Movies You Love That No One Else Does.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by wayneklein, Nov 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

The Black Pearl

2. samthesham

samthesham Forum Resident

Greasers Palace 1972
    A zoot suited Messiah lands in the Old West.

Liquid Sky 1983
    Aliens thrive on dopamine levels from smack in stylish NYC modeling business.

3. Nowhere

Nowhere Well-Known Member

My pick would have to be 1998’s MTV classic Dead Man on Campus, featuring Tom Everett Scott and Mark-Paul Gosselaar (of Saved by the Bell fame.) I’m pretty sure my brothers and me are the only people who liked this film when it came out..

“Kiss.. my.. ****... it’s the name of the bleedin’ group”. Hehe.

BadJack likes this.
  4. Cruising (1980) - directed by William Friedkin, staring Al Pacino.

I've seen a lot of people call the film many sour names on this forum, and outside, as well, but I love it.

I find it one of the most fascinating, if not seediest, thrillers of all time. It screws with the mind.

At the time it was made, many homosexuals protested the film, out of the fear that people would think the movie represented all homosexual lifestyles. The movie ended up being accurate, that it portrayed the small, yet thriving, leather scene in New York during the late '70s.

Call it what you will, but it's unlike any other film on the planet.

5. Parachute Woman

Parachute Woman Forum Resident

Grease 2.

I was obsessed with both Grease films when I was a kid. I had a VHS 2-pack of them and watched both of them probably hundreds of times. It wasn't until I grew up that I found out most people loathe Grease 2 and it is considered one of the worst sequels ever. Sure, it is completely silly but those songs are so catchy!

6. Borgia

Borgia Do not speak wisely of this night

Vigilante Force. I must have been 15 or 16 when it came out. Me & my cuz saw it at the local theater, I was enthralled by it for some reason. It must gave been close to 30 years before I saw it again, I still like it...

[​IMG]

7. dirwuf

dirwuf Misplaced Chicagoan

More American Graffiti

8. Hadean75

Hadean75 Forum Moonlighter

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
    Love the movie and the soundtrack.....:hide:

[​IMG]

9. Spaghettiows

Spaghettiows Forum Resident

:hurl::hurl::hurl:

Rick Bartlett and Hadean75 like this.
  10. Hadean75

Hadean75 Forum Moonlighter

Hey, I never said I had GOOD taste lol. :laugh:

11. dgstrat

dgstrat Senior Member

Murder By Death

Pinknik and Pete Puma like this.
  12. One Trick Pony

13. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I think that one's too obscure to be viewed as a movie no one else likes - not enough people remember it to dislike it! :D

I saw it as a kid and enjoyed it. To my surprise, I still liked it a lot when I saw it on DVD in 2001:

Murder By Death (1976)

dgstrat likes this.
  14. dgstrat

dgstrat Senior Member

Tons of classic lines in that. HBO ran it all the time when I was a kid, so I saw it often. Still think it's hilarious.

Oatsdad likes this.
  15. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Too bad it's not on Blu-ray!

Like my review notes, I normally don't much like parodies, but "MbD" is pretty good. Would see it again if it ever did hit BD...

dgstrat likes this.
  16. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member

This one:

I love this damn film. So much so that when I got my vintage DeVry projector, this was the first feature I bought on 35MM. The trailer has a bunch of scenes that never made the final cut. Tom Hanks was seriously fantastic at comedy and one wishes he would have done more after he went "legit".

"Let me tell you something, Streebeck. There are two things that clearly differentiate the human species from animals. One, we use cutlery. Two, we're capable of controlling our sexual urges. Now, you might be an exception, but don't drag me down into your private Hell!!!"

Pete Puma likes this.
  17. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

Life Stinks, Town and Country, Kuffs, Cool as Ice, The Incredible Shrinking Woman, Rock of Ages, What About Bob,The Flintstones, Its Pat

18. Shakes The Clown, Shock Treatment & Repo: The Genetic Opera.

19. Jesse Reiswig

Jesse Reiswig Zen Master of Playlists

Brian De Palma's "Hi, Mom!" from 1970.

20. BadJack

BadJack doorman who always high-fives children of divorce

My sister and I still quote this movie on occasion, usually a Cliff line. She has the excuse of being 12 when it came out though, which I...don't.

21. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

? - I thought everyone loved that one!

22. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

I'll admit to watching that one FAR too often. Not so much because I really liked it but just because Alyson Hannigan :love: was in it (so was Jason Segal before they got TV-married. not quite as cool, maybe, as Aly and Seth Green being together in 'My Stepmother's An Alien', but still almost kind of noteworthy) and, during the height of Buffy's popularity, that was more than enough.

23. usrlocal

usrlocal Nice and Smooth

David Lynch's "Dune"
    "Ishtar"

24. Khaki F

Khaki F Forum Resident

"People think my money is there to make raids on... as if it weren't part of me... like a precious organ..."

[​IMG]

25. usrlocal

usrlocal Nice and Smooth

I guess I'd also add Bob Rafelson's "Head", although that appears to have experienced a critical reappraisal in the past few years (even has a Criterion DVD/Blu-Ray treatment).

BadJack likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.