Defective record in a box set

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by pdf1964, Mar 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pdf1964

pdf1964 Tainted Member Thread Starter

Does anyone know how I go about getting a single record in the Queen box set replaced? A Night At The Opera has a pressing defect that causes a great deal of distortion on side 2 of the album. Every other record in the box plays fine, even side 1 of A Night At The Opera. Amazon replaced the entire box set once, but the same record from that box has the exact same problem.

Trying to find a customer service contact phone number or email has proven difficult. I did find one for Virgin EMI, but their web site says they will only respond to enquiries from the UK. I sent them an email anyway, hoping they will respond with some useful information. Hollywood Records is distributed in the US by Universal group, but I’ve had no luck finding contact info for either.

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Paul

2. richierichie

richierichie My glass is always full.

Order the album from Amazon, swop this album with the faulty copy from your box set, return the faulty copy and request a refund. Simple.

3. pdf1964

To my knowledge, the individual albums are only available as black vinyl. The one in the box is white vinyl.

4. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

Problem is the LP in the box is white vinyl, which isn't available outside the box.

Amazon should be able to replace again.

5. pdf1964

That will be the fallback plan for sure, but I have gotten 2 in a row from with the exact same issue in the same spots on the same record. Maybe wait a couple weeks and hope they move through the current lot.

6. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

He all ready bought from Amazon. You just have to request a return. You have 30 days to send it back. So you can just do this without the re-order.

7. pdf1964

Yes, I could do that. The problem is they already replaced the entire box once, and the same album had the same issue. I am thinking they received a bad lot. So if I ask them to replace again, the odds of it happening again are pretty high.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.