Record Store Day "RSD" April 2018 Releases*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cwd, Feb 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AcidPunk15

AcidPunk15 Forum Resident

agreed!

2. Richard 1966

Richard 1966 Forum Resident

Lady Gaga – Fame Monster (Picture Disc) (Pict) – Vinyl

3. DHamilton

DHamilton Forum Resident

hard pass.

4. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

Depends on the picture. :D

5. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

This just reminds me that I made the unfortunate decision to buy the original release on 8-track.

LordThanos1969, uzn007 and Larry L like this.
  6. hi_watt

hi_watt The Road Warrior

Sweet!

I'll take

Dio 2018RSD - Sacred Heart (2LP/transparent red vinyl)
    Tangerine Dream 2018RSD - Zeit (2LP/orange vinyl)
    (Zeit on orange vinyl? Interesting color choice, but I'll take it nonetheless)
    Who 2018RSD - Live at the Isle of Wight Vol.1 (2LP/white vinyl)
    Who 2018RSD - Live at the Isle of Wight Vol.2

Christopher B, tinnox and Sean like this.
  7. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

I have zero interest in live albums and there are plenty of them on that list, but I am definitely interested in the Manfred Mann if they’re mono .

fiscus1, Neonbeam and giantleech like this.
  8. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

Neat! I already have a first print stereo copy of aerial ballet, and it being a 1968 release I’m not so sure that mono is the way to go. But I don’t have a copy of Pandemonium Shadow Show so I am totally down for that one.

Crimson Witch likes this.
  9. cwd

cwd Forum Resident Thread Starter

Looks like Culture Factory does the work for LMLR and the sources have not been impressive...per other threads on SHF...so, pass on everything so far.

uzn007 and JNTEX like this.
  10. Django

Django Forum Resident

I went to my first & probably last RSD last year. Didn't enjoy it at all. Ages queuing to get into the shop, queuing to pay. A frenzy of crowds ,a large percentage of assholes only there to get some U2 picture disc or yet another bowie boxset to flip online. Most of the records (IMHO) are over priced junk that I'm not interested in....triple live albums of dodgy gigs and the like. I much prefer to go into record shops there other 364 days of the year.

clasher, todd141, -=Rudy=- and 8 others like this.
  11. Partyslammer

Partyslammer Lord Of The New Church

No, but I would guess Spinefarm at least for Absolute Dissent and pressed via good ol' GZ Vinyl.

There is also talk that they may be up for another studio album. But with Killing Joke, you never know until the product is out there.

nosliw and c-eling like this.
  12. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

Excellent news Slammer, thanks. Yes the 2010 2x12 is just a re-leveled dog-log.
    Manufacturing wise, that and MMXII I have by GZ were fine. The 12inch 45 In Cythera is excellent sounding. Shame their latest output couldn't sound like that. :cheers:

13. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

Not all colored vinyl has pops and ticks. Years ago, yes, this appeared to be an issue...but I've recently bought three of the colored vinyl McCartney re-issues and they are as quiet as any good sounding black pressing (and I can say the same for the new Sgt. Pepper pic disc)

c-eling likes this.
  14. Partyslammer

I went through 3 copies of MMXII to get a good set thanks to significant warping along 1/3rd of the edge of one of the LPs. My black vinyl copy of AD is fine but my orange vinyl of the same title has some surface noise that won't clean out on several tracks. All my LP iterations of Pylon are great though and the 3 LP "In Dub" set is a flawless, wonderful sounding pressing.

nosliw and c-eling like this.
  15. c-eling

No kidding on Dub? Man I passed that one up thinking it'd be crap on wax.
    I had no idea GZ screwed up with some of these that bad. Sucks the inconsistency. Even when newly released these puppies weren't cheap.
    Any idea if the 2018 Absolute will see a US release? It's going to be a pretty penny trying to source one out of the UK.

16. cwd

Toilet paper, anyone, for the thread crap? So you're saying that you don't have any information about what might be coming out-the topic of this thread- please look elsewhere for the "I hate RSD" discussion thread, or feel free to start one. I wondered how long it would be before one of these popped up. And, FWIW, the idea that one must do RSDs OR "the other 364 days" (really 363 since two RSDs) is a false dilemma.

17. This Heat

This Heat Forum Resident

This would be great. The original is easily the worst sounding record I ever heard.

c-eling likes this.
  18. Partyslammer

No idea but I'd consider it a shock if it's not limited to UK/Europe, requiring us North Americaners to import it.

Regarding In Dub, I originally picked it up only because I'm a completist for KJ releases and am not a fan of Youth's mostly ambient remix efforts. I think I had it for a few months before cracking it open on a whim one lazy day and was surprised how nice the vinyl sounded. While I still didn't care for a lot of the remixes, there's a handful that I did like and the quality of the pressing went a long way towards my enjoying this album a lot more then I expected.

c-eling likes this.
  19. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

Announced for last years RSD but postponed until this one is, hopefully, the Frank Zappa coloured vinyl issue of the early 'primordial' Capitol version of Lumpy Gravy.

I hope it happens because I'd love a vinyl copy of this one.

jawaka1000 and JNTEX like this.
  20. c-eling

Thanks for the info Slammer, appreciated!
    I'll be keeping an eye out for both :cheers:

21. Deaf_in_ LA_1974

Deaf_in_ LA_1974 Forum Resident

There are definitely people that buy mostly colored wax, and will buy multiple colors of the same record if issued in variants. Many of them are on YouTube.
    The vinyl as collecting stamps folks.

I would say more folks at RSD into the rare limited colors and numbered pressings, than those into the music

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    DHamilton and OptimisticGoat like this.
  22. Django

Django Forum Resident

I don't hate RSD. I want it to continue. But I wasn't impressed. That's all I'm saying....

clasher, Dennis Metz, todd141 and 2 others like this.
  23. cwd

Say it somewhere else and thanks.

agn likes this.
  24. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Chapter 3?

kronning likes this.
  25. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Big Star RSD
    The Nazz
    The Byrds
    ???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.