Black Mirror-Season 4

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Encuentro, Dec 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guinea pig! :nyah: I don't know how humans look to guinea pigs, but guinea pigs look nothing like hamsters to humans. In fact, I was in South America and they served up a guinea pig to me; it's called Cuy over there, and I couldn't eat it because it looked like the animal, only cooked. I asked them to chop it up and serve it to me without the head and legs on it. It was good. I ate all of his memories and knew who the killer was.

Pete Puma likes this.
  2. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

i couldnt imagine eating a hamster! :unhunh:

3. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

It's not that I have an innate preference for dark endings (after all I loved San Junipero and liked Hang the DJ), it's just that the nature of the show is to be macabre and twisted and since the episode wasn't an outlier like San Junipero, then I feel the alternate ending would have worked better.

4. realkilroy

realkilroy Forum Resident

This show unfortunately went from "British" to "American" (when Netflix acquired it). Exploits some local paranoias, more "convenient". Amen.

5. Not sure what "local paranoias" you are referring too here. Can you elaborate?

6. Sounds like a good name for a band: Local Paranoia

7. Werner Berghofer

Werner Berghofer Forum Resident

Think about this the next time you consume meat. Even if the piece of meat looks different it’s still part of an animal’s corpse.

Shawn and EVOLVIST like this.
  8. Yeah, I know. Those unidentifiable shiznits are tasty corpse pieces. In schnitzel, even. :D

9. So, I saw Ep. 4, Hang the DJ tonight. I thought it was much closer to the look, feel, and type of storytelling the first three seasons brought us. I really enjoyed it.

Two more to go.

10. hybrid_77

hybrid_77 Forum Resident

Good season. Black Museum was my favorite. I saw that Kenny from Shut Up and Dance stars in a new Netflix series The End of the F***ing World. Gonna check it
    out.

11. The last two episodes were outstanding, especially "Metalhead." Rod Serling would have geeked out on "Metalhead."

SomeCallMeTim and Encuentro like this.
  12. APH

APH Forum Resident

Watched three so far, not in order.

USS callister - excellent. Not sure that the copies would have all the memories and personally of the originals, but prepared to let that slide.

Metalhead - Texas Chainsaw meets Terminator. Great, except for the stupid ending.

Crocodile - Bladerunner voight kampff test meets the hitman scene from Mulholland Dr. Stupid memory idea. Stupid and boring. Guesed the shock end quite early, and fast forwarded through a couple of scenes towards the end: the visit to the woman's husband/ the kids concert.

Started watching the Jodi Foster one, but got very bored and gave up.

13. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

I feel like this season was a little subpar compared to the excellent season three. Liked, but didn't love:
    • USS Callister
    • Metalhead
    • Black Museum
    Felt ambivalent about, but didn't hate:
    • Arkangel
    • Crocodile
    • Hang the DJ

14. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

I've just one more episode to watch of the entire series.....I don't know who this
    `Charlie Brooker' is, but I think he is a genius. Or at the very least, a gifted writer.

15. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

Binge watched this over the last few days. Enjoyed all the episodes. Metalhead was intense.

Scope J likes this.
  16. Mr. Grieves

Mr. Grieves Forum Resident

Late to this thread, but I finished most of the season a while ago, just need to get to Black Museum (too many things get in the way)

Loved the first episode and is one of the best of the series period (though probably not in my top 5)

I really liked the second episode, didn't love it. Great acting here though.

Crocodile is the best shot episode I think I've seen from this series. Totally gripping till the end. The whole memory thing is obviously an instance where you benefit from a little suspense of disbelief.

Hang the DJ is quite possibly my least favorite black mirror episode. Still pretty good though. Kind of similar to San Junipero

Metalhead was fantastic. Loved it. The motive is a little silly but that's ok. Not every episode needs to be thoroughly thought-provoking & have layers of meaning to analyze.

Probably my least favorite season so far. What a great show

17. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I finally watched the 2nd episode (I skipped around) and I really loved "Archangel." It was a really good cautionary sci-fi story. Perfect for the times. Very moving and sad. Looking back, one of the best episodes of this season.

rufus t firefly likes this.
  18. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Finally checked this series out and I am just finished White Christmas. Looking forward to seeing the remaining episodes this is a pretty cool show.

OobuJoobu likes this.
  19. MikeInFla

And speaking of White Christmas wouldn't it be awesome if you could block morons at work??

20. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

:confused: Did I miss Jodi Foster?

21. APH

APH Forum Resident

She directed it.

22. SomeCallMeTim

SomeCallMeTim Forum Resident

Even the "bad" episodes in the series are still pretty good. Overall, I give it a "Monkey Loves You," and look forward to another few episodes this coming holiday season.

23. MikeInFla

Well I have one episode left and have watched the entire series. Most of them were pretty good. Only a couple were just ok. At first I thought the Space Fleet episode was gonna be hokey but it turned out to be pretty cool as well. It's easy to run thru because there aren't many episodes. I guess the only downside for me is there isn't 10 or 12 episodes a season.

24. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Killer season!

Can we expect S05
    in December?

ted321 likes this.
  25. RickH

RickH Connoisseur of deep album cuts

Season 5 “drops” June 5!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.