sashimi" "kameshita", those hunt cds for lower prices in japan to later resell on ebay for high prices.

Is possible know those fees before won an auction?

9. Mark From Eire

Mark From Eire Forum Resident

I kept screen shots of the total invoice at the time to remind me not to buy vinyl albums from Buyee again, here is the breakdown on what the two vinyl albums costs

Auction ended on 8th August 2016

1st album Winning Bid: 7761¥ = $78.93

2nd album Winning Bid: 8361¥ = $75.04

Domestic Shipping Fee (From Seller To Buyee) 920¥ (460¥ for each album)

International Shipping Fee 3,250¥

Package Consolidation Fee 500¥

Protective Fee 1,500¥

The total in Swedish crowns at the time was 1957.10kr, which is $201.75 in today’s currency converter on XE.com

Yes you see the fees up front on what your top bid will be when the auction ends and what you will be charged for the item from the seller to Buyee will be and if you win it lower than what your bid was it is adjusted to that amount but the shipping fee stays the same no matter what your bid was on the item.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.