What's a record that you know exists but you've never been able to find?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Crowley, Feb 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beamish13

Beamish13 Forum Resident

2. Octowen

Octowen Forum Resident

A US pressing of 10cc's album "Ten Out of 10" that has the UK track listing.

3. ChrisInKansas

ChrisInKansas Forum Resident

The last 45 we need to complete our Top 40 Country Singles From The 1980s list: Curtis Wright, "She's Got A Man On Her Mind", 1989, Airborne Records. The label was having financial problems when it was released and folded soon after. The single just barely hit the top 40, so I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have sold nearly any copies, assuming any hit stores. I know it exists, but we've never seen one for sale in 15+ years. Anyone know of one for sale????

GerryO likes this.
  4. owsley

owsley Senior Member

A Columbia Care Of Cell 44 is the kind of record you could potentially find for $2 at a used record store, record show or flea market if you did a ton of digging and devoted your life to finding cheap :)
    Lots of people have no clue about that Zombies record or what it's worth. But it is insanely rare.

SixOClockBoos likes this.
  5. owsley

owsley Senior Member

I assume your Canadian grail collection includes the Haunted, Rabble, Ugly Ducklings and Les Miserables lp's.

6. ChrisInKansas

ChrisInKansas Forum Resident

So many late 80s country CDs are ghosts.

7. MadMelMon

MadMelMon Forum Resident

I lived in Japan for six years, and for three of those years I went record shopping between three and five times a week (no, I'm not exaggerating. Long story.) Obviously, I hit every nook and cranny in Tokyo, the surrounding areas, and a lot of places in occasional trips to Osaka.

Not once did I ever see a copy of this. And oh, I was looking.

Asei Kobayashi / Micky Yoshino* / Godiego - House (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)

Marc Perman and zombiemodernist like this.
  8. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

Tool - Aenima....at least an affordable copy in good shape

ndoheny likes this.
  9. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

Too many things. I've learned to deal with it.
    My holy grail was the 10" Xanadu picture disc. I came so close. I was calling record stores in New York when news of it first leaked. The one store told me they had one and I said I'll take it. When they checked they found out it was sold a few days earlier. Never happening now! Oh, well. . .

10. MacMan2007

MacMan2007 Forum Resident

A good condition original pressing of Black Sabbath’s first album for less than my first born.

michanes and Partyslammer like this.
  11. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Really? That exists beyond possibly a test pressing?

12. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Not rare. Long out of print. But not rare. It got a standard Warner Bros press run when it came out, including promos. In the late '70s, you could buy it as a cutout for about $1 wholesale (I bought and sold a bunch of them for a record department I was managing).

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  13. Ash76

Ash76 Wait actually yeah no

I saw a copy about a month after I started collecting records dirt cheap from a radio station. I didn't get it because it had the radio station writing all over it and I thought I would easily see another copy. Five years later I'm still looking

Cronverc likes this.
  14. ndoheny

ndoheny Forum Resident

I used to see the Pet Sounds/Carl and the Passions around a lot. I still see them from time to time. They are still pretty common. I will say this I have acquired every pressing but the AP and the DCC. The combo you are looking for sounds the best of what I have and that includes the brown version with the same mastering and the green label one from the 80’s. I have never felt the need to upgrade as I love the combo’s sound.

15. ndoheny

ndoheny Forum Resident

Don’t give up. I found mine at the height of vinyl mania just a year ago in the wild and for relatively cheap considering what they go for. I even found the super rare version missing the BMG on the back.

richbdd01 likes this.
  16. mikeja75

mikeja75 Forum Resident

Yeah -- this isn't too rare. I'm in the midwest and I see this every once in a while -- after I bought a copy for myself.

17. Octowen

Octowen Forum Resident

Supposedly.

10cc - Ten Out Of 10

I'm a bit doubtful though, considering there are no pictures.

18. Mugrug12

Mugrug12 The Jungle Is a Skyscraper

Brenda and the Tabulations self titled lp. Where is it??!!!

phillyal1 likes this.
  19. elibolin

elibolin Forum Resident

Original 2 LP promo pressing of Laura Nyro's 'Season of Lights'. People have posted their copies here on their boards.

Panama Hotel likes this.
  20. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

All those great Count Five albums Lester Bangs wrote about.

GerryO, troggy, Farmer Mike and 3 others like this.
  21. LitHum05

LitHum05 El Disco es Cultura

Keep looking. I found one (trashed, but still...) for under $5.00.

22. LitHum05

LitHum05 El Disco es Cultura

Only about 10k on discogs. You can buy either that or 3/4 of a new car.

hi_watt likes this.
  23. zebop

zebop Well Known Stranger

Isaac Hayes-Truck Turner- Quadraphonic. I have Shaft and Tough Guys on Quad, can't find Truck Turner....

24. Hamhead

Hamhead The Bear From Delaware

I've been searching for these LP's for ages, they exist but I can't find them:

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    drift, bekayne, troggy and 5 others like this.
  25. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

I'll try to make a note. I'm hitting a shop later this week that sells juke box 45s. I've seen lots of late 80s / early 90s country in his stock.

GerryO, ChrisInKansas and troggy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.