Your favourite Bear Family releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GodBlessTinyTim, Mar 3, 2015.

1. maloney

maloney music collector and archivist

I would Love to See the Many Records Issued By Walter Brennan Issued on London, Dot, Liberty, and others Re-issued By Bear Family, with A book of All the Movie Posters of His Long and Distinguished Career ..He had Many Big Selling Issues and About 6 Hot 100 Tracks hits on the charts . Much remembered and loved by a generation who fondly grew up with him as the loveable Gramps on the after school sitcom staple "The Real McCoy's "

Reader, Rick Bartlett and melstapler like this.
  2. maloney

3. Hillel abramov

Hillel abramov Forum resident

The Beatles with Tony Sheridan - Hamburg Beatles Bop
    Great box set with all you ever need of this Era, all in mono and stere, diff takes, mixes, etc. Once you own it you Don't need anything else to complete those 1961 recordings.

4. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

Yep! Agreed, I'd love to see a box by 'Bear' of Walter.

Svein Arne and melstapler like this.
  5. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Lots of great beat music on this set.

‘Die Ariola Star-Club Aufnahmen’
    [​IMG]

6. Svein Arne

Svein Arne Forum Resident

A box like the 10 cd/DVD Box With John Wayne would be great.

:tiphat:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    melstapler and Rick Bartlett like this.
  7. Judge Judy

Judge Judy Forum Resident

I have this box. It's great.

8. Svein Arne

PROPER records could do a cd Box.

9. Svein Arne

10. hotshotskings

hotshotskings Forum Resident

I wish Bear Family Records would share which box set projects that are being worked on regardless if it has been 1 week, 5 yrs, 20 years, etc. I would like something to look forward to buying!

11. rod

rod Senior Member

I'm looking at it differently. If there's something that they've released that you want buy it now, it may be your last chance. They're trying to get rid of their existing CD stock and then it's over. I wouldn't be surprised if the Korea box is end of the line. The future of Bear Family is "collectible limited edition vinyl".:mad:

(I remember buying a box of new releases directly every month. They even sent me t-shirts and food at Christmas.)

12. Svein Arne

They can also get help from collectors if they dont find a special recording maybe a collector has it.Just like Starday custom box is missing som recordings they can borrow it from a collector.Pictures can also collectors help with.Would make it easier for them to do it.

13. Rick Bartlett

funny yeah! I've often thought about that, how do they reach out to add or complete their box sets? I have known or know
    a few people with rare items that have never surfaced in such collections....

14. Mychael

Mychael Forum Resident

Not true. Bear Family is constantly updating and re-pressing their back catalog (box sets and single CDs). The market for physical discs (especially those with books/packaging like BF, BE Records or Ruf) is far from being obsolete, especially in Germany where Amazon isn't dominating all the sales.

15. baptistbusman

baptistbusman Compact Disc Advocate

Last night I had a moment of weakness and bought a brand new copy of the Uncle Dave Macon boxed set! Can’t wait!!

16. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Tonight at the Lousiana Hayride box-set is not only my favorite BF release it s one of my all time favorite box-sets

melstapler and Svein Arne like this.
  17. Svein Arne

Do you have the Big D Jamboree Box set?

18. Rick Bartlett

19. Steve...O

Steve...O Forum Resident

Hi Mychael - do you know if the first Jimmy Dickens box is being repressed? It's been OOP for quite some time.

Thank you for confirming their back catalog is still a priority and than you for all the wonderful design work you do for them.

melstapler likes this.
  20. Kevin55

Kevin55 Forum Resident

Enjoy! ;)

21. Bob Y

Bob Y Well-Known Member

I have all three Everly Brothers boxes, I've been a fan of theirs since I was a little kid, I was sick with asthma and my doctor told me that I had to stay in all early summer (actually my parents:D) and my aunt felt so bad for me she let me borrow her Webcor Hifi (which really sounded good) and a bunch of 45's. This was about 1962, I was 9 years old and she had a lot of Everly brother singles, both WB and Cadence and I fell in love and have been a big fan ever since. I think these three box sets have just about ever tune they ever did including many outtakes, it's fascinating to hear the different takes and progressions and directions of some of the songs on the way to their final form.

22. maloney

you will love it I have it and it is very good amazing book

baptistbusman likes this.
  23. maloney

can anyone tell me is Rose Maddox and Her Brothers on the Louisiana Hayride boxed set , I realy enjoy Roses Music ..especialy Smoke, Fire, and Brimstone, Ole Slew Foot, And Honky Tonkin..on Capitol

24. hotshotskings

The Land Just Over The Stars by The Maddox Brothers & Rose
    Tall Men by Rose Maddox

maloney likes this.
  25. hotshotskings

Mychael, still gonna keep us in the dark regarding this Outlaw box??!!