Best hardware acquisition of 2017

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Davey, Dec 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slippers-on

Slippers-on Forum Resident

That's right...the Well Tempard, I heard one about about 6 years ago, but don't remember what it sounds like. And yeah..it was Art K. And he had a 2M Blue on it. So how does the cables act as the anti-skate?

2. Slippers-on

Nice speakers ,but that floor caught my eye! Looks like the same Red Oak natural I put down I'm my house in North Carolina. Nice floor as well as speakers.

cat9 likes this.
  3. ronm

ronm audiofreak

Cerwin Vega D9.I like a big sound.

MadCajun likes this.
  4. Slippers-on

Look a here....He has a pair of the Analysis Plus phono cables on his Traveler.

Analysis Plus | Home & Pro Audio Cables

avanti1960 likes this.
  5. octaneTom

octaneTom Man of Leisure

Slippers-on - it's actually pre-finished natural hickory. The previous owners of the house installed it about a year before we bought it. It's actually really nice, and hard as hell. I don't think we'll be able to scratch/chip/mar it much, which is great for an up north get away in the woods.

6. triple

triple Senior Member

Lovely speakers. They deserve (much) better stands, however.

nola27 likes this.
  7. grbl

grbl Just Lurking

1. McIntosh C50 preamp for main system
    2. Clearaudio Concept Wood for second system
    3. Focal Aria 905 speakers for my son's system (his first stereo)

Richard Austen likes this.
  8. Slippers-on

It looks really nice!....after I got mine which was already finished planks and a floating floor as most of the houses in the Durham NC area are slabs, a buddy of mine decided he wanted to finish his after he got his all installed. boy was that a mistake.....the smell lasted up to a few weeks.

9. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

Here's a sneak peak at my favorite 2017 gear acquisition. I got a Cavalli Liquid Glass headphone amp in late December. It's an amp I've been interested in having, but never thought I'd own. I'm excited, but haven't been able to listen to it yet. I got it and then left to visit family in Georgia. I can't tell you how it sounds yet. I'll have to wait till February when I return. 2018 will be a fun year of trying different tubes with it and discovering the amps sound signature and style. I debated whether to put this in the 2017 gear thread or 2018 gear thread. I decided on the 2017 thread even though 2018 is when I'll actually get to play with it.

The Liquid Glass is a hybrid amp that is able to use a variety of different noval or octal tubes. You can roll in a lot of different tubes. It's gonna be fun. 2018 will be a year of buying and trying tubes.

[​IMG]

10. billnunan

billnunan Forum Resident

Wow. I love looks of that! Looking forward to your impressions.

11. Whoopycat

Whoopycat Forum Resident

As much as I love the Zu Omen Dirty Weekend MkII's, my favorite purchase was a Decware ZROCK2. With this small box you will never want for more bass or tonal richness in your system again. Can't recommend it enough.

12. Bananas&blow

Bananas&blow It's just that demon life has got me in its sway

How do you think the LS50W compare to the 805's?

13. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident

In my small room the LS50W are hands-down the clear winner. I sit nearfield and the N805s are large speakers. I could never quite get them to sound just right, like the drivers were not quite fully integrated by the time the sound reached my ear. I really wanted to love them, and don't get me wrong - they did sound good, but I missed that LS50 magic. What I wasn't prepared for was just how much the "W" version would improve upon the original.

bluemooze and Bananas&blow like this.
  14. WntrMute2

WntrMute2 Forum Resident

15. Seafinch

Seafinch Preferred Patron

Just looked into that due to your post. Looks like a really interesting piece of gear. Only shame is it looks like you can only use it with one source if you're using an integrated. That true? Oh! and the added expense of more interconnects.

16. Whoopycat

Whoopycat Forum Resident

Correct on all counts. I'm using mine with my DAC.

Seafinch likes this.
  17. Bubbamike

Bubbamike Forum Resident

If your integrated has a preout/main in then you could place it there or in the tape loop if you have one.

18. Jimmy71

Jimmy71 New Member

Hi Tillman I Need some help on the Renaissance Black path I am thinking of buying it but I can’t demo it because CAT dealer in Greece is far away I have 4b3 cubed bryston and Bp26 what do you think about the CAT RENAISANCE BLACK PATH edition PHONO AND XLR and I am thinking of swapping the BP26 for the CAT and have ever heard o the combination CAT BRYSTON thank you very much for your help. Dimitris

19. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I have never heard the Bryston, but I can tell you the CAT is an amazing pre-amp. The phono section is one of the best IMO. Steve also likes the CAT phono section.

20. Jimmy71

Jimmy71 New Member

Thank you very much what speakers and power amplifier do you have with the CAT

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2018
  21. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Check my profile.

22. Jimmy71

Jimmy71 New Member

I don’t know why but I can’t see your profile

23. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Click on information.

24. pdxway

pdxway Forum Resident

New members might has limitations on what they can see before they posted a certain number of messages. May be he needs at least 5 messages before he can see.

25. Jimmy71

Jimmy71 New Member

Thank you very much

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.