New Seattle Record Store

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by nancybrooke, Feb 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nancybrooke

nancybrooke Not quite Senior Member Thread Starter

Fat Cat Records in Wallingford (4515 Meridian Ave N, just up from Murphy's) is having a soft opening on Saturday Feb 15th, from noon - 6pm. I will probably check it out 'cos it's in my neighborhood!

Fat Cat Records

2. Sounds like a great location, easy access for me from a few miles north. thanks for the heads up. :righton:

Gavinyl, Gasman1003 and Cardanken like this.
  3. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

Do you mean Thur. Feb. 15, or Sat. Feb. 17? Regardless, thanks for the heads up!

4. nancybrooke

Sorry, I meant the Saturday the 17th - typo!

MLutthans likes this.
  5. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

Cool. Thanks!

6. tvstrategies

tvstrategies Turtles, all the way down.

Anyone go? Does it have potential? Thanks

7. nancybrooke

I think they have potential if they can get some more new stock in - seems like some of the random stuff in the bins may have been in storage for awhile and it wasn't very interesting (at least to me, your mileage may vary) or in great condition. They were still working on getting product out, and seemed a little disorganized (hence the "soft opening.") They have been putting new arrivals on their Facebook page so you can get a better idea of what they're stocking. I'll probably give them a few weeks before I check them out again - still great to have a new record store in the neighborhood!

8. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

If they stick a bunch of Crosleys in the front window. You know...for the chicks...

"Honey...your $200 Radiohead Commemorative Record Store Day 180-gram import deluxe set doesn't sound all that great...and the more I played it on our new record player, it just sounds worse and worse..."

:eek: :yikes: :doh: :realmad:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  9. tvstrategies

tvstrategies Turtles, all the way down.

Oh, jeez, give us a break. I'll take OP's advice and wait a while. Based on my personal primary market research (actively seeking out stores during business travel in US, Europe & UK), Seattle is a way-above-average record store city; a high bar for this new Wallingford shop to meet

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    troggy likes this.
  10. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Just be aware, they don't have to be the best record store in the country...they just have to be the best record store in Wallingford...and then, the best record store hey can be for their customer base. Seattle does have some pretty nice vinyl vendors. But they don't have to live up to the expectations of all of them; they only need to turn a profit.

By the way, tvstrategies, what was the, "Jeez, give us a break" in reference to?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.