Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Yep another tenner to spend on pies, cakes and chips to add to my increasing pounds... ;)

Robert C, mestreech and latheofheaven like this.
  2. imarcq

It's probably best not to over analyse Amazon's logistics..... it doesn't make sense at all! :)

latheofheaven likes this.
  3. Tom Holvey

Tom Holvey Forum Resident

4. Tom Holvey

A lot of Paul Mccartney LPs close to £10

5. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

[​IMG]

panasoffkee, black sheriff and imarcq like this.
  6. Tom Holvey

7. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Is there a VAT applied to books in the UK? I just ordered a book (Pink Floyd Their Mortal Remains) and a vinyl record boxset (Dylan’s Trouble no More) and VAT was removed for the records but not the book.

8. crmcatee

crmcatee Forum Resident

No VAT payable on Books in the UK.

floyd likes this.
  9. crmcatee

crmcatee Forum Resident

floyd likes this.
  10. Andy Pandy

Andy Pandy Forum Resident

You are really the future of our world. High moral and doing everything for saving the planet.

11. imarcq

What's the planet got to do with it? I'd rather deprive Amazon of making an extra £10 profit. I think the postal van is still going to make the journey anyway! Gives somebody a job :)

12. Andy Pandy

Andy Pandy Forum Resident

I think you have to update your profile. It’s written you’re from Kent, not Sherwood Forest.

13. imarcq

No, I'm the one on the right! Who's your friend? ;)

[​IMG]

14. latheofheaven

[​IMG]

imarcq likes this.
  15. imarcq

Now you're giving me scary nightmares! Back to the deals now....

16. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

If you are going to show Andy Pandy, Looby Loo and Teddy, at least show the real ones (i.e., the ones I grew up with :)):

[​IMG]

imarcq and latheofheaven like this.
  17. latheofheaven

Yeah iMarq, you're scaring this old guy with these new 'Talkies'...!

imarcq likes this.
  18. imarcq

Gizmodrome Vinyl £8.99 from third party sellers....this is the "supergroup" featuring Stuart Copeland, Adrian Belew and Mark King.

Gizmodrome [VINYL] https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07213X4NM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_SL2DAbWCEFMYR

Gizmodrome is an “All Star band” made up of Stewart Copeland (The Police), Mark King (Level 42), Adrian Belew (ex King Crimson, David Bowie, Frank Zappa, Talking Heads) and Vittorio Cosma (PFM and Elio e le Storie Tese). This album brings the audience back to when rock music was played by unique musicians, when daring was a must, when listening to an album was an experience to enjoy from the first to the last song. Fans of the bands the four Gizmodrome members are coming from, will find it all again on this album which promises to be one of the “must have” of 2017!

Gizmodrome has been recorded in Milan and produced by Claudio Dentes. The experienced Italian/British producer has pushed the four talents to set the bar very high, never allowing them to play in their comfort zone. There was in fact only one rule in the studio: everything is allowed to create magic music and an album that would last the test of time!

The debut album that resulted is in fact a one-of-a-kind combination of all that made the musicians famous. The nervous genius of Copeland on drums, the incredible bass and backing vocals of Mark King, the guitars and the vocal parts by Adrian Belew that made many King Crimson albums milestones of progressive and alternative (not to mention his work with Frank Zappa). Never strange just for the sake of it, this is the album of 2017 for all fans of intelligent pop rock.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    black sheriff and latheofheaven like this.
  19. imarcq

Yeah me too! Time for bed! :)

20. latheofheaven

Wow, I new nothing about this. I've seen Adrian Belew a few times with Crimson and a few times by himself. One of THE best damn guitarists on the planet, period!

Thanks for the further explanation. This does sound great and I will check it out!

Cheers! :tiphat:

black sheriff and imarcq like this.
  21. imarcq

You're welcome. I saw Adrian a couple of times when I lived in Sydney. He was really nice and signed all my vinyl too :) I'd never heard of this new collaboration until it popped up on a late night TV doco. I thought it reminded me more of Stuart Copeland's stuff than Adrian's own power trio, although the playing is still amazing! Adrian said in the interview that he suddenly became "available" for this project after Trent Rezner dumped him at the last minute from the NIN tour.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  22. latheofheaven

Hell Yeah! Just ordered the sucker :D WOW, if the snippets on Amazon are ANY representation of the album, they all sound frigg'n AWESOME!

Our poor li'l US dollar is a REAL P***y at that moment, so from the UK it ran a bit high, but I snagged it here at the US Amazon shipped for around $20. WELL worth it from what I heard. The bass lines alone were intriguing enough to get my attention. And, I'm ASSUMING it was Belew doing the REALLY funny, cool singing...

I OWE you one mate! [​IMG]

Cheers!

imarcq likes this.
  23. imarcq

No problemo! I wondered if it might be cheaper for you stateside. Enjoy!

24. latheofheaven

From what I heard, easily one of THE best damn new things I've come across in a while! :righton:

imarcq likes this.
  25. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Re: Gizmodrome, I lucked into a mint/sealed copy in a used bin just before Christmas. Terrific album, highly recommended.

Arjan, imarcq and latheofheaven like this.