Vinnie Vincent announced for Kiss Expo 2018 (Surprise!)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Rosskolnikov, Aug 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rosskolnikov

Rosskolnikov Designated Cloud Yeller Thread Starter

2. BB on Mars

BB on Mars Forum Resident

I loved Lick it up and liked what he done on Creatures....I liked theVinnie Vincent Invasion albums...well the first album more than the next but anyway I could careless about all of the other drama I've read or heard about.... As I said I have liked what he did musically but I would have no desire to meet him or get his autograph. That's just my opinion for me...I know he does have a following who seems to care about what goes on in his life so all the power to those fans as this is great for them and I hope it goes well for Vinnie... and if he does release an album I'd buy it

3. Weirwolfe

Weirwolfe Forum Resident

I'll believe it when I see it. Great talent though.

4. Stratoblaster

Stratoblaster A skeptical believer....

Wow...he surfaces...! He's been MIA for a few years now; guys on the KissFAQ have been discussing his whereabouts for a long while...seems he dropped right off the radar over the last several years with no one knowing anything about his status.

5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

Wow! I hope it's true. Amazing guitar player.

6. Tony Cruse

Tony Cruse Tc

MikaelaArsenault and Holy Diver like this.
  7. jackinbox

jackinbox Forum Resident

8. Tony Cruse

Tony Cruse Tc

9. knob twirler

knob twirler Senior Member

He's going to promote official, licensed Vinnie Vincent Dead Pet Tupperware containers, and shake down all the expo vendors who are selling bootleg VV tupperware tubs. Finally, Gene will then express admiration for Vinnie's business sense.

10. jackinbox

jackinbox Forum Resident

30 second video of Vinne will be released tomorrow along with venue information.

11. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

12. Malina

Malina Forum Resident

He has come out of hiding to claim his Gene Simmons box set.

13. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

I found that well done. Hope that box set actually comes out.

14. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

"Lick It Up" is a killer hard rock album. Too bad he couldn't manage to stay in KISS longer.

15. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

Completely agree. KISS would've had much stronger 80s albums had Vinnie even stuck around for two more years.

16. Jason W

Jason W Forum Resident

Intersting to see Vinnie participating. Would be cool to see him live.

17. Crungy

Crungy Forum Resident

This Wednesday I was at the grand opening of a restaurant which I invested in and a mutual acquaintance introduced me to Robert Fleischman who was there. He said he is excited to fly down to Atlanta for the Kiss Expo and see Vinnie for the first time in 30 years. I asked him is Vinnie really crazy? Robert said, "Yes! Extremely nuts!"

18. WhoDaresWins

WhoDaresWins Forum Resident

This is probably going to be the biggest KISS convention over the past 20+ years and it is now sold out.

A buddy of mine is flying in from Toronto and is going to the Vinnie M&G. I'm looking forward to the updates.

19. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

I will be up there tomorrow being just 100 miles away.
    Sitting in with Eddie Trunk.....

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  20. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

He's on Trunk Nation as we speak. Channel 106 on Sirius. I assume you can catch it On Demand.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  21. aroney

aroney Who really gives a...?

Unfortunately it barely scratches the surface. That said, Vincent says he will be appearing with Gene in April during one of his Vault box set appearances and that he wants to start playing live again.

Sounds like Vincent is out of the house for awhile. :D

22. bartels76

Wow that was wild! As much as Eddie annoys me, he did a good job with the short amount of time he had. The segment is at the end of the show. Don't bother listening to the first like 2/3 of the show unless you want to just hear him talking about Vinnie coming in.

Christopher B and hi_watt like this.
  23. Olias of Sunhill

Olias of Sunhill Forum Resident

That was fascinating. Vinnie seemed hesitant to provide specific answers about anything KISS related... either he's out of practice after not talking for 20 years, afraid of getting sued by Paul and Gene for violating some sort of NDA, or a little of both. His comments on VVI were much more direct.

Christopher B likes this.
  24. bartels76

Man he killed Mark Slaughter. "That lineup should have been aborted. Singer was horrible to work with."

There is legal stuff with Kiss so understandable he can't talk about that. Plus if he is seeing Gene in a few months it would be awkward. I don't think he and Paul will ever speak. As egotisical as Gene is he is softer with past members and putting that crap behind hime (especially if he wants to sell Vault units :laugh:).

25. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

I haven't heard the interview yet, and while I am not terribly surprised to find out it wasn't in depth, since he still has to do the Q&A, in just stunned it happened at all.

And yes, Vinnie saved KISS. At least musically.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.