David Bowie Is: Brooklyn Museum Exclusive Vinyl

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mBen989, Feb 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dumaisaudio

dumaisaudio Forum Resident

Sold out of all the exclusives?

2. Mok

Mok Has Potential

No!

I just left there. There were many of the Berlin 12” and at least 20 7” Time. In the main gift shop in the pre-entrance lobby and upstairs in the exhibit gift shop. I expected they would be hot but at least right now it looks like there’s a lot of stock.

Nowhere on either vinyl does it say anything of a limited release. They have stickers:

Bowie BK 3.3.18

FourWalledWorld and Groovy like this.
  3. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

^^^And how was the exhibit?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  4. trackstar

trackstar Forum Resident

Is there anywhere that claims these will be one time pressings or will they be suppled throughout the months it's running?

For the money they are going for - one wonders if the bubble will burst in a couple weeks if anyone can walk in the gift shop without a ticket and buy them.

5. Totti is god

Totti is god Forum Resident

Time is Sold out, AND ticket for whole month. Live in Berlin AND iSelect are on stock.

6. Totti is god

People just think so. Because all Exclusive vinyl all Sold out fast. In London was Sold out Heathen AND outside, in Japan red blackstar etc. Time is gone in 1 day.

7. Mok

Mok Has Potential

I loved it. So much memorabilia, video, etc. - done very much in the style of the Bjork MoMA exhibit where you wear a portable device with headphones and as you walk through the exhibit, the position sensors pick up on where you are and switch you to the audio for that section. Well designed and covers birth to the end. Also I liked that there was a strict no photos rule there - prevents a certain type of clog and promotes a certain type of reverence for what you see and hear. I am a member of the museum so I’ll be going back…

AnalogJ and Stone Turntable like this.
  8. Mok

Mok Has Potential

You already can. Not everything, but surely the vinyl exclusives. These are in the lobby gift shop as well.

9. trackstar

trackstar Forum Resident

Right, but how limited are they? Can't find anywhere that mentions the pressing amount.

10. mdelrossi

mdelrossi Forum Resident

I went for the members preview, around 5 pm.
    Wasn’t packed , and glad I went then.
    When I got out around 6:30 there was a long line.

All of the albums were there and well stocked, but who knows now.

11. Mok

Mok Has Potential

Hard to say. No signage anywhere about the releases inside the museum. No notice on the releases themselves that say anything about them being limited. Only exclusive to the museum.

Neonbeam likes this.
  12. Markyp

Markyp Forum Resident

Living in England, I hope that the exclusive bit is the orange vinyl and in time it’ll be out on black vinyl or CD.

13. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Did you see any other stop or was this your first time? I'd like to know how it compares to London and Berlin. These two were not as different as I had hoped but the latter had seats from legendary W.Berlin club Dschungel.:evil: Wonder if they stayed here or moved on with the rest of the exhibition.
    Too bad for the people paying 249$ for the "Berlin" ep alone:biglaugh:

14. Mok

Mok Has Potential

First and only time. I saw no club seats. But there's apparently new stuff here never before at any other stop. Particularly some Blackstar and Lazarus stuff. I was definitely moved by the end.

vonwegen, Neonbeam and TonyCzar like this.
  15. karmaman

karmaman Forum Resident

only a few exclusives have had specified amounts. anything else is speculation and the lower estimates come from those with something to gain (i.e. flippers).

16. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

You may want to go when Tony Visconti is there for a talk. I believe I read yesterday he'll be there on April 15

Like this early Blackstar album tracklist ?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  17. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Tony was born and grew up in Brooklyn!!

18. Totti is god

I think people from NY ,no problem to buy exclusive vinyl. My friend bought me yesterday live and I select, time was sold out. But how eu fan and everyone else who want this exclusive buy them. eBay is No.1. I want to buy Heathen and 1Outside from London, and red blackstar from japan. I can only buy them from eBay for crazy money.

I refuse to pay such big price, but I bought Blackstar clear Vinyl from eBay flippers,bcs is only way to have one copy

19. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

TYVM.

20. footprintsinthesand

Maybe it's just for one day (or less) so go and enjoy this one on YouTube :targettiphat:

Tombby, JannL, Tanx and 9 others like this.
  21. Mister President

Mister President Forum Resident

And Bowie's codpiece from Labyrinth :laugh:

22. oldturkey

oldturkey Forum Resident

Ray Staff really mixed the backing vocals up a lot on "Heroes" didn't he? Bowie sounds in great voice on "Blackout" btw, maybe that's why they chose it for the Beauty & the Beast single. Great loose/drunken version of Alabama Song. Crowd sounds like they're in another city though.

footprintsinthesand likes this.
  23. footprintsinthesand

Yes and overall sounds really different from the Stage versions at first, a bit odd with the instruments tuned down without punch, not a solid wall. I will try and play the rip on my main system later for comparison.

24. carlo

carlo Forum Resident

Which size has the "mini LP" of Berlin 1978? Is it a 10" vinyl record?

25. MondoFanM

MondoFanM Member from ATX

Just got mine in the mail. It’s a 12”.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.