Mobile Fidelity Vinyl One Step of SANTANA, BILL EVANS TRIO, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Drew769, Dec 1, 2015.

1. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

The Stevie's would have to be a Silver Banner One Step...

FledTetcher and FashionBoy like this.
  2. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Best of luck with the surgery. Here’s to a speedy recovery!

abor1g, Wired4Fun and Myke like this.
  3. Sam

Sam Senior Member

So when is S&G being released?

4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

1-800-449-8333

jbc777300 likes this.
  5. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

That's many millions of years away. :pleased:

giantleech and Bigbudukks like this.
  6. Wired4Fun

Wired4Fun Forum Resident

Thank you! Very kind :)

I am 12 hours post op, so in a few days I can hobble downstairs and tear open the box that has this, and Johnny Cash records inside.

Will feel like a nice reward after a tough start to the year :)

Who knows. Maybe one day I’ll find the Santana record I missed out on for a normal price... ok, that’s probably the drugs taking LOL!

Tommyboy likes this.
  7. Sam

Sam Senior Member

Whose number is that? Music direct? They won't give me an answer. I obviously asked that question when I preordered. I was hoping someone here had some INSIDE information. I mean so many here seem to have ALL the answers to everything, surely someone has an inside scoop to actual release dates. You people aren't digging down far enough! Now get back to work and get me an answer! :D

AtlTrav likes this.
  8. Guber

Guber Well-Known Member

Back on 1/15 I posted that Acoustic Sounds still hadn't delivered the Fagen One-Step that I ordered last summer. Good news. I received the Fagen from Acoustic Sounds last week. Just thought I would let everyone know. Better late than never.

9. Wired4Fun

Wired4Fun Forum Resident

I got my copy from a different place, last week.

Popped up as available, and I ordered it. Wonder if MoFi did a second batch of them recently? Not suggesting they made more than announced, but maybe they pressed them in batches?

Hence why yours arrived now, and I was able to get one at all?

Just a guess. I could be way off...

10. Bigbudukks

Bigbudukks Older, but no wiser.

That's perfect. You'll be retired and have plenty of time to listen to it through your genetically implanted ear trumpet.

Considering the timeline of the other UD1S pressings and their announcements It seems March or April aren't out of line for the rerlease of this one. You can quote me on this. It's a definite maybe.

AnalogJ likes this.
  11. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

There was quite a bit of dust and grit both on the outer box and on the jackets of my copy of The Nightfly (3108/6000) received from Music Direct. As a result, there are little microscratches all over both the outer box and jackets. In addition, there was damage to the top seams on both jackets, caused by the movement of the records in shipment (a common issue with MFSL vinyl). The records themselves were fine.

A little more attention to quality control would be appreciated.

The Beave likes this.
  12. AnalogJ

MANY reported the seam splits. Music Direct was able to send replacements by request. Call them.

bluejimbop likes this.
  13. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Thanks.

14. Wired4Fun

Wired4Fun Forum Resident

As a follow up to my notion above, mine arrived and is numbered in the 5500's. So, it seems as though the run of The Nightfly was completed in phases, or at least shipped that way.

15. AnalogJ

Music Matters jazz albums seem to have been done in the same way. They had a limit to the number of each edition, but seems to have made them in batches, not releasing each pressing of the particular reissue all at once.

Wired4Fun likes this.
  16. JustaGuy

JustaGuy Active Member

Any good storage ideas for these albums? I want easy access to the albums so I'm thinking of storing them in other sleeves and just Ark of the Covenanting the boxes Indiana Jones style. I would be interested to hear what you all are doing.

17. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

I usually store my box set boxes on the shelf with the LPs in plain white jackets w/ Mofi Inners shelved in between them.

I also fill the empty boxes with bolsters to help them keep their shape.

18. Myke

My Abraxas is in a box set plastic outer bag, with the flap held by a small piece of scotch tape.

19. rollo5

rollo5 Forum Reprobate

Has anyone heard rumors of when Bridge Over Troubled Water (or any of the other One Steps) is set for release? Also, has there been any rumor of Miles Smiles being a future One Step?

20. vintage_tube

vintage_tube Enjoying Life & Music

Today MD told me "about another month" (add salt :-popcorn:).

Best Sir,

Bob

FashionBoy, AnalogJ and rollo5 like this.
  21. Bigbudukks

Bigbudukks Older, but no wiser.

Considering the timelines of their other One Steps releases I would say this is just about right. I could be wrong but a pattern does seem to be emerging here. Perhaps we can make it a month, month and a half.

22. Myke

I've got 54 days left here, I'd like it to be my last package at this address. But I can wish in one hand, and crap in the other, and we all know which hand will fill up first. :help: :laugh:

23. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

Can anyone help me out....I’d like to ascertain at what point Music Direct charge for an order? Is it on despatch like Amazon would?

24. Bobsblkwax

Bobsblkwax Forum Resident

Yes, they charge when they ship.

richbdd01 and Myke like this.
  25. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Anything wrong with just putting them on a shelf? Hope not. That’s what I did.