Beatles Mono VINYL box set (Part #16)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by hodgo, Nov 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

It really is and it took me many years to realise it. I noticed how good it was lately as I got a rare UK mono pressing but it needed cleaning and is a bit scratchy. I played it a few times and it was better than I expected, in condition and music. It sounds OK.

2. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

Amazon has a generous return policy. If it doesn't meet your satisfaction, you can return it.

3. AnalogJ

The mono is a fold-down.

4. Jayseph

Jayseph Somewhere Between Penny Lane & Alphabet St.

Ok, I gotta thank you all who recommended Music Vaultz. I didn’t get a Mono Box because I already have one (and I don’t think I could explain it to the hubby without divorce proceedings), but I DID pick up a Stereo Box which I did not get when it was released for a very nice price (better than the Mono actually). I know it is not as good as the Mono quality wise, but the Mono Box needed company. Shipped and awaiting delivery.

5. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

No Problem.

Just received the 2012 Stereo Please Please Me LP from Amazon US...Made In Germany on the back! Only $17.99 plus shipping and tax.
    I am going to have to get the mono White Album LP from Amazon next.

6. Tuck1977

Tuck1977 Forum Resident

Just buy it then whatever is damaged you can replace with separate releases then send back to amazon as damaged. When i ordered the box from Amazon I went though 2 boxes switched over the best bits, then had to switch over a separate revolver too. In the end I got what I had paid in the first place a mint mono box set. If memory is correct you can open vinyl and reseal.

Mr. Explorer and Benno123 like this.
  7. HappyCycler

HappyCycler Forum Resident

Man, realising how lucky I was to pick this up from the official Beatles store for 230 last year.

bluejimbop, Tuck1977 and AnalogJ like this.
  8. notesfrom

notesfrom Forum Resident

It's anything from a ripped outer box, to someone having throw the box set into a much bigger box with a couple air bubble stuffers and shipping it; the sheer weight of the box makes it move around and bust open inside the shipping box. Usually the albums don't get crushed, since the shipping box is too narrow for the albums to stay anything but flat. Again, it varies according to the amazon packer (how badly they pack it).

I got one from off the amazon waivers and it was literally a re-taped up Mono Lp Box with the shipping sticker stuck onto the outside of the Box set; they didn't even bother to put it in a shipping box. But I only paid $150 for it, so I did not complain. Nothing was damaged except the box itself.

Benno123 likes this.
  9. Dinstun

Dinstun Forum Resident

The Hey Jude LP would give you "The Ballad of John and Yoko" and "Old Brown Shoe", which do not appear in the mono box. All other tracks would be duplicates of the mono versions. You could just include the stereo single, but I suppose that would be awkward in a box of LPs.

The Hey Jude LP has not been pressed to vinyl since the late 1980s.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    Mr. Explorer likes this.
  10. Tartifless

Tartifless Forum Resident

I found room for the red and blue compilations along with LIB and AR

Mr. Explorer and Dinstun like this.
  11. SteevG

SteevG Forum Resident

Thanks to you all here my mono box should be delivered today. I'll have 3 copies of all of the mono records.

P.S.

Revolution is cut so hot on the Mono Masters that I had to add weight to my cartridge to keep it in the grooves, thought I had a skip/scratch until I played both copies (Mono Box and individual I bought). Just sounds phenomenal!

jamiesjamies and Tuck1977 like this.
  12. Tartifless

My at cart tracks well at 1.4g.
    What's your cart ?

13. SteevG

SteevG Forum Resident

I have an AT brand. Cart is purple, forget the model but it'a a decent one.

I had it at 1.8g. Took it to 1.5. Seemed to work well there. Also adjusted the anti-skating. It's cool, when Ringo does the snare/tomtom roll you can see the cart shaking. No other cut in all of my collection does that.

14. SteevG

SteevG Forum Resident

Actually had to lighten my cartridge, sorry for the error.

15. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

Did anyone receive a box from Music Vaultz. Was hoping it’s shipped in the original carton. Never ordered from them before.

16. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

I’ll know in a few days, I just received my shipping notice from them about 10 minutes ago! All indications I have read online is that they are a very good company and ships with care. I hope that turns out to be true!

Jerry Horne likes this.
  17. AnalogJ

You're actually better off on the heavier setting than on the lighter end of things. Mistracking will more likely happen at too light a setting, when a dynamic passage will cause the arm to bounce around the groove. Too heavy and it will merely wear too much. Just make sure the anti-skate is measure correctly.

SteevG and Mr. Explorer like this.
  18. Derek Slazenger

Derek Slazenger Specs, rugs & rock n roll

Well I just ordered a backup 'stinker' off Amazon UK! £287. Ridiculous, I know, but if the sleeves and records are in good shape I can pack my minter away and use the knackers :) If not I can return it so win/win I guess :) I do agree that these will be insane money before long unless/until they're repressed.

19. teag

teag Forum Resident

Just got my 2nd box from Music Direct. Great packaging as always.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  20. SteevG

SteevG Forum Resident

Just got mine today. Actually shipped from Universal Music, Ontario Canada... Ordered from Music Vaultz. It came in a cardboard box with Styrofoam "bumpers" protecting the box. Arrived in perfect shape except the outbox had a few small dings.

Very happy.

21. SteevG

SteevG Forum Resident

I think it was definitely the anti-skating setting being off/unchecked by me for who knows how long.

22. CraigBic

CraigBic Forum Resident

Since I'm pretty late to this party it would be interesting to see what number of the White Album all you recent purchasers of the Mono box got. Mine was 9002771 and my individual copy that I bought in 2015 was 9055767 I thought maybe they printed 50k box sets which are now sitting around in various warehouses and then started to print singles.

SteevG likes this.
  23. SteevG

SteevG Forum Resident

The White Album I received in my Mono Box today : 9062174

One from the Mono Box ordered before they were released : 9016362

My stand alone copy (from amazon) is : 9047380

CraigBic likes this.
  24. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

I got an individual 9055852 in the last couple of months. I haven’t unpacked my box yet.

CraigBic likes this.
  25. Tartifless

Purple is surely the at440mla or mlb

SteevG likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.