Which Led Zeppelin live show(s) will Jimmy Page release in 2018?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Daniel Falaschi, Jan 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

I would love to see a career spanning live collection because it would be a way to issue highlights from concerts that are not good candidates on their own for individual release.

2. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

All career spanning collections do is make me want the rest of the shows and I hate compilations where SQ/recording levels vary from track to track

3. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Kind of like the 2003 DVD!
    I hope this time they have maybe a three disc sampler and a 20 disc main Uber deluxe version.
    An extras highlights would be most welcome after the main course.But then I want everything!

4. Ok by me!

steveharris likes this.
  5. steveharris

Me too bro!

You know I didn`t like the edits that had to match the visuals and some of the phasing/flanger whatever effects.But I don`t know what Shirley`s mixes would have sounded like if they were complete and mastered better,not to mention the original 76 mixes.Maybe still not so good?Just thinking out loud here while waiting.TSRTS still is an important release I consider core essential.Page might be satisfied and consider the 2007 definitive.If anything further was issued I would welcome it!:D

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    Haggis Wampovich likes this.
  6. guyglans

guyglans New Member

Why is it that the Who release live material,though dont seem to have problems with copywrite,at least it seems.Their live albums contain, YMB,SB,SAO,ect.All covers.Is it because Townsend happily pays the royalties knowing the public will pleased with his decision.Or is it old Led Wallet is to friggin tight?C,mon Jimmy lift your game.Give the fans the enjoyment they deserve.After all it is a celebration,so Lets have a party.Give the loyal fans what they want.
    I apologise for the digression.Having said that i want all of this with minimal edits.Japan 71,montreaux 70,Bath 70.EC 75.With all the audio and visuals where possible.
    My 2 cents.

7. steveharris

Such a long way off.What would you guys consider to be a worst case scenerio for new audio in September?

8. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective Thread Starter

"superdeluxe" TSRTS

9. Bewaremylove

Bewaremylove Forum Resident

It would be sweet if a super deluxe edition would include the entire concert film of the band's performance, without the weird cut scenes. If that can't be done, at least splice The Ocean into the movie, not added on as an extra/ deleted scene. That's one of the best moments of the whole concert for me. I love watching Jimmy dancing around and having a great time on that one.

10. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Can’t happen.

eddiel likes this.
  11. steveharris

Just curious if the 2007 vinyl is still in print,anybody know?

12. smoke

smoke Forum Resident

13. pablorkcz

pablorkcz ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

screechmartin likes this.
  14. nolazep

nolazep Burrito Enthusiast

The "Japanese Connection" just announced a one-track CD of Immigrant Song in "perfect soundboard" from the 9-29-71 Osaka show, so that's where my money is.

DrBeatle and geisha78 like this.
  15. featheredfiend

featheredfiend Forum Resident

I hope this is true, as you could probably get a REALLY strong release by cherry-picking the best performances across the multiple nights.

I'd also love to learn that a Soundboard recording exists of the legendary "Listen To This Eddie" bootleg, which is a great audience recording from the LA Forum on June 21, 1977....one of the extremely rare nights on that tour when Robert and Jimmy were both in fine form.

ohnothimagen likes this.
  16. Does perfect soundboard mean it sounds like a multitrack? What does a perfect soundboard sound like?

17. geisha78

geisha78 Forum Resident

The multi tracks for at least the Osaka shows have pretty much always known to exist.

keef285 likes this.
  18. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Probably similar to this

Sean, keef285, misteranderson and 2 others like this.
  19. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Yeah should be available. Even if no longer in print there should be copies available at retail still. But I think it's still in print.

20. misteranderson

misteranderson Forum Resident

Love it, especially JPJ's raw, funky bass tone.

Unfortunately, I can hear where Jimmy might make some edits in his solo. A couple moments of sticky fingers here and there.

floyd likes this.
  21. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

Is the whole of that concert available in that quality or just that track?

22. misteranderson

Not available just yet. Wouldn't surprise me if somebody's hoarding it, other than Jimmy :D.

It and the next night are incredible shows. The audience recording circulating for the 28th isn't very good, so hearing the whole show or most of it like that clip would be beyond cool.

23. The ones used as the basis for the 2 disc Trouble No More would qualify.Listening to these it is hard to believe they are from soundboard cassettes.

24. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

When it came to audience recordings of those shows around that time I always finding myself going back to the 23rd, I know the 29th is the most famous one but I think that the overall balance of the 23rd is great to jam out to! Any show from that period would be amazing to get

steveharris likes this.
  25. misteranderson

Dylan? Yeah, some artists have fantastic sounding SBD recordings. I don't think any of Zeppelin's soundboards truly qualify as good enough to warrant official releases. They tend to be very dry and somewhat lifeless. They are clear and up front-sounding, and a massive improvement on almost all audience tapes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.