King Crimson - Next Box Set Speculation

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Craig Williams, Feb 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Craig Williams

Craig Williams Forum Resident Thread Starter

Another box set covering In The Court maybe? Ready for the 50th anniversary next year? The stuff from Epitaph could do with a reissue.

2. makedatmusic

makedatmusic Forum Resident

A 50th anniversary box set for "Court..." will probably happen in 2019.
    This year they are working on reissues for both "The Construkction of Light" and "The Power to Believe", and there will probably be a box set celebrating this entire incarnation of the band.

:)

3. brew ziggins

brew ziggins Forum Prisoner

What I would ask Santa for is a compilation of all the improvs from the Heavy Constukction tour.

Robin Redbreast likes this.
  4. GreggF

GreggF Forum Resident

Someone asked producer David Singleton at a meet & greet what is next and he said there was enough material to do a Robert Fripp 'Exposure' box.

5. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

The Construkction of Light through The Power to Believe with a lot of live material included and video. Something for the 50th on in the Court with Blu Ray to complete the collection in 2019. It might be possible to include Exposure then too, as it would be the 40th anniversary. DGM like to stagger these out. So next release won't be for several month.

makedatmusic likes this.
  6. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

Now I would like that

mark winstanley and makedatmusic like this.
  7. coniferouspine

coniferouspine Forum Resident

They already did a big deluxe box on Court way back when, so it's got to be something else.

A League of Gentlemen box would be cool, but I think most of the shows are already available for download on DGM. I bought a bunch of them but I can't remember now. Although it's not King Crimson, the League of Gentlemen seems to me to be a period that is ripe for more historical documentation and exploration. They were a kicking, scrappy little band that had a lot of energy and potential but somehow never quite got the optimal perfect document; the gigs were so much better than the record. With such fast and punky music, they seem like the type of band that alternate takes and rehearsal versions etc., could be really quite different and interesting. I wonder what else exists on video or on multi-tracks for them.

8. gillcup

gillcup Senior Member

I'd like to see a Frippertronics box set. A lot of those concerts are available for download, but I'd like to have them on pressed CD's.

9. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

I'd like a Fripp 'Soundscapes' box !!!

proedros, Dave Thompson, jlf and 6 others like this.
  10. Chew

Chew Casual Stalker

Or how about "The Drive to 81" Fripp box, focusing on his first 3 solo albums (Exposure, God Save The Queen/Under Heavy Manners, and Let The Power Fall). I'm not sure I would want a 10 disc box set that only contained Exposure material.

11. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Actually it wasn't that big compared to how they started doing their box sets after that one. There is lots of room for improvement on that box to bring it up to the same standard as the others.

Craig Williams likes this.
  12. Roberto899

Roberto899 Forum Resident

I would love this too.

ponkine likes this.
  13. Deaf_in_ LA_1974

Deaf_in_ LA_1974 Forum Resident

I would like to see the 24 cd box sets split into 12 disk sets at a price point of 49.99 and be enough printed to not go out of print so fast.

klockwerk likes this.
  14. GreggF

GreggF Forum Resident

petem1966 likes this.
  15. MichaelCPE

MichaelCPE Forum Resident

I doubt that there is much material for the Court period not already released.

What I would like to see for this 'box' is not another big box, but just one (or two if needed) blu rays with everything on them in hi-rez

I'm also very much hoping that DGM continue to do as they did with the Sailor's Tales box and have everything on the blu rays for all their future box sets.

And though the packaging of these boxes is wonderful, and the many discs make the boxes seem better value, it would be great to have the option to buy just the blu-rays. For me just the blu rays would become MUST BUY when the full price box set is a bit too costly for that material to justify a purchase.

I doubt that this will happen - but I can wish :)

Anthrax likes this.
  16. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

It wasn't that much compare with the subsequent sets, and didn't include much more material than just the DVD-A. Possibly there was some material from Epitaph that wasn't on it (Would have to look). The big draw would be Blu Ray audio though.

17. James5001

James5001 Forum Resident

I love KC but I'm all box setted out man

18. Erick Haight

Erick Haight We all float down here

It's not quite canon, but I'd love some collection of the Sylvian/Fripp years. Perhaps after all the proper KC stuff gets released...

19. BurtThomasWard

BurtThomasWard Guided by Loke In Memoriam

It is not really big (she said) or particularly good, that box set. It doesn't fit in with the design or content of the others, the material for the box is bad and it is much smaller (Ma'am), so I am pretty confident that a new one will happen next year.

This year's box is covering the only part of the band's history that I have no idea about what so ever. I'm sorta excited.

20. Fletch

Fletch Senior Member

[​IMG]

seasonsinthesky likes this.
  21. audiotom

audiotom I can not hear a single sound as you scream

and where would the box reside?

Your house, my house, your house, my house......

22. CBS 65780

CBS 65780 "Could I do one more immediately?"

Daryl Hall Sacred Songs
    Not completely impossible?

Sebastian saglimbenI likes this.
  23. matthew2600

matthew2600 Forum Resident

Not going to happen but what about a compilation of non-KC Fripp productions and guest spots (Daryl Hall, Roches, Talking Heads, etc.) I went through some old threads and made a mixtape along these lines, it's probably more accessible than some of the other things mentioned above. You could sell it at Walmart!

GreggF likes this.
  24. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

This

audiotom and seasonsinthesky like this.
  25. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

Exposure would be wonderful I think.
    I would also be interested in MORE ITCOTCK rarities... (50th)
    There must be so many tapes that were made at Fulham. and,
    I am immensely interested ...
    Please consider.

Sebastian saglimbenI and DaveJ like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.