Eurythmics on CD and remasters

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Turnaround, Aug 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

They were certainly in print longer than David Bowie. The first Eurythmics RCA disc was probably Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This), which exists with an RCD prefix. It's probably late 1983 or early 1984, and one of the earliest RCA titles on CD. All of their regular albums from Sweet Dreams to We Too Are One were platinum certified here in the UK, so the only explanation for not seeing their LPs with any regularity in charity shops is the vinyl revival. I haven't checked my local record store for Eurythmics CDs because they charge a ridiculous amount per CD, irrespective of how rare or common it is (good if there is something really rare on the shelves).

Neonbeam likes this.
  2. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Oh they were davinitely :)laugh:) longer in print than the Bowie RCA cds. Unfortunately. Because one reason why I'm seeing so many Eurythmics discs is that I relentlessly keep browsing these bins for the familiar white-blue RCA spine. Only thing I came up with in all these years was "ChangesBowie". And tons of "Let's Dance"s. On EMI but I notice them anyway:evil:

Dave S and bataclan2002 like this.
  3. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

Clannad are another RCA artist I see a lot. Clannad Legend is everywhere. One of my Eurythmics CDs (Revenge) has a red yellow spine because it is a Japan for US copy.

Tokyo Ghost and Neonbeam like this.
  4. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

It's been a couple of years since I went to Amoeba in San Francisco frequently, but I used to see used copies of the original Eurythmics cds there frequently for very little money. They were usually the US issues (red and yellow spine) but I occasionally saw the European imports (blue and white spine).

Dave S likes this.
  5. Neonbeam

Yeah, Clannad. Back in the day a good friend was a big fan of "Magical Ring" and the Bono graced "Macalla":evil:

One thing I love about cd spine browsing is how much past is buried/ hidden in those bins. Haha.... I also see a lot of those white/ red Polydor spines. On Chris Rea discs:uhhuh:

If you could provide a time tunnel back to 1986 these bins would make you rich. Haha.... you could even take pre-orders.

Tokyo Ghost and Dave S like this.
  6. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

I'm not sure taking a time tunnel back to 1986 would help, since CDs were very rare then, and often went OOP quickly. But spine browsing is my preferred way of browsing. It's a lot quicker than flicking through the discs. It's especially true of charity shops where nothing is ordered.

Neonbeam likes this.
  7. colinu

colinu I'm not lazy, I'm energy saving!

I just checked my local store's online listing - they have most original discs in stock.

I then checked bullmoose.com for those in the Northeast US - again, most in stock.

8. Neonbeam

Oh, I was thinking of selling today's bin CDs back to the people of 1986. In 1986:biglaugh:

9. Audioresearch

Audioresearch Forum Resident

I prefer the original rca cd's over the remasters

sunspot42 and colinu like this.
  10. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

You're in Europe, though. Eurythmics did alright in the US, but they were much bigger sellers across Europe. In the US their best selling days were over by the time CDs really took off. So mostly only fans would have the earlier discs on CD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.