The Brady Bunch Blog

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by PaulKTF, Feb 14, 2017.

1. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

An audio/video collection from another site that I belong to.

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  2. tdavis0903

tdavis0903 Forum Resident

Huge fan since watching the show Friday nights with family, great memories of this and Partridge Family, and of course watching reruns enough to memorize every line of every show. Able to identify probably 90% of the episodes from the house shot lol.

I'm finally at a place in career where I can afford to travel each summer, and my first trip to Hawaii is booked. And since I'm posting in this thread, you know that the most exciting and I'm sure emotional site visit to start the trip will be Pearl Harbor and the Arizona Memorial. That 3-part episode is amazing, and that part of what was a family and comedy show is so respectful and well done with Mike reading the inscription. I can't wait.

I hope I'm not tempting fate, but I found a site on the Internets that sells replica taboo idols, it looks exact, hanging in kitchen with some other travel chachkis. Maybe I'll leave it home so the plane doesn't...

3. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

If you end up getting kidnaped by a crazy prospector at some point, don't blame us.... :)

MikaelaArsenault and Hep Alien like this.
  4. tdavis0903

tdavis0903 Forum Resident

Oh Oliver, Oliver! :laugh:

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  5. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

Not sure if this is the place to post this, but I was at Walmart earlier tonight and they had the complete series of "The Brady Bunch" for (IIRC) $39.96...

Hep Alien and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  6. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

Wow, that's about $8 a season- a great value for someone who doesn't have the series.

7. Grand_Ennui

Yeah, I thought so too... I'll probably pick it up next time I'm in there...

8. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

He just might! I had a question for him about his "updated" book about 10 years ago and he emailed me back about it.

9. MikeInFla

Sounds awesome! I've seen those idols for sale too! Buy one and take it with you and I sure you will be fine.... But if you hear this AT ANY TIME while wearing it, LOOK OUT!

10. MikaelaArsenault

Was it the shag carpet cover?

11. MikaelaArsenault

Still no response back from him or Mike Lookinland... :(

Hep Alien likes this.
  12. Grand_Ennui

No, this one is a box of sorts, with the DVDs on plastic "pages", of which each side holds two DVDs... I wish I were better at describing things, but if you've looked at Walmart, they have/had quite a few different series packaged this way... For instance, my "Andy Griffith Show" seasons 1-5 set is packaged this way, as is "Happy Days" seasons 1-6, and "Gunsmoke" seasons 1-4 and 5-7...

If they had individual seasons in stock on the shows I mentioned, I would have bought those because I like individual packages, and the "pages" I mentioned are kind of a pain in the *** when you go to take the DVDs off, but still, for the price(s), you really can't beat it... I mean as far as I know, these big packs contain any and all extras that would have been included in individual releases-these are just repackaged...

13. MikaelaArsenault

So it's not the complete series with the shag carpet cover?

Grand_Ennui likes this.
  14. Steve Carras

Steve Carras Golden Retriever

15. questrider

questrider Forum Resident

The shag carpeting one is out of print, I believe, and this one—with plastic "pages" as @Grand_Ennui references—replaced it.

[​IMG]

The Taxi complete series set I recently picked up also has the plastic "pages" book setup as well.

I picked up this The Brady Bunch complete series set through Amazon for $26.99 just before Christmas last year. I poured through it over the holidays and it was the first time I'd watched the series in its entirety since childhood. And it never looked better (I'm not sure an HD remastering from the original negatives, etc., would make it look all that better). The one thing that annoyed me binge-watching it is after a while you want to skip the intro with the song (as sing-songy and nostalgic as it is) but somewhere during the third or fourth season the second chapter of the episodes started after the first commercial break (Act II) whereas the first, second, and fifth season definitely had chapter two be the beginning of the episode after the intro. Not a big deal, but a surprise that someone messed up the chapter stops on a string of episodes.

Grand_Ennui and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  16. MikeInFla

I saw Maureen on My Three Sons last night. Ernie has two dates to a school dance and one of them is Maureen. I never knew she appeared on My Three Sons.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. MikaelaArsenault

Look at how CUTE she looked back then.

18. Grand_Ennui

No, it's like the one questrider posted in message # 464...

Actually, while I did mention I think the way this complete series set is packaged can kind of be a pain when you go to removed the DVDs off the "pages", I guess this new packaging is still better than the original complete series packaging (the "shag carpet" packaging), where, as I mentioned in a previous post, I've heard the DVDs had issues with scratches and I believe some ended up with glue on them as well...

19. Steve Carras

Steve Carras Golden Retriever

I love your very Brady profile.

MikaelaArsenault and Hep Alien like this.
  20. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

ERNIE! That girl totally wants it dude. And who's gonna give it to her? You, my man.

MikaelaArsenault and MikeInFla like this.
  21. MikaelaArsenault

Thank you. :)

I just changed my avatar to the shag carpet cover, because it looks better than the current purple one.

22. MikeInFla

23. MikaelaArsenault

24. MikaelaArsenault

25. MikaelaArsenault