Marillion concert in Atlanta

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DEG, Feb 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DEG

DEG Sparks ^^^ Thread Starter

Boy, this was atreat. They played in one of the best halls we have, The Variety Playhouse, and they blew the roof off. The sound was excellent, I think they were somewhat shocked how enthusiastic we southerners were. It was ~ 30 years since they last played here. Great experience. Lots of folks I chatted with before the show travel far and wide to see them. A+ performance. Not too loud, just right!

2. Who'sTommy

Who'sTommy Forum Resident

I saw them last year. I hadn't seen them live before, but I was really impressed. Crystal clear sound, fantastic light show, a string section for a couple of songs and of course, brilliant songs. Three hours of magic.

3. ytserush

ytserush Forum Resident

A few friends of mine flew down for this show, but I haven't gotten a report about it yet.

I'm glad that people in other parts of the country are getting to see them.

I wasn't doing a five hour drive to Pittsburgh on a weeknight.

4. DesertChaos

DesertChaos Forum Resident

JulesRules and ytserush like this.
  5. PTgraphics

PTgraphics Senior Member

I was at the Atlanta show. Great great show. They sounded sooo good. Just a great live band. First time I have seen them since the early 90s. That was up in NY. Well worth the 4 hour drive from SC and I even got to meet H. I had just parked the car and he was going to the bus. Got a quick photo with him so that was awesome. Chatted for a minutes and I was in total fan boy mode, ha. It was a great day even with all the rain and fog.

Pat

6. ytserush

ytserush Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.