Favorite "warm 70's" album or song

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by classicrockguy, Mar 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

well that's your subjective opinion.
    roxy music are great and could have been on the list, as could a hundred other bands.
    you suggest none of those bands have any talent and state you love the new york dolls, and it's fine that you like them, but they were very average musicians.
    i don't necessarily like all the bands on that list. the context was boring sleepy 70's bands were fallout from the sixties. whether you like any of those bands is irrelevant, you may find their style of music boring (and they cover a large spectrum of music, so that would just suggest you have very limited taste) but none of them made sleepy seventies ballads as a rule.
    ritchie blackmore is an excellent guitarist and huge influence on hundreds of guitar players
    black sabbath virtually invented a whole new genre of music
    robert plant is generally regarded as one of the finest rock vocalists ever
    john paul jones is an excellent musician and arranger
    although not a huge priest fan they did redefine the whole idea of hard rock/heavy metal
    ian anderson was a quite brilliant songwriter and the melding of styles in tull's music broke a lot of ground and inspired a lot of other bands
    dave gilmour is a very good guitarist for his style and waters had a way with words and to call one of the best bands that ever recorded music over-rated and under talented says more about you than them
    acdc are just acdc, but angus young was considered to be a very good guitarist
    i am guessing you don't even know who cold chisel are unless you are an aussie and to call them what you did would suggest you have no idea about music at all, because they did it all.
    aerosmith are just a good rock band that were hugely popular
    the ramones were what they were and that is a pre-punk movement punk band of sorts
    the who are a great band, but during their hey day moon was probably the most talented musician, or entwhistle. townshend was an interesting story teller and when in the zone wrote some great songs
    queen ... not talented? really? ... probably one of the most talented all 'round, non-supergroups there has been.
    the clash were a way better example of punk than mclarens prefab sex pistols
    kiss were a great show band
    neil peart is one of the best drummers to ever pick up sticks and they wrote some incredible music
    ray davies is an incredibly good, if not a little inconsistent song writer
    the doobies were good musicians, they just liked their weed
    thin lizzy took the twin lead guitar to new heights

learn a bit about music before making ignorant comments

lance b and Svetonio like this.
  2. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

3. Ignatius

Ignatius Forum Resident

Not the time to tell her you lied about having a waterbed

4. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

Always enjoyed this album.

thematinggame likes this.
  5. RandyP

RandyP Forum Resident

My favorite decade of music because I was a teen then. I love the "warm" 70s songs, especially now that I am in my 50s. I love many of the ones mentioned above and I remember them when they were new and fresh on the radio back in the day. Here are some I've discovered years later that would've fit great had I heard them way back when:

Batdorf & Rodney - I like all the 70s albums but especially the 1975 album Life is You and the great non-album single, "Somewhere in The Night." Yes, the one that Helen Reddy had a hit with at the same time and Barry Manilow had a later hit with. I have heard the rumor that the B&R single was climbing the charts, threatening to outpeform the Helen Reddy single, when Reddy's husband and manager Jeff Wald got involved and suddenly their version tanked and hers went Top 40. Not sure it that's true or not.
    Partridge Family - "Morning Rider on The Road." I first heard it years later as the b-side to "I'll Meet You Halfway."
    CSN - "Carried Away" from the CSN album (1977).

6. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

theres always one :laughup:

or warm love!

if you really want to get warm:

[​IMG]

PaperbackBroadstreet likes this.
  7. Chance

Chance Forum Resident

Ventura Highway - America
    Baby, I Love Your Way - Peter Frampton
    That's The Way Of The World - Earth, Wind & Fire
    Got To Be There - Michael Jackson
    I Wanna Be Where You Are - Michael Jackson

Svetonio likes this.
  8. samthesham

samthesham Forum Resident

[QUdon't"mark winstanley, post: 18212212, member: 36538"]well that's your subjective opinion.
    roxy music are great and could have been on the list, as could a hundred other bands.
    you suggest none of those bands have any talent and state you love the new york dolls, and it's fine that you like them, but they were very average musicians.
    i don't necessarily like all the bands on that list. the context was boring sleepy 70's bands were fallout from the sixties. whether you like any of those bands is irrelevant, you may find their style of music boring (and they cover a large spectrum of music, so that would just suggest you have very limited taste) but none of them made sleepy seventies ballads as a rule.
    ritchie blackmore is an excellent guitarist and huge influence on hundreds of guitar players
    black sabbath virtually invented a whole new genre of music
    robert plant is generally regarded as one of the finest rock vocalists ever
    john paul jones is an excellent musician and arranger
    although not a huge priest fan they did redefine the whole idea of hard rock/heavy metal
    ian anderson was a quite brilliant songwriter and the melding of styles in tull's music broke a lot of ground and inspired a lot of other bands
    dave gilmour is a very good guitarist for his style and waters had a way with words and to call one of the best bands that ever recorded music over-rated and under talented says more about you than them
    acdc are just acdc, but angus young was considered to be a very good guitarist
    i am guessing you don't even know who cold chisel are unless you are an aussie and to call them what you did would suggest you have no idea about music at all, because they did it all.
    aerosmith are just a good rock band that were hugely popular
    the ramones were what they were and that is a pre-punk movement punk band of sorts
    the who are a great band, but during their hey day moon was probably the most talented musician, or entwhistle. townshend was an interesting story teller and when in the zone wrote some great songs
    queen ... not talented? really? ... probably one of the most talented all 'round, non-supergroups there has been.
    the clash were a way better example of punk than mclarens prefab sex pistols
    kiss were a great show band
    neil peart is one of the best drummers to ever pick up sticks and they wrote some incredible music
    ray davies is an incredibly good, if not a little inconsistent song writer
    the doobies were good musicians, they just liked their weed
    thin lizzy took the twin lead guitar to new heights

learn a bit about music before making ignorant comments[/QUOTE]
    We dont make comments on SHF that berate or insult members.

FYI I was in F.M. radio 1971-1977 so its obvious you're the individual who made ignorant statement.

I have my opinions and you are allowed yours.

We needn't converse further.

I don't want to report the term you posted.

But if contacted again you will have forced my hand.

Thank you.

9. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

As someone born after the 70s, I'm going to jump in, nonetheless.

I'd Really Love to See You Tonight - England Dan & John Ford
    Shadows in the Moonlight - Anne Murray

Honorable mention: Cool Night - Paul Davis (but that's 1981)

thematinggame likes this.
  10. classicrockguy

classicrockguy Forum Resident Thread Starter

Here's a few more of the kind of song I was talking about,

Seals & Crofts Greatest Hits, check out this gorgeous song,

Virtually the whole America's Greatest Hits, here's a good example,
    America - Muskrat Love - VINYL

Another "Home Again", this one from Tapestry,
    Carole KIng - Home Again

CCrider92 likes this.
  11. Svetonio

Svetonio Forum Resident

12. Hillel abramov

Hillel abramov Forum resident

The Preteders - I Go To Sleep

13. Svetonio

Svetonio Forum Resident

14. Svetonio

Svetonio Forum Resident

15. Svetonio

Svetonio Forum Resident

16. Svetonio

Svetonio Forum Resident

17. Svetonio

Svetonio Forum Resident

18. Svetonio

Svetonio Forum Resident

John54 likes this.
  19. Svetonio

Svetonio Forum Resident

20. Svetonio

Svetonio Forum Resident

21. Svetonio

Svetonio Forum Resident

22. Svetonio

Svetonio Forum Resident

23. Svetonio

Svetonio Forum Resident

24. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

We dont make comments on SHF that berate or insult members.

FYI I was in F.M. radio 1971-1977 so its obvious you're the individual who made ignorant statement.

I have my opinions and you are allowed yours.

We needn't converse further.

I don't want to report the term you posted.

But if contacted again you will have forced my hand.

Thank you.[/QUOTE]
    what term?

25. Cokeman118

Cokeman118 Forum Resident

Love this song, could listen to it over and over... always thought it was very McCartney/Wings esqe. Reminds me of Juniors Farm or Girls School for some reason... could easily be a lost Wings tune.

AudiophilePhil likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.