Concert For George reissue CD/LP/DVD Feb 23, 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by zgredzik, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zgredzik

zgredzik Well-Known Member Thread Starter

As I saw there will be finally 'Concert for George' on LP. And it will be released on 23nd February. Great to hear that! Here is a link - The New Configurations

I hope you will find some cheapest sites to get this incredible concert. Peace and love!

2. Greg Smith

Greg Smith Forum Resident

Deluxe Box Set

The Deluxe Box Set features the complete sound and film recordings from the concert (on 4 180-gram audiophile LPs, 2 CDs, 2 DVDs and 2 Blu-rays), a 12”x12” hard-bound 60-page book, plus an opportunity to own a piece of the historic event, by way of a cutting from the original hand-painted on-stage tapestry used as the backdrop at the Royal Albert Hall on November 29, 2002. The package is housed in a gold-colored, fabric-wrapped box with a die-cut mandala window to display the unique stage fabric (which is mounted on an individually numbered card, suitable for framing). Includes a note from Olivia Harrison, explaining the story behind the tapestry. Limited to 1,000 pieces worldwide.

4-LP Set:

Side 1: Sarve Shaam – Traditional Prayer, Your Eyes – Anoushka Shankar, The Inner Light – Jeff Lynne & Anoushka Shankar

Side 2: Arpan – Conducted by Anoushka Shankar

Side 3: The Lumberjack Song – Monty Python with Tom Hanks, Sit On My Face – Monty Python, I Want To Tell You – Jeff Lynne, If I Needed Someone – Eric Clapton, Old Brown Shoe – Gary Brooker, Give Me Love – Jeff Lynne

Side 4: Beware Of Darkness – Eric Clapton, Here Comes The Sun – Joe Brown, That’s The Way It Goes – Joe Brown, Horse To The Water – Sam Brown, Taxman – Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Side 5: I Need You – Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Handle With Care – Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers with Jeff Lynne & Dhani Harrison, Isn’t It A Pity – Billy Preston, Photograph – Ringo Starr

Side 6: Honey Don’t – Ringo Starr, For You Blue – Paul McCartney, Something – Paul McCartney & Eric Clapton, All Things Must Pass – Paul McCartney, While My Guitar Gently Weeps – Paul McCartney & Eric Clapton

Side 7: My Sweet Lord – Billy Preston, Wah Wah – Eric Clapton & Band, I’ll See You In My Dreams – Joe Brown

Side 8: Etched vinyl with mandala

VIDEO DISC ONE (DVD & Blu-ray): The Complete Concert (2 Hr 26 Min)
    Your Eyes, The Inner Light, Arpan, Sit On My Face, The Lumberjack Song, I Want to Tell You, If I Needed Someone, Old Brown Shoe, Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth), Beware Of Darkness, Here Comes The Sun, That’s The Way It Goes, Horse To The Water, Taxman, I Need You, Handle With Care, Isn’t It A Pity, Photograph, Honey Don’t, For You Blue, Something, All Things Must Pass, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, My Sweet Lord, Wah Wah, I’ll See You In My Dreams

VIDEO DISC TWO (DVD & Blu-ray): Theatrical Version With Additional Material (2 Hr 20 Min)
    Additional material includes: Monty Python backstage, George’s band rehearsals, Ravi’s orchestra rehearsals, Interviews with musicians, Photo Gallery.

AUDIO DISC ONE: Sarve Shaam, Your Eyes, The Inner Light, Arpan

AUDIO DISC TWO: I Want to Tell You, If I Needed Someone, Old Brown Shoe, Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth), Beware Of Darkness, Here Comes The Sun, That’s The Way It Goes, Taxman, I Need You, Handle With Care, Isn’t It A Pity, Photograph, Honey Don’t, For You Blue, Something, All Things Must Pass, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, My Sweet Lord, Wah Wah, I’ll See You In My Dreams

This new combo package comprises 2-CDs and 2-Blu-rays. The CDs offer a collection of stunning renditions of some of the most significant music of the 20th century. The Blu-ray discs contain the full concert, plus a theatrical cut which includes interviews, rehearsals and behind the scenes footage. Directed by David Leland (credits including the Traveling Wilburys video “Handle With Care”), CONCERT FOR GEORGE has earned a Grammy® Award for Best Long Form Music Video. The Blu-Ray also includes the feature “Drummers.”

VIDEO DISC ONE: The Complete Concert (2 Hr 26 Min)
    Your Eyes, The Inner Light, Arpan, Sit On My Face, The Lumberjack Song, I Want to Tell You, If I Needed Someone, Old Brown Shoe, Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth), Beware Of Darkness, Here Comes The Sun, That’s The Way It Goes, Horse To The Water, Taxman, I Need You, Handle With Care, Isn’t It A Pity, Photograph, Honey Don’t, For You Blue, Something, All Things Must Pass, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, My Sweet Lord, Wah Wah, I’ll See You In My Dreams

VIDEO DISC TWO: Theatrical Version With Additional Material (2 Hr 20 Min)
    Additional material includes: Monty Python backstage, George’s band rehearsals, Ravi’s orchestra rehearsals, Interviews with musicians, Photo Gallery.

AUDIO DISC TWO: I Want to Tell You, If I Needed Someone, Old Brown Shoe, Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth), Beware Of Darkness, Here Comes The Sun, That’s The Way It Goes, Taxman, I Need You, Handle With Care, Isn’t It A Pity, Photograph, Honey Don’t, For You Blue, Something, All Things Must Pass, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, My Sweet Lord, Wah Wah, I’ll See You In My Dreams

2-CD + 2-DVD Combo Pack

This new combo package comprises 2-CDs and 2-DVDs. The CDs offer a collection of stunning renditions of some of the most significant music of the 20th century. The DVDs contain the full concert, plus a theatrical cut which includes interviews, rehearsals and behind the scenes footage. Directed by David Leland (credits including the feature Wish You Were Here, and the Traveling Wilburys video “Handle With Care”), CONCERT FOR GEORGE has earned a Grammy® Award for Best Long Form Music Video.

VIDEO DISC ONE: The Complete Concert (2 Hr 26 Min)

VIDEO DISC TWO: Theatrical Version With Additional Material (2 Hr 20 Min)
    Additional material includes Monty Python backstage, George’s band rehearsals, Ravi’s orchestra rehearsals, Interviews with musicians, Photo Gallery.

This 2-CD set offer a collection of stunning renditions of some of the most significant music of the 20th century, including “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” (performed by Clapton, McCartney and Starr), “Taxman” (performed by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers) and “The Inner Light” (covered by Jeff Lynne and Anoushka Shankar).

Aoide, lennon_08518, Sean and 6 others like this.
  3. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

This was an amazing film, but this release seems to be reeeealy stretching it.

4. Sax-son

Sax-son Forum Resident

It was a great concert. One of my favorites. I already have both the DVD (not blu ray) and the CD so I am set. However, if you are a George Harrison fan and don't already have it, I recommend having some version of this in your collection.

5. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

I just read about this and my first instinct was to head there.

It's cool that they're reissuing such a great concert, and it's especially great to see Tom again, but you know, I would like something new that's George Harrison related and actually has George Harrison playing on it. To me this just looks like a deluxe reissue, which is cool, but there's so much more that can be done.

Like for instance, how about bundling the Concert for George with a 1974 tour film and a Japan tour film (if enough footage exists)? Does that make too much sense or something?

Plus, it's been less than 16 years and it's already being reissued? Dark Horse and Extra Texture took 40 years to be reissued (and I mean a proper reissue).

6. Dr-Winston

Dr-Winston Forum Resident

Deluxe Box Set
    The Deluxe Box Set features the complete sound and film recordings from the concert (on 4 180-gram audiophile LPs, 2 CDs, 2 DVDs and 2 Blu-rays), a 12”x12” hard-bound 60-page book, plus an opportunity to own a piece of the historic event, by way of a cutting from the original hand-painted on-stage tapestry used as the backdrop at the Royal Albert Hall on November 29, 2002. The package is housed in a gold-colored, fabric-wrapped box with a die-cut mandala window to display the unique stage fabric (which is mounted on an individually numbered card, suitable for framing). Includes a note from Olivia Harrison, explaining the story behind the tapestry. Limited to 1,000 pieces worldwide.

4-LP Set:

Side 1: Sarve Shaam – Traditional Prayer, Your Eyes – Anoushka Shankar, The Inner Light – Jeff Lynne & Anoushka Shankar

Side 2: Arpan – Conducted by Anoushka Shankar

Side 3: The Lumberjack Song – Monty Python with Tom Hanks, Sit On My Face – Monty Python, I Want To Tell You – Jeff Lynne, If I Needed Someone – Eric Clapton, Old Brown Shoe – Gary Brooker, Give Me Love – Jeff Lynne

Side 4: Beware Of Darkness – Eric Clapton, Here Comes The Sun – Joe Brown, That’s The Way It Goes – Joe Brown, Horse To The Water – Sam Brown, Taxman – Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Side 5: I Need You – Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Handle With Care – Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers with Jeff Lynne & Dhani Harrison, Isn’t It A Pity – Billy Preston, Photograph – Ringo Starr

Side 6: Honey Don’t – Ringo Starr, For You Blue – Paul McCartney, Something – Paul McCartney & Eric Clapton, All Things Must Pass – Paul McCartney, While My Guitar Gently Weeps – Paul McCartney & Eric Clapton

Side 7: My Sweet Lord – Billy Preston, Wah Wah – Eric Clapton & Band, I’ll See You In My Dreams – Joe Brown

Side 8: Etched vinyl with mandala

VIDEO DISC ONE (DVD & Blu-ray): The Complete Concert (2 Hr 26 Min)

VIDEO DISC TWO (DVD & Blu-ray): Theatrical Version With Additional Material (2 Hr 20 Min)

AUDIO DISC TWO: I Want to Tell You, If I Needed Someone, Old Brown Shoe, Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth), Beware Of Darkness, Here Comes The Sun, That’s The Way It Goes, Taxman, I Need You, Handle With Care, Isn’t It A Pity, Photograph, Honey Don’t, For You Blue, Something, All Things Must Pass, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, My Sweet Lord, Wah Wah, I’ll See You In My Dreams.

There will also be a separate 4LP box set & a 2CD/2 Blu Ray (or DVD) version.

Proceeds from the sale of these products support The Material World Foundation (UK charity No. 1148896).

7. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

Releasing the 1974 tour film and anything available from the Japan tour would be great, but I don't think bundling them with Concert for George would make any sense at all.

8. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

9. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

Clearly their learning that Beatles fans will buy just about anything............

Great concert and album, but a deluxe set already??

10. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

It could do. Release a lot of live footage alongside a live concert, which although it doesn't have George in it is a tribute to him.

11. It’s never been on vinyl before.

I’m in for the deluxe (1000 copues). At $350 Its about the same price i paid for my ticket to the original show 16 years ago.

12. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Still no "Horse to the Water" on CD. Looks like it's an LP-only exclusive. That's sort of disappointing. I'll probably still get the 2CD/BR version. I got the DVD when it came out and watched it over and over and over but never got the CD and could go for a picture upgrade. Hopefully we'll get some unreleased George next.

13. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I just wish they’d make the 2010 All Things Must Pass hi-rez download available again...

14. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Some of the money is set for George's charity:
    "Proceeds from the sale of these products support The Material World Foundation (UK charity No. 1148896)."

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  15. blutiga

blutiga Forum Resident

Hopefully...

16. scotty j.

scotty j. Forum Resident

Nice to see this back in print. I'm not sure this is something I'd pull out to listen to on vinyl, but I'm in for an upgraded film on blu-ray. I love this concert and watch it every year - my kids enjoy it, too. Very emotional.

Brother Maynard and Mr. Explorer like this.
  17. dbacon

dbacon Forum Resident

Yawn ....come on Olivia & Dhani, open the vaults

18. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

There's also an edition with test pressings.

Ricardo Cosinaro and Nobby like this.
  19. Nobby

Nobby Senior Member

20. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

Never bought the DVD since I was waiting for a Blu ray re issue. Finally happened!

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  21. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

I'm only seeing a 2CD/2DVD combo set. I've been wanting this on blu ray for ages. Hoping it'll be released separately at some point.

22. Here we go and I agree to a point. HOWEVER, I think a special reissue of the Concert for George which celebrates his life, is the perfect release on what would have been his 75th birthday. Why celebrate the 75th with some strange outtakes which would only be of interest to a minority?

I'm all for a big set of unreleased material but I think this is perfect now given the timeline. :tiphat:

Jimijam, TS582, btltez and 6 others like this.
  23. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

Agreed with this. This film needs to be celebrated.

Mr. Explorer and Mazzy like this.
  24. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I'd love this show on vinyl, but 3 out of 8 sides being either empty or something I'm never going to spin kind of puts it out my realistic price range. If they just did the main part of the show from "I Want To Tell You" onwards as a 2LP set for people who just want George's songs and can't afford an expensive box, i'd be all over it.

beatleroadie and ted321 like this.
  25. Yeah it has only been 16 years...

The Elephant Man and Jack like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.