Night Court - still funny

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by tomhayes, Dec 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

Screen shot 2017-09-10 at 3.45.37 AM.png

Steve Litos and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  2. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

(The preceding four posts seemed more appropriate here than in the Bob Barker thread where they had been hiding, so they have been moved.)

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  3. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

4. Mr. Fernando

Mr. Fernando Forum Resident

Ha! You guys wish!

5. MikaelaArsenault

Look who I found at the beginning of this video!

I don't even need to mention him by name or face. Because you can all figure it out for yourselves.

6. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

that needle trick always freaked me out

7. MikaelaArsenault

But it’s just a magic trick.

8. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

I used to love doing Sleight of Hand Card Magic and own several good books on it. However, it takes too much time for me to practice now but hope to get back into it in the future. One of the books I own is on the first person, who is thought to have initially developed Sleight of Hand techniques, as he was from the Wild West Days and he would cheat playing cards to win money by using Sleight of Hand. Apparently, he was shot dead during a game when he was suspected of cheating, but he is credited with a few of the first basic Sleight of Hand Card Moves that later Card Magicians used.

I only enjoy the type of magic that uses Sleight of Hamd so requires practice. I love the Penn & Teller Fool
    Us tv show when they have Card Magicians on the show and sometimes on replaying the video, I can pick up where the card manipulation was done during the trick. I also love Magicians, who do Coin Magic. I hate Illusionist though, as that is just Smoke & Mirrors.

Speaking of MTV 120 Minutes, I loved that show as they had several UK Music Artists from the 1990s as a guest on episodes, like the Manic Street Preachers, BLUR, Suede, etc.

Oh, Night Court is a funny show. I caught it on Nick at Night in the late 1990s-IIRC.
    Currently, my favorite comedies are The Mick with the woman from It's Always Sunny in Philly and Brooklyn 9-9.

9. GroovyGuy

GroovyGuy Forum Resident

What a great show! Dan Fielding was by far my fav character on the show. John Larroquette absolutely nailed the character and played him very well start to finish. FWIW, I prefer the "trashy" version of the character that emerged after the producers discovered Larroquette's sense of humour which allowed Dan to move from "conservative Dan" to "CLASSIC Dan" ;)

10. TheSeldomSeenKid

Dan Fielding was the guy who lead to the creation of the 'Me Too' movement-haha.

MikaelaArsenault and Benno123 like this.
  11. Jazzmonkie

Jazzmonkie Forum Resident

I liked that he credited the trick to Bill Durks, the man with 2 faces, who I saw in a sideshow when I was 12 years old.

12. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

I always loved the scene where Dan is on the phone making a date and runs his finger over the wall to find her name. He then hangs up singing “Oh Danny Boy, your pants your pants are falling!” What a sleeze, lol!!!

GroovyGuy and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  13. MikaelaArsenault

It was on Nick At Nite?

14. MikaelaArsenault

I rewatched the first part of A Guy Named Phantom a few days ago and there are so many funny moments in the episode that I cannot name all of them right now.

15. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

he was fantastic, I heard he took himself out of the running for emmy nomination after winning four straight/ ps he plays a bartender in Choose Me, great film

16. GroovyGuy

GroovyGuy Forum Resident

That is correct. He asked not to be considered in the 1989 Emmy nominations. Talk about his actual character flying in the face of the character he payed on the show lol ;)

17. TheSeldomSeenKid

Pretty sure that was the channel or maybe TVLAND?
    I Bought the first 2 Seasons on DVD, but did not see the other seasons at the time. Need to see if they are sold on Amazon.

18. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

I liked it and watched it when it was on.

19. MikaelaArsenault

TV Land I believe.

TheSeldomSeenKid likes this.
  20. MikaelaArsenault

Want to know something funny? Another thing I noticed in the first part of A Guy Named Phantom was when Harry and Christine were going to have a drink together, both of them noticed that there was no half and half.

Well, who do you think stole the cream? ;)

21. TheSeldomSeenKid

This is where the Creamer went(Courtesy of Penn & Teller-How to Play with Your Food)

22. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I had a crush on Markie Post...

23. MikaelaArsenault

They didn’t steal the cream. :(

24. TheSeldomSeenKid

No, but it was a good excuse to post that funny Penn & Teller Trick.
    Magicians hate Penn & Teller as they show audiences on occasions how a trick is done. The best being the Cups and Balls where Penn says never do this trick with clear see through Cups, then Teller proceeds to do just that, but the point being it is so fast sleight of hand even with clear see through Cups that at Regular Speed it is hard to follow but then they perform the same maneuvers slowly so you can follow all of the palming and misdirections.

I saw them at Halloween Nights one year at Universal Studios and they did a trick to prove that nothing was up their sleeves, by going behind a partition to strip and called up a woman from the audience to verify they were removing their clothes, which apparently by her reaction they did strip, then they came out but forgot what they wore but maybe just boxer shorts, and then did a trick making multiple cocktail glasses appear out of thin air to show it was done with 'nothing up their sleeves'. These guys are bizarre and weird and that is why I like their act. Dropping the rabbit into a wood chipper with blood spurting out is one of their classic tricks as their take on pulling a rabbit out of a hat.

Sorry I got off the thread topic, but Harry Anderson, on Night Court loved Magic and saw about 10 years ago he was living in New Orleams in a house full of magic items. He was a big fan of Houdini-IIRC.

25. MikaelaArsenault

I would have loved to visit that house. :)

And it’s okay if you got off the thread topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.