Cheap used CD copies of long OOP, Moog: The Electric Eclectics of Dick Hyman, on ebay

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Platterpus, Jan 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member Thread Starter

As many here know, I love Moog music especially those albums where the Moog was the main instrument used. I bought this CD when it came out and it's a favorite of mine. The CD came out on Varese Sarabande in 1997 and was OOP by mid last decade. Plus three bonus tracks from the second Dick Hyman album "The Age Of Electronicus." Also contains the full length version of "The Minotaur" that was issued as a single. The original album version was a shorter edit. Plus the song "The Moog And Me" that was used in the 1985 movie "Mask" but is not on the soundtrack for that movie. This CD is hard to find cheap but there are a few for sale used on eBay, at or below the price I paid for mine:

moog dick -moon in Music CDs | eBay

Moog: The Electric Eclectics of Dick Hyman - Dick Hyman | Songs, Reviews, Credits | AllMusic

Dick Hyman ‎- Moog - The Electric Eclectics Of Dick Hyman (1969) FULL ALBUM

rediffusion likes this.
  2. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Kudos for Mr. Hyman for all his excellent work in (many!) Woody Allen films!

Platterpus likes this.
  3. Platterpus

I like his organ music as well.

spanky1 likes this.
  4. Platterpus

Surprised this CD is still up for sale on eBay and cheap, $13.99 plus free shipping.

5. davefs

davefs Well-Known Member

Ha bought this some years ago before it went OOP. We had the LP back in the day and it got played at lot. A fun listen!

Platterpus likes this.
  6. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

After hearing 'The Minotaur" in 1969 on Subterranean Circus, a one-hour show on Sunday nights on WCFL AM1000 in Chicago IL and hosted by Ron Britain (billed as "America's First Psychedelic Disc Johnny"), I went out and bought the 45 which I still have.

I've just emailed Mr. Hyman regarding a possible re-issue.
    If I receive a response...

Platterpus and MartyTem like this.
  7. Platterpus

The Dick Hyman "Moog: The Electric Eclectics" album is still available on the Omni records label which is now defunct AFAIK but there still is stock available despite it being OOP. It is paired with the Mary Mayo/Dick Hyman collaboration album Moon Gas. The OOP Varese Sarabande CD had 3 bonus tracks from the second Moog album but they are not present on this Omni reissue. The second Dick Hyman Moog album "The Age of Electronicus" is long overdue for a CD reissue IMO:

https://www.amazon.com/Moon-Gas-Moo...TF8&qid=1548372380&sr=1-2&keywords=dick+hyman

Dick Hyman Moog in Music CDs | eBay

8. dance_hall_keeper

dance_hall_keeper Forum Resident

Received last night:
    I have no news about any new release of the Moog material. There may be something I haven’t been told, but the last album I am aware of was on Varese-Saraband. Thanks for your interest.

Dick Hyman

clhboa and rtalwani like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.