Concert For George reissue CD/LP/DVD Feb 23, 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by zgredzik, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Well shoot

2. culabula

culabula Unread author.

I’ve now played the LPs twice and this wasn’t my sonic experience at all. I agree it’s overpriced, if one pays that price, but since I only paid 66€, I’m quite pleased.

I haven’t played the DVD in years (despite what Fremer says, I found the picture quality very grainy) but was immediately struck by both the detail on these new LPs and the very real presence of the vocals.

I’ll dig out Slowhand at 70 and see what he’s on about. Perhaps I’m wrong, but the LPs of George did not disappoint me -the pressing alone is magic!

Mr. Explorer and Solace like this.
  3. Solace

Solace Forum Resident

Agree 100%. Mine sounds great. Well pressed vinyl and the performances sparkle like diamonds.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  4. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Good. I’m not alone.

Incidentally, I was bored stiff by the embedded DVD of Slowhand at 70 and much preferred listening to the LPs themselves. Strange though that Fremer doesn’t mention the awful and pointless rendition of "You Are So Beautiful" by Paul Carrack that mars one of the sides. There’s nothing quite so ghastly on the George recorded evening...

5. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

Just received the 4-LP set from Amazon Italy. It arrived in prefect shape, tightly packed in its own box, which was then placed inside a larger Amazon box with lots of paper for extra protection.

longdist01, forthlin and Jerry Horne like this.
  6. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Uhm.. no.

Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr Share Grammy Stage

Edit: Oh, but if you meant up until the Concert For George, then yeah that's probably true. I may have misread the question. Sorry.

vitorbastos123 likes this.
  7. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

Yes I meant up until the CFG. And dont forget Ringo joined George at the Albert Hall in 1992.

8. Jack Lumber

Jack Lumber Forum Resident

Any deluxe sets made it to anyone’s home yet?

9. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

I haven't received a shipping notice yet. Anyone else?

10. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

Not a word ...

11. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

Yes, he did. At a charity concert at the Hollywood Bowl, Ringo joined Paul on stage in 93 and sang.

12. fmuakkassa

fmuakkassa Dr. M

No

13. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Why would you possibly think so?
    “This is a pre-order and is expected to ship on in early April 2018.”​

Oh, because April is half over and no one has even received a shipping notice? That’s why...

forthlin likes this.
  14. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

I ordered two of these deluxe sets. I sent an email to the Harrison website asking when they might be shipped and why the delay. No response.

15. Jack Lumber

I emailed just after my last post highlighting the early/ mid April shipping date and requesting some update.

The (less than satisfactory) reply was;

it was advertised shipping mid April- it is still mid April, and we expect to ship it mid April.

That was two days ago... come Saturday it will officially be late April, so I’m thinking of contacting them asking why it is late!

I don’t think it unresponbale to expect (after they have already taken my nigh on £500) to be able to provide a better eta. I want to know when to expect DHL to come knocking demanding customs and import duties!

mrjinks and forthlin like this.
  16. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

That's a lousy response from customer service. Good grief.:shake:

mrjinks likes this.
  17. Jack Lumber

I received a follow up customer satisfation email- so I’ve given a negative feedback- I’ll wait to see if they can divulge any more details... but as the last response took 7 days, I’m naively hopeful it will ship before eventually getting an incredulous response along the lines of, we’ve already shipped it and emailed you so what’s your problem!

forthlin likes this.
  18. Sargon

Sargon OHNOTHIMAGAIN

I sent my "pesky" inquiry to them yesterday 4/18. I wouldn't mind waiting if I could know the reason for the delay. It's not that I'm looking for a "valid" excuse. I simply would be fascinated as to what part of the box set production they have encountered problems with. Maybe they cut the tapestry too big so their isn't enough (ha), or the "container" on the front that is see through was too complex to machine cut without damage etc. etc.

As far as what is inside the box, that has already been shipped a long time ago. So I am concluding it has to do with the "goodies" that are exclusive to this 1000 copy box set.

Jack Lumber likes this.
  19. Jack Lumber

Exactly- if it going to ship in May- just say so! It has already been delayed since 25th Feb, and I have all the content bar the deluxe extras- I’d just like to know when I’ll see my new baby!

(In the meantime I just received my copy of the collector edition of the Genesis book of the same name- so I guess I’ll have to read that while I wait! )

20. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Yeah, it’s been exactly TWO MONTHS since we were notified of the delay with this and that email concluded with the line “Thanks again for your continued support, we will send another update very shortly.”

21. Damn, all I want is the bloody blu-ray, but I don't want to take out a loan to get it.

22. lennon_08518

lennon_08518 Forum Resident

No sign of it yet.

23. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

Wow... they are dealing this situation so badly... not even a Facebook post for those who bought it.

24. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

I'm sorry to hear you guys are having such a hard time after paying so much for the deluxe box.

I was initially a little sad that they would not ship it to Brazil, but since I already had the 2-CD/2-DVD/2-BD sets, it was good enough for me to order just the 4-LP box from Amazon.

I'm now glad about my choice and I hope you will all receive your deluxe sets soon, so that you can enjoy them.

25. I have so many records and boxes and just got through RSD so I’m in no rush for this to arrive. :tiphat:

chacha likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.