Record Store Day "RSD" April 2018 Releases*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cwd, Feb 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Just noticed as well the Floyd includes the singles from that time as well as bonus cuts, very nice!

2. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

LoveandTheft likes this.
  3. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

And Demon also has titles by Human League and Toyah that I am interested in...

4. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

it's listed as a single LP, though.. weird.

andrewskyDE and oldturkey like this.
  5. Danby Delight

Danby Delight Forum Resident

No, it came out on vinyl on its original release, although by 1990, those were tiny pressings. And I think it's been reissued at least once as a limited edition within the last few years.

troggy likes this.
  6. spartanmanor

spartanmanor Forum Resident

Could be U.K. Only...

7. Danby Delight

Danby Delight Forum Resident

The first three of those were released on Black Friday last November. That must be a mistake on their part.

8. SoporJoe

SoporJoe Forum Resident

Yes. Originally in 1990 on Atlantic in the US. Then again in 2015 on Blank in Australia. Then again in 2016 on Blank in Australia. (Both Aussie reissues were on coloured vinyl.)

troggy likes this.
  9. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

I saw a copy last year at Bull Moose. Unfortunately somebody snagged it before I got it. It isn’t my favorite Red Kross LP, but I’ll grab it if I see one.

10. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

If true it’s a done deal for me. I’ve always thought Pink Floyd was overrated, but I love the Syd Barrett era. This is a must have.

11. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

I know, Piper is around 40 minutes with out the bonus tracks...I guess we find out soon...I was hoping these would have been on a separate LP but included with this.

12. oldturkey

oldturkey Forum Resident

The Johnny Thunders So Alonesome release is a weird one.

Consisting of previously unreleased studio recordings 'So Alonesome' is an essential sibling to 'So Alone'. Featured msuicians include Steve Jones & Paul Cook (Sex Pistols); Peter Perrett & Mike Kellie (The Only Ones); Paul Gray & Steve Nicol (Eddie & The Hot Rods); Walter Lure & Billy Rath (Heartbreakers); Phil Lynott (Thin Lizzy); Steve Marriott (Small Faces/Humble Pie); John 'Irish' Earle (Thin Lizzy); Chris Wood (Traffic); Chrissie Hynde (Pretenders) & Patti Palladin (Snatch).

Electric Sydney likes this.
  13. Pavol Stromcek

Pavol Stromcek Senior Member

That Wire 7" box sounds mighty interesting, even though I already have several of their earlier 7"s. That might be the first RSD release I've ever been genuinely curious about. Too bad I usually avoid record stores on RSD!

But like others have mentioned, I really hope this leads to a proper vinyl reissue campaign that has nothing to do with 4MWB.

14. gazatthebop

gazatthebop Forum Resident

the 1967 eponymous album on Deram mono/stereo coloured vinyl

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    oldturkey likes this.
  15. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Cool. I have Soul Christmas & Motel Shot. They both just sound ok to me. Christmas sounds digital and my original Motel is more open and alive. They’re not bad at all. But no rave from me. Beautiful packaging though. I do like the concept of what they’re doing.

Mazzy likes this.
  16. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

I wish they didn’t have all the categories on the RSD list . I find it confusing. I just want everything in alphabetical order.

ODShowtime likes this.
  17. Fa La La

Fa La La Well-Known Member

18. ToEhrIsHuman

ToEhrIsHuman Forum Resident

Yes, Third Eye by Redd Kross was re-released a few years ago in Australia on green vinyl I believe.

troggy likes this.
  19. Paully

Paully De gustibus non est disputandum

Only one for me, but I was actually trying to buy that Killing Joke album a month ago and the price for an original copy definitely stalled me out. Hopefully this one is done well!

20. RSD and regular issue.

[​IMG] P

21. Toddarino

Toddarino Total Hunk

Didn’t see the Eddie & the Hotrods or Who live release on the pdf. Hope they aren’t U.K. exclusive.

22. overdrivethree

overdrivethree Forum Resident

*sigh* Bert Jansch "LA Turnaround" limited to a regional 500 copies.

Unless I'm missing something (a teaser, like a limited color pressing before a fuller set of reissues), this is one that should be available just regularly. This is why I grit my teeth at RSD.

Spadeygrove likes this.
  23. Fa La La

Fa La La Well-Known Member

You mean the Who Isle of Wight? It will be out May 11th in the US.

24. Toddarino

Toddarino Total Hunk

I was referring to the Fillmore East set. Upon further review it appears it’s to be released the day prior. Not part of RSD.

25. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

The Who's Kids Are Alright movie soundtrack will be released as well on RSD.

LoveandTheft and johnnybrum like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.